What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reni Maitua in Newcastle

NumberOne

Juniors
According to Reni on twitter @renimaitua82, he is in Newcastle.

He is not playing at Ringrose right now either.

Surely he is just there to watch...no chance we will through him straight into first grade...is there?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No chance.

If he's in Newcastle it's because he's unable to play. If he was fit to play he'd be at Ringrose.

Eels Dude

Coach
Someone said the other day he had a crook shoulder and wasn't even doing full contact training.

oldmancraigy

Coach
well the official lineups have been announced - I haven't heard them yet, but they should've been out at 4.30pm!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only change is Loko out, Morgan in.

Commentators said Morgan will play left centre but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure he prefers the right, while Walker prefers the left.

Anyway, we'll know in half an hour.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Also, Kurt Gidley to fullback and Junior Sau is out replaced by some nuffy who'll probably score four tries now I've called him a nuffy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wonder what the reason is for Loko being out......hope he wasn't dropped!

Could be injured. Might've just been rotated or rested (yes it actually happens).

Loko has been fairly average in defence since he came into first grade and the Knights have pretty good attacking centres. Plus he probably wants to give Morgan some more game time before next year.

Eels Dude

Coach
Damn Morgan offers nothing. While despite Loko's similar inexperience he is at least good for some devestating runs.

Suitman

Post Whore
How on earth does someone who's been out for 2 years not be ready the first week he's eligible with a shoulder injury??

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
How on earth does someone who's been out for 2 years not be ready the first week he's eligible with a shoulder injury??

Suity

I was wondering the same thing, but his general fitness and medical condition would only have been assessed by the club doctors and conditioning staff for the first time last week. Maybe after doing that they realised he has a niggling injury or two that shouldn't be pushed too hard and he's better off being eased into the full training regime.

oldmancraigy

Coach
You have no idea what your talking about if you think Morgan offers anything.

I retract my earlier comments :eek:

Every time he caught the ball he ran back IN to the defenders. Had he just once backed his strength and run an 'out' line he'd have scored the match winning try off a lovely Hayne pass.

Loko next week please.

Bazal

Post Whore
I retract my earlier comments :eek:

Every time he caught the ball he ran back IN to the defenders. Had he just once backed his strength and run an 'out' line he'd have scored the match winning try off a lovely Hayne pass.

Loko next week please.

Inexperience, nothing else...Loko will make similar mistakes over the course of the season (and has made worse in defence thus far). I wonder if there will be threads about it :roll:

Eels Dude

Coach
Inexperience, nothing else...Loko will make similar mistakes over the course of the season (and has made worse in defence thus far). I wonder if there will be threads about it :roll:

The difference between Morgan and Loko is that Loko actually offers something in attack.

Latest posts