What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Vee

First Grade
OMFG! 17 minutes to go, how is that not a knock-on against sivo?

Like m, I have no problems with the on field ref getting it wrong. It shits me so much the bunker can get that wrong.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
24 hours till kick off mate. Sit tight.

Before today's preceedings Penrith had conceeded more penalties than any team in the NRL. 44 in total. The fancied Roosters have now conceeded 51.

Penrith also happen to have the least number of penalties awarded in 2024 with 23.

Let the stats speak the story.
Is that long arm penalties? I.e not counting 6 agains?

Not being a smart arse, genuinely curious. Also have you collated this yourself or is there somewhere easy to find this?

Fangs

Coach
Is that long arm penalties? I.e not counting 6 agains?

Not being a smart arse, genuinely curious. Also have you collated this yourself or is there somewhere easy to find this?

Best resource I can find:

Filter by penalties conceeeded (PC).

It's incomplete. I also want to see what type of penalty, and also the set restart count.

Vee

First Grade
Nah as an Eels fan, definitely a sin bin. He missed and had a second crack...fmd. Stupid AF
Had another (sober) look at it.

I was going on the violence and damage, actual and potential and really, not that much.

The dumbness and stupidity? Sure, I can see 10 minutes for that.

I've never noticed that in his game before, personal and team frustration?

gerg

Juniors
Panthers captains challenge.

Bunker - Chester is just making a tackle with the back of his hand on the ball, there's no stripping action.

Err, what's his other hand doing numbnuts.

Vee

First Grade
8th minute 2nd half. Cleary told by badger to get closer to the scrum and then stays outside her as an extra defender.

Vee

First Grade
16 to go, nanai an absolute disruptor but the Panthers burned their challenge in the 1st half. Play on.

Totally disagree. Watched her carefully tonight and while she was tighter than the men with her 6 against, I thought she was absolutely consistent.

Play on and more power to her.
Agree. All refs manage the momentum and she did; it’s obviously something they are instructed to do.

I thought her first half was very good.

Valheru

Coach
Best resource I can find:

Filter by penalties conceeeded (PC).

It's incomplete. I also want to see what type of penalty, and also the set restart count.
Thanks for the resource.

So I just cross referenced this in regards to roosters using NRL app and it is definitely the full arm stat. We need 6 agains to truly tell the story and I’m surprised fox don’t keep track of what is an important stat in the modern game.

Just how it is. She had a great first half smashing both teams each way when called for. Her second her was poor though imo

Alot of feminist out there, if you call out a male ref for having a shit performance people accept it, you call out a female ref for having a shit performance the feminists come out. Regardless of gender they should all be treated the same and held to equal account and if these pair continue to stink it up they should be dropped.

Iamback

Coach
Thanks for the resource.

So I just cross referenced this in regards to roosters using NRL app and it is definitely the full arm stat. We need 6 agains to truly tell the story and I’m surprised fox don’t keep track of what is an important stat in the modern game.

They do in the game summary, So you could go through and add them manually but it should be done as part of the program

Fangs

Coach
They do in the game summary, So you could go through and add them manually but it should be done as part of the program

No need to do anything if they just do a weekly data dump and let football fans/nerds do the work.