What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

The Eagle

Juniors
I never ever thought I would be pissed off at something that happened at another club (especially Parramatta) but this is on the level of how I felt when SBW walked out on us.

Tbh this may actually be even worse because of the fact that he promised Parra fans the world, gave so many players the flick with the promise that it was part of his "plan" and completely wrote off this entire year as "rebuilding".

As a RL fan in general I think this is just unacceptable and something needs to be done about mid-contract walkouts.

Side note: I know this is a little hypocritical of me to be pissed off considering Hasler left mid contract, but at least he left the club when they we at the top and didn't completely disassemble the team.

He took everyone but Toovey,Warwick (who came back when crusher was signed) and Singe in the coaching staff plus cut celebrations short, I hope he has an disappointing career with limited success (no more premierships ),he and Ricky are both lowlifes of the highest order,SBW only did what his club did,left for more money in super league so its justice

Tommax25

Bench
I never ever thought I would be pissed off at something that happened at another club (especially Parramatta) but this is on the level of how I felt when SBW walked out on us.

Tbh this may actually be even worse because of the fact that he promised Parra fans the world, gave so many players the flick with the promise that it was part of his "plan" and completely wrote off this entire year as "rebuilding".

As a RL fan in general I think this is just unacceptable and something needs to be done about mid-contract walkouts.

Side note: I know this is a little hypocritical of me to be pissed off considering Hasler left mid contract, but at least he left the club when they we at the top and didn't completely disassemble the team.

He did one better than that, he actually improved it from the Bulldogs by taking T-Rex off our hands.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Stuart is grossly overrated as a coach. He walked into a good squad, won, and hasn't done much of note since. He lost a f**king World Cup as Australian coach, FFS.

Complete myth and his stint at Parramatta is evidence of that.

Tommax25

Bench
[/B]

He took everyone but Toovey,Warwick (who came back when crusher was signed) and Singe in the coaching staff plus cut celebrations short, I hope he has an disappointing career with limited success (no more premierships ),he and Ricky are both lowlifes of the highest order,SBW only did what his club did,left for more money in super league so its justice

That's a bit harsh, there was blame on both sides.

natheel

Coach
Paves the way for henry to come to eels.

Hopefully a coach is announced soon. Can't see any players leaving not after he apparently assured them he was staying then pisses off on them.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Normanly I wouldn't care but I really Sio this as a positive outcome. Parra can now Hoppa up the ladder in a swift Mannah. As for Stuart, not very Maitua at all!

Surely the tiny shred of credibility Ricky still had is gone now?

Douche bag of the highest order.

As an Eels fan, I agree.

Good riddance - and Canberra won't go anywhere with him. I am starting to believe the myth that is Stuartt

Sacking those 12 players was the only good thing he did at the club. Now he takes the easy way out

Bring on Taylor or Henry

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There are some advantages that Stuart might bring to Canberra. There are some absolute plonkers ingrained in the senior playing group who really need to be dropped from the side.

I still think we should have offered Maguire like a couple million a season and seen how committed he was to souths with those kinds of numbers being thrown around but Stuart to come in and cut the chumps is a small positive from mostly negative news.

Still ill gladly give him a chance. Next year isn't so much about results as moving the team forward. Making sure players like Cornish and ahearn are brought through and players like mccrone are pushed out. Even poor old campo has to have his place questioned