What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

What nonsense. Lawrie is copping flak at the moment because he's just awful. Because we now have a few decent forwards compared to recent years, Lawrie is being exposed as the average player he has always been, the runt of the litter if you will.
"He usually does play well and he has more great games than poor games" - that's comedy gold.....
The criticism has nothing to do with body shaming. What a ridiculous comment.
I didn't claim it was "body shaming". I claim that people see fat people and think they are not good at sport. This pre-conception makes it hard for people to watch objectively.

Considering Eisenhuth played right centre for 55+
Bloody hell did he. Centre , edgie or middle his average metres for 5 or his 6 games have been poor. Only exceeded 100m once and JDB handed him that with a timely off load that put him into space.

justadragon

Bench
They haven’t extended his contract as they’re waiting for other clubs to make offers so they can pay him more. Is that how we roll?

On a side note i’d be asking Lomax what he needs to stay. Seriously what is it going to take to keep this talent?
We need to stop worrying about Lomax, the deal with Parra is done I think, just enjoy him for this year and let it go. 2 quotes from Flanno " you cant keep a player who doesnt want to be here " and " it was Zac's decision to leave not the club's" . If Lomax cant realise he is in career best form playing wing then there is no answer. I'm pretty sure the club would have still paid him his big coin for 2 more seasons. And besides we have heard from everyone that he doesn't want to stay except him.

Parko1310

Juniors
I didn't claim it was "body shaming". I claim that people see fat people and think they are not good at sport. This pre-conception makes it hard for people to watch objectively.
Blake Lawrie will never be part of a premiership winning team. If we want to win one, he is not part of the future. I have no idea what people see in him besides some effort. All is forgiven because he put kick pressure on a couple of times. No one has ever questioned his effort areas, but he lacks pure ability. He doesn't have any. His effort doesn't change the fact that he can't bend the line, has slow play-the-balls, is often either not in the line defensively or is behind the rest of the line. I can't believe he's being complemented for taking that carry where he dropped the ball. Granted it was dumb for us to give him the ball coming off our own line, but this is one of my gripes with him. He demands so many runs, even in poor positions, but his runs are all so ineffective. Best case scenario coming off our line there when Blake demanded another run is he makes 0 post-contact metres and we play the ball through him slowly 8m from our goal line going into the 4th tackle. Worst case, well, Blake showed us what worst case was. It's not a run he should be demanding, but he does it constantly, and people will compliment him for 'effort'. It's just a dumb play for him to have a run in that situation, I don't care if he thinks he's putting his hand up. That doesn't win games, it's dumb.

Dragon for life

Juniors
We need to stop worrying about Lomax, the deal with Parra is done I think, just enjoy him for this year and let it go. 2 quotes from Flanno " you cant keep a player who doesnt want to be here " and " it was Zac's decision to leave not the club's" . If Lomax cant realise he is in career best form playing wing then there is no answer. I'm pretty sure the club would have still paid him his big coin for 2 more seasons. And besides we have heard from everyone that he doesn't want to stay except him.
So just let him go? Personally i’d be fighting to keep him. Lomax over bird any day of the week.

how many have we just let go to go on to bigger and better. Cant remember names but the 2 wingers at Manly, Sailor (much better option than Sloan imo), i’m sure there’s plenty of others that are killing it as well

justadragon

Bench
So just let him go? Personally i’d be fighting to keep him. Lomax over bird any day of the week.

how many have we just let go to go on to bigger and better. Cant remember names but the 2 wingers at Manly, Sailor (much better option than Sloan imo), i’m sure there’s plenty of others that are killing it as well
I totally agree with you, but there is a difference between a club wanting to get rid of a player, and a player not wanting to be at the club. Just think of the Tallis issue, do we want to go through that again.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Blake lawrie and david klemmer are weirdly similar. They both flop alot in tackles, they have an ability to put on a big shot but then have issues with repeat tackling efforts. They can provide go forward & pcm but the opposition sort of allows it because they are able to win the ruck & have a set defensive line.

Imo both props have good looking stats but the quality of stats is lacking.

Anyway I don't think blake lawrie is a top 17 player in a top 8 team, I think his ceiling is NSW cup & occasional fill in for 1st grade BUT we're not a top 8 side so he'll get games with us.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Poor Blake. Consigned to a fate that only 99% of all players in rugby league history have suffered :laughing:

Anyway we get it. I just don't think he's as bad as all that. Always more enjoyable debating who the worst players are after a win rather than a loss

I thought his runs were impressive because he found his front quicker than usual, leading to a faster play the ball. If he does that regularly, it'll be his best opportunity for a spot in our team. He's still far too slow retreating on defence (a few guys in our team) for my liking.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Sele had a poor game imo, defensive issues & didn't take enough carries. He took less than lawrie but had more avg run meters/carry, which makes sense.

Imo he's still managing his calf & flanno wants him to concentrate on the defence with line speed & winning the ruck. I hope he can back up next game because we're a better side with him.

Marschke 0 mins. We should've got him involved in the game, Liddle should be playing 60ish mins imo.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Well well well...we actually gave some good ball to our left side & our attack looked great!

Better balance between quality ball between both sides & Su'a once again dominated on the left side. Don't move him flanno!

Our defence also looked much better with Su'a on the left & RFM on the right. Better line speed & better tackling technique. We lose this with Luciano who either bumps off, arm grabs or loses the ruck battle.

Kyle also had a more influential hand in our attack which made us less predictable & resulted in a varied attack with greater involvement from other players, rather than just Hunt/Bird/Lomax.

We still need to see Kyle kicking more as Hunt has been poor, Kyle had a few good short kicks, maybe this is an area where Kyle can have greater involvement?

Defensively strong all over the park due to better defensive players in key defensive positions.

If Luciano returns then I hope it's either at lock or shared minutes with RFM on the edge.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
You do know what a rollercoaster season means hey?
A roller coaster naturally goes up and down, I think you'll find we'll be on a nice low trajectory for a while. Each to their own though if you think grinding out a win against the reigning wooden spooners is a high point.

TruSaint

Referee

He doesn't want to be here mate. The coach made that clear.

As to whom we have lost and our retention etc, it's not that clear cut. Just take a stroll through this forum and see the comments re Amone, Sullivan, the Fergai brothers etc. They were all the next best thing, until they weren't.

Zac has done the deal with Parra. He hasn't disputed the rumor and the coach has admitted it's time to move on.

Being a professional he will do his job for this year. I am with our coach on this one. You can't keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Blake Lawrie will never be part of a premiership winning team. If we want to win one, he is not part of the future. I have no idea what people see in him besides some effort. All is forgiven because he put kick pressure on a couple of times. No one has ever questioned his effort areas, but he lacks pure ability. He doesn't have any. His effort doesn't change the fact that he can't bend the line, has slow play-the-balls, is often either not in the line defensively or is behind the rest of the line. I can't believe he's being complemented for taking that carry where he dropped the ball. Granted it was dumb for us to give him the ball coming off our own line, but this is one of my gripes with him. He demands so many runs, even in poor positions, but his runs are all so ineffective. Best case scenario coming off our line there when Blake demanded another run is he makes 0 post-contact metres and we play the ball through him slowly 8m from our goal line going into the 4th tackle. Worst case, well, Blake showed us what worst case was. It's not a run he should be demanding, but he does it constantly, and people will compliment him for 'effort'. It's just a dumb play for him to have a run in that situation, I don't care if he thinks he's putting his hand up. That doesn't win games, it's dumb.
Lawrie made more PCM than de Bellin (33-27). He also ran for 132 RM from 13 runs to dB's 136 from 18 runs.

Latest posts