What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Em Cowboy

MugaB

Coach
Good we hate the merkins
Probably works two fold, we get the storm now while hughes is injured maybe we don't have to play them later on as they build momentum during the finals... and we avoid the warriors, as we don't want to shit on webbys great year, plus we dont look like the bad guys for knocking the NZ folk off in the finals... say lets win the minor premiership and take knock off the storm now

Kilkenny

Coach
Do you think giving a week off like AFL does before finals start is a good idea? I feel like fans are being rovved of some great games this weekend cause sides are treating them as exhibition matches.
It would be different if top four positions were up for grabs I guess but the top four is set in stone, just the finishing positions that are yet to be determined.

Its never gonna happen , but like the EPL all last round games are played at the same time.

The concerning thing with our current situation is teams can perhaps alter there thinking or teams depending on the outcome games beforehand and that is not ideal.

hindy111

Post Whore
It would be different if top four positions were up for grabs I guess but the top four is set in stone, just the finishing positions that are yet to be determined.

Its never gonna happen , but like the EPL all last round games are played at the same time.

The concerning thing with our current situation is teams can perhaps alter there thinking or teams depending on the outcome games beforehand and that is not ideal.

Why not just give the first place side the choice of who they want to play between 3rd and 4th placed sides and the same benefit to the side who finished 5th as far as playing 7th or 8th. This would make those positions more desired

Kilkenny

Coach
Why not just give the first place side the choice of who they want to play between 3rd and 4th placed sides and the same benefit to the side who finished 5th as far as playing 7th or 8th. This would make those positions more desired
Extreme Hindy. It is fine the way it is, imperfect for sure, but there is no perfect system.

I have no idea how this round is gonna play out, but it will certainly be a lot clearer after the Thursday and Friday night games.

soc123_au

Staff member
FWIW, I say we go for the MP, at least grab a Trophy for the season effort.
No way the team has that attitude, they want the big prize, anything less and they will be filthy.

I personally think the MP should be more celebrated, but as it stands it's a few extra sprinkles on the premiership cake. No premiership and the sprinkles don't mean shit.

Fangs

Coach
Still haven't changed my mind we play our best spine possible. Don't mind resting some a prop or another forward.

Kenny hasn't played in 4 weeks. Cogger only 60 odd minutes in the 6. Give the spine a bit more time together. Its a bit more important as Luai is very unlikely to play week 1.

Iamback

Coach
Still haven't changed my mind we play our best spine possible. Don't mind resting some a prop or another forward.

Kenny hasn't played in 4 weeks. Cogger only 60 odd minutes in the 6. Give the spine a bit more time together. Its a bit more important as Luai is very unlikely to play week 1.

Even they we need Yeo to play with that, We have rested guys over the past 4 weeks. Cleary had 6 weeks off.

Guys like Fish would of had training sessions off instead of rest. Get into form would be my option

The Realist

Juniors

That is something I have recently thought would be interesting. Would also create extra talking points and interest in the media. I like it. Make the MP really mean something over 2nd place.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Would love Penrith to get another minor premiership. But NOT at the expense of the big one.

Will be a tough game. I will be out again, have backed down and decided to take me phone.Which is a laugh, after my big talk earlier in the week.

We need a combinations to be much better this week.

Cows will throw kitchen sink at Penrith they will try and emulate Parramatta to get themselves a final place.

So strap yourselves in, it's not going to be easy. It will be hard work.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Scotty too hotty left out of updated squad. No Soni Luke replaced by The Peach on the bench (he provides great cover)

Tago into the centres.

Next week for Kenny, Scotty too hotty. I imagine if the Peach does well as fill in half, he and Sommerton will stay.

Bizza must be good to go also.

Latest posts