What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs boss congratulates referee for making the wrong call

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't have a problem with a ref making a call in general play, but prudence should have meant that he let the play unfold, the try get scored and then use the video to check if there was a knock on or not. It would have only added an extra 30 seconds to game as the ref ordered a scrum, which took a while to pack anyway after the Raiders had protested at his decision.

I am neutral and I didn't think a knock on had occurred. I saw at normal speed what the super slow mo proved to be correct.

Alex28

Coach
I don't think this post has gone how Skeepe would have thought it would.

However it went just as everybody else expected :)

RHCP

Bench
I did. And for the first round or two, they were very good. They have regressed at a very rapid rate, so much so that the round just passed is the worst I can remember.
Until next time the Raiders win, only to regress even further the next time the Raiders lose.

Lol@Skeepe

Jason Maher

Immortal
I don't have a problem with a ref making a call in general play, but prudence should have meant that he let the play unfold, the try get scored and then use the video to check if there was a knock on or not. It would have only added an extra 30 seconds to game as the ref ordered a scrum, which took a while to pack anyway after the Raiders had protested at his decision.

I am neutral and I didn't think a knock on had occurred. I saw at normal speed what the super slow mo proved to be correct.

Once he made the call and the Knights chasers stopped, it would have been grossly unfair to then send it upstairs.

Spot On

Coach
The Raiders next four weeks - Tigers, Manly, Storm and Dogs. Get ready for four more weeks of shithouse refereeing during Canberra's next four losses.

Didgi

So by that logic we should go the the video ref for absolutely everything? Let's stop play after every tackle just to make sure a player wasn't taken high shall we? How about stopping and consulting with the video ref after every pass just to make sure it hasn't travelled forward. If we don't allow the refs to make decisions then we're going to get to that point.

Yeah, yeah.. no. Excellent way to miss the point.

Noname36

First Grade
Yeah, yeah.. no. Excellent way to miss the point.

How have I missed the point? What I said was in response to Liddell's statement that if we have video refs we should use them even if it repeatedly stops play to make sure we get the right result.

I personally think that there's enough stoppages in the game already, and if we don't allow the refs to make a decision on their own then we're going to get to a stage where every play is going to get checked by the video ref before we continue.

You get pissed when your side is on the back of a dud call...trust me, I get that, but surely I can't be the only one that is willing to cop a bad call or 2 against my team if it means we can keep the game flowing? It all evens out in the end anyway.

Frederick

Staff member
Stop listening to the commentators and use your eyes. The ball on Sunday was forward out of the hands, as clear a forward pass as you are ever likely to see.

Even clearer than the one by Gidley against the raiders a few years ago that was so far forward it wasn't funny, yet the try was still awarded? I don't think so.

jonno_knights

Juniors
That Gidley pass back in 2006 the biggest 'legal' forward pass I have ever seen :lol:

EDIT: Pictures Added. Now thats a Forward pass.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Stranger

Coach
That Gidley pass back in 2006 the biggest 'legal' forward pass I have ever seen :lol:

EDIT: Pictures Added. Now thats a Forward pass.

That went backwards out of the hands... it was just really really windy...

:lol:

Skeepe, your tears taste so sweet... mmm delicious!

Raider_69

Post Whore
the referees could walk on the field, shoot 12 of our players and if we came to complain LU would still laugh at us

pointless thread and at the end of the day, as hopeless as they were, If tonguey takes a routine ball and puts it under the sticks, we win. Its all well and good to be screwed but you gotta be good enough and regardless of what happened on the weekend, for 5 of the last 6 weeks, we've not been close to good enough

our side is so so much better than the knights side and they played poorly and still won, we should have belted that rubbish off the park, and we didnt. Thats on us. Doesnt excuse poor officiating though