What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

Patorick

Staff member
Keep an eye out for the "family reasons" explanation.

Or "personal reasons".

Eelementary

Post Whore
Keep an eye out for the "family reasons" explanation.

Or "personal reasons".

Both articles I've read have suggested its because his family and his wife's are in Canberra, and he has a daughter with special needs. But this was all known when he signed with us...

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, now at least I can go back to bagging him. The halfback killer.

Seriously, don't understand why Canberra would want him. He has NEVER been good when it comes to player development, and that's Canberra's biggest strength.

Why would the Raiders want him? For disciplinary reasons? Because he's a club legend? I just don't understand it.

mongoose

Coach
Besides the Tigers (who actually seem to now have the seeds for a half decent future) the two clubs involved in this are the two biggest basketcases going around right now.

Parra is stuck at the bottom of the ladder, poor recruiting for 2014 suggests they are going no where fast. Now Ricky after giving them a record extending spoon leaves for big money.

And Canberra, where do you start here. Since the start of the season they've lost two of their biggest talents in Dugan and Ferguson. Milford looks to be following them out. Now they get a coach who is fresh off yet another disaster.

This right here is the 2014 spoon race.

you know your club has serious issues if you would rather be at the Raiders... he obviously still has a soft spot for us

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Canberra fans happy about this?

No. I think he's a shit coach and his performance at the eels this year has been shameful. Basically he didn't care that the eels had a bad season, all he wanted was his own way. And now he leaves that club because someone has made a better offer.

He has all qualities of a dog except loyalty.

bor

Juniors
What a gutless prick - he sacks half the squad (admittedly, a lot of them needed to go), and then does this whole inspirational, "I'm in - are you?", and then leaves at the drop of a hat.

Thats one thing he got right. There is a lot of average players there that should not be playing first grade. Many factors, like extremely poor recruitment have contributed to the mess that Parra is in.

Ricky at Parra was always going to end in tears. Just be thankful he cleared the decks of all the passengers so a new coach can rebuild with hopefully some decent players.

edit: not supporting ricky, he is a major prick for doing this to the fans

Patorick

Staff member
Both articles I've read have suggested its because his family and his wife's are in Canberra, and he has a daughter with special needs. But this was all known when he signed with us...
Yeah.

Not having a go at him or his family.

Just stating that these will probably be the main public reasons as to why he's doing what he's doing.

If they made this deal while they still had some of their key players of the past at the club (Dugan, Fergo) it might have been a good fit, but with the squad they've got for next year I don't see why the Raiders would need Sticky, especially on the rumored money he's getting (which he'd be insane to knock back).

Loudstrat

Coach
Rothfield :lol:

2 days ago it was a done deal. Today they were still looking at Henry.

If it's true - i cannot wait for Always Green's reaction :lol::lol::lol:

Already got it by the looks of it. Soft reaction AG!

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I have no problems with it. I think he's a good fit for us. No clean-out is necessary, just needs to sort out the mental midget syndrome in the squad.

I'm happy in that we have a coach who seems a lot tougher than those we've had recently, I say this because I was only reading Fittlers autobiography yesterday and found the part about the chooks first preseason under stuarts coaching interesting, one of the toughest he had

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm happy in that we have a coach who seems a lot tougher than those we've had recently, I say this because I was only reading Fittlers autobiography yesterday and found the part about the chooks first preseason under stuarts coaching interesting, one of the toughest he had

Honestly, for your sake, I hope his heart is in it - it wasn't at the Eels, clearly, and he's f**ked up an already f**ked up club.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Rothfield :lol:

2 days ago it was a done deal. Today they were still looking at Henry.

If it's true - i cannot wait for Always Green's reaction :lol::lol::lol:

Already got it by the looks of it. Soft reaction AG!

I was hoping for Steve Kearney but Sir Ricky Stuart will do.

Latest posts