What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie is here.

Alex28

Coach
les norton said:
I read it Alex. I read it sunday morning...I know what I read.
That Herald article was definately in last Monday's Herald with the review date of Saturday.

So what you are saying is that both concerts could have been bad :p

Foz

Bench
Everyones entitled to their opinion and some people may not have liked Robbie Williams concert.
Fair enough.
I went with 2 people (a mate and wife) who absolutely loved the show.
I went with another person who didnt like Robbie Williams at all and then there was myself who isnt Robbies greatest fan but enjoys some of his music(I can generally enjoy most acts but can also find faults in them as well)so I regard myself as an innocent bystander.
My wife and mate loved him.Didnt expect anything else.
The person who didnt like him is now a converted Robbie Williams fan.
Big surprise.
I still think he was good and worth the money for sure.
Sometimes youve got to see the concert to make a judgement.
I made a mistake when I was younger of pre-judging a concert by a group called Queen.My girlfriend loved them and I unwillingly got dragged along.
Believe me they were outstanding.
Some idiot in the paper bagged the concert.(Works tour it was called).
I wondered if they were at the same venue.
I've seen just about every major act thats come to Australia (the Elton John's,Paul McCartney,Billy Joel,INXS,Lionel Ritchie,Queen,America,Hot Chocolate etc etcx about 50 and whilst Robbie wasnt the best act I've ever seen a lot of people were pretty happy on that night and in the end thats all a guy can do.

Foz

Bench
Ok so Hot Chocolate and America werent big but I liked them.Throw in Simon and Garfunkel and Genesis and a heap of others that you'd probably know.Always thought the Mentals(Mental as Anything) were good value too.

spider

Coach
Foz said:
I made a mistake when I was younger of pre-judging a concert by a group called Queen.My girlfriend loved them and I unwillingly got dragged along.
Believe me they were outstanding.

Great band - a lot of people bag them because of Freddy - but i reckon they were great.

I wished i saw them live.

HevyDevy

Coach
How can anyone bag them BECAUSE of Freddy? Queen WERE Freddy.

They're touring again soon but I have no interest whatsoever in seeing them minus Freddy.

It's like seeing Alice in Chains without Layne Staley - pointless.

As for Robbie, I've got no doubt he puts on a great show. He is, from all reports, a very good entertainer. But at the end of the day he's still just some bloke singing and I'm not interested in crap like that.

Latest posts