What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds in jeopardy?

Alehana

Juniors
man i'm definately going to the next game, its the day after my birthday, so my mates will have to come along.

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBH if they were budgeting for mre than 1500 game they were being vey optimistic! I agree it is disappointing to see our crowds drop from the iitial 2700 to around 15-1700 but nobody likes a losing team! I am surprised by the lack of support of the WARL clubs generally but I think there is more the Reds can do to get fans in.

This year is a steep learning curve year and I hope they don't panic and make rash statments that cause it to look like we can't grow the game.

bender

Juniors
TBH if they were budgeting for mre than 1500 game they were being vey optimistic! I agree it is disappointing to see our crowds drop from the iitial 2700 to around 15-1700 but nobody likes a losing team! I am surprised by the lack of support of the WARL clubs generally but I think there is more the Reds can do to get fans in.

This year is a steep learning curve year and I hope they don't panic and make rash statments that cause it to look like we can't grow the game.

If they are averaging crowds of 1500-1700, wouldnt that make them the 15th best supported club in the Southern Hemisphere?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i think he's got a point, the turn out on saturday was pretty disappointing.

any ideas on gettin people 2 the game? i think as bad as it sounds some clubs might need incentives to get people along 2 the games. say when you purchase your ticket they could ask you what club your from then the club with the most memebrs at the games get a "prize"

Nuke

Staff member
Have the WARL sent memos to all clubs inc Joondalup about this?
As the secretary of the Joondalup Giants, nothing has come to me as yet of this kind. In fact, so far (as much as I can remember anyway) the only e-mails I've received regarding the WA Reds are coming to me because I'm a member.

If I do get something, I'll let you know.

I might just post that article on our website. We'll see if that makes any difference.
(http://joondalupgiants.leaguenet.com.au ;-))

joondalup_giant

Staff member
As the secretary of the Joondalup Giants, nothing has come to me as yet of this kind. In fact, so far (as much as I can remember anyway) the only e-mails I've received regarding the WA Reds are coming to me because I'm a member.

If I do get something, I'll let you know.

I might just post that article on our website. We'll see if that makes any difference.
(http://joondalupgiants.leaguenet.com.au ;-))

wow, are u the president of JG nuke? thats awesome.

albert

Juniors
How about having the WARL "game of the week" before the REDS? (Saturday or Sunday) I thought this was going to happen when the REDS entered the JBC.You could still hold the colts games ( just a bit earlier).Are ticket prices to high?Does any body know how much it is to get into the Eastern states grounds?Ive been to a couple of REDS home games,parking is a slight problem and the food outlets are pretty pricey.I know the WARL does not control the food outlets,just makes it a bit expensive if you have few kids.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
that might work, but then supporters probably wouldnt want to pay $15 to watch there club play a game that would normally ba about $6 depending what ground your at.

another negative is the clubs lose out on the revenue they'd get from a home game (food & drink sales, ticket sales etc etc...)

albert

Juniors
How about the REDS going to junior games on a Sunday (After home games).This will give the little ones some encouragement to go to a game.Also maybe the REDS could go to the junior training night.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i think that'd be a good idea, even if they hosted development camps and skills days stuff like that would be great

Nuke

Staff member
The Stadium management sucks far too much money off the WARL as it is. The longer the gates are open, the more we pay (and it is a stupidly high cost). It's just not worth it until such a time as they (stadium management) gives us -and presumably the other sports that utilise the ground- a f**king break.

b0rt

Juniors
The Stadium management sucks far too much money off the WARL as it is. The longer the gates are open, the more we pay (and it is a stupidly high cost). It's just not worth it until such a time as they (stadium management) gives us -and presumably the other sports that utilise the ground- a f**king break.
$7000 a game
WARL operating at a loss for the benefit of RL in WA
if only the NRL gave a toss

Nuke

Staff member
You'll notice at the Reds games that only one section -the main grandstand side of the field- is open. The rest is blocked off. This is because the stadium management also charges more if more of the ground is available to the public. I was told when I signed up for my 2008 Reds membership that only if and when the open section is completely full will they extend the open area (to maybe one of the behind-the-goals areas?). It means adding more security, ect, apparently.

Basically, it's an excuse for the stadium management to bleed more money off the WARL.

Alehana

Juniors
yeh $$ hungry, its a shame cause its like putting a tax on a little child struggling to find its feet,

albert

Juniors
The only other option would to play at another venue,BUT WHERE?Looks like we are stuck with MES.Remember that there is the corporate sponser to consider (corporate boxes etc...)South Perth & North Beach would be ok venues,I'm sure it would not cost the WARL $7000.00,also being a smaller venue you could be closer to the action creating a better atmosphere.

Latest posts