What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Vee

First Grade
I get that some don't like defenders milking an obstruction, not a fan myself, but my overriding principle when I reffed was "best advantage to the non-offending team". If you don't put yourself in a bad position, the defenders can't milking it. JWH was unlucky imo, it's never come up before. Now there's something else decoys have to think about.

T-Boon

Coach
I get that some don't like defenders milking an obstruction, not a fan myself, but my overriding principle when I reffed was "best advantage to the non-offending team". If you don't put yourself in a bad position, the defenders can't milking it. JWH was unlucky imo, it's never come up before. Now there's something else decoys have to think about.
All he had to do was pay attention to his job. He was ball watching. He cost his team a try.

Bazal

Post Whore
I understand the purpose of the rule, I also understand players can't disappear and there will be contact as is the nature of RL. So a Black and White rule doesn't work

And I've already said, they won't have to disappear if they don't run a shit line and impede a defender.

Stay out of there completely. It's not that hard to run a fking decoy

Pjf04b

Juniors
How did the bunker award the roosters try on half time? Everybody could see it wasn’t grounded correctly!
and how did they rule that Tago didn’t get the ball to touch the grass over the line?
Bunker decisions usually even out over time, but not 4 times in one game!

kurt faulk

Coach

The problem wasn't the disallowed chickens try, it was that they allowed the panfers try to stand after their decoy runner ran to the outside of the defender and stopped in the defensive line.

Is actually incomprehensible the same ref can see both obstructions differently.

The problem wasn't the disallowed chickens try, it was that they allowed the panfers try to stand after their decoy runner ran to the outside of the defender and stopped in the defensive line.

Is actually incomprehensible the same ref can see both obstructions differently.

But you can see they were different incidents? Can’t you?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
The problem with black and white is you’re gonna get players like that parra neville hiding behind opposition players and waving their arms about Mitch Moses style every time a break is made or a try is scored.

Haha I knew it. As soon as they rewarded that fat f**king neville last week for lazy defence they opened up a can of worms.

The NRL does this to themselves. They never learn.

Iamback

Coach

It is a by product of slowing it down. Whereas players have a split second to react.

JWH the whole time was watching the play and when it is 15m away you expect you are going to be out of the play

Reactions: Vee

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha I knew it. As soon as they rewarded that fat f**king neville last week for lazy defence they opened up a can of worms.

The NRL does this to themselves. They never learn.

You knew that the NRL would correctly apply the rules? Hey congrats!

Iamback

Coach
And I've already said, they won't have to disappear if they don't run a shit line and impede a defender.

Stay out of there completely. It's not that hard to run a fking decoy

I say this as someone that hates JWH.

He went through the line and was watching the play all the way, Not sure you expect to impede a defender in a try scoring situation 15m away.

Hence the reason black and white rules don't work in footy.

Take offsides, There would be a penalty every
set if Refs followed the rules black and white.

Most tackles have hands on the ball, again you could have a penalty in every tackle.

Referees are trusted to police them when they feel the need, Yet in these cases they aren't?

Iamback

Coach

I know you were a ref, How many stoppages is the game getting if everytime someone was offside a penalty was blown?

T-Boon

Coach
It is a by product of slowing it down. Whereas players have a split second to react.

JWH the whole time was watching the play and when it is 15m away you expect you are going to be out of the play
That is on him for not having fundamental situational awareness that fullbacks are an important /critical part of a defense. He should know that and it is on him and his coaching staff that he doesn’t know that.

Reactions: Vee

Canard

Immortal

Intent or otherwise isn't really relevant.

You can't deny a defender the opportunity, purposely or not.

T-Boon

Coach

He went through the line and was watching the play all the way, Not sure you expect to impede a defender in a try scoring situation 15m away.

Most tackles have hands on the ball, again you could have a penalty in every tackle.

Referees are trusted to police them when they feel the need, Yet in these cases they aren't?
I’d rather go the way of legalising blocking than go your way. We have had that “leave it up to the refs opinion” before and it is kaos.

Canard

Immortal
Haha f**k me.

Every other club has to wait till Monday afternoon for their Graham Annesley apology.

Uncle Nick gets one immediately after the game.

The NRL know who the real boss is.

gerg

Juniors

This is on the coaches not the referees. Most of them spend all year getting creative with ways to cheat. I always hated the coaches having a say in the rules of the game. Creating black and white rules should reduce the 'head scratcher' decisions. Instead we have a media and coaches with ulterior motives on adjudication. All they give a toss about is their own team, instead of how the overall product looks.

I say again. It was only a few years ago Obstruction was a debacle. Nobody had any idea what decision was going to come from the bunker. Even on field referees were having WTF moments. We don't want to go back to that.

It will now circle around the drain hole because of the over the top reaction to Jurbo and in 8 weeks time it will be completely rooted again.

T-Boon

Coach
This is on the coaches not the referees. Most of them spend all year getting creative with ways to cheat. I always hated the coaches having a say in the rules of the game. Creating black and white rules should reduce the 'head scratcher' decisions. Instead we have a media and coaches with ulterior motives on adjudication. All they give a toss about is their own team, instead of how the overall product looks.

I say again. It was only a few years ago Obstruction was a debacle. Nobody had any idea what decision was going to come from the bunker. Even on field referees were having WTF moments. We don't want to go back to that.

It will now circle around the drain hole because of the over the top reaction to Jurbo and in 8 weeks time it will be completely rooted again.
100%.
Give yourself a scratch and sniff sticker.

Latest posts