What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ronaldo - 80million

Matt23

Staff member
Madrid will apparently be signing, Silva, Villa, and god knows who else, this is going to be a long summer in Europe...

Matt23

Staff member
lol. unfortunately catalan maggots will continue to be sopressed, probably for eternity. they just arent spain now r they. so HALA MADRID, the capital of the greatest nation on Earth, Spain.
Oh goody an FC Franco fan, wonder how many of those will come crawling out of the woodwork after there little spending spree :roll:

aqua_duck

Coach
Damn I should be president of Real Madrid, I remember when I was 12 or 13 I use to buy all the attacking players and and just use them all over the field when I played Fifa....

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Madrid are a disgusting club. People want to focus on the spending in England, yet this club has spent £136 million on two player, plus another £30+ to come on David Villa.

Won't hear Platini or Blatter complaining about this though. Only English clubs are ruining football.

Good luck to Ronaldo, he's won everything he can in England, I don't begrudge him wanting a new challenge.

Matt23

Staff member
Madrid are a disgusting club. People want to focus on the spending in England, yet this club has spent £136 million on two player, plus another £30+ to come on David Villa.

Won't hear Platini or Blatter complaining about this though. Only English clubs are ruining football.

Good luck to Ronaldo, he's won everything he can in England, I don't begrudge him wanting a new challenge.
Platini's apparently "outraged", weather the outrage is genuine or not is another thing...

Mong

Post Whore
I am a little disappinted to see Ronaldo leave the EPL.. Even though he is a whinger of the highest order he is a fantastic player to watch and a reason that i would often make sure i watched Manure play when i could.

The question that does have to be asked is if Ronaldo really was for sale, was Harry in for him?

weasel

First Grade
Madrid will apparently be signing, Silva, Villa, and god knows who else, this is going to be a long summer in Europe...

I don't think they'll get Silva. Apparently yesterday our new president declared Silva untransferable, so I s'pose we've decided to cash in on the older Villa, since Madrid is in the mood for spending ludicrous amounts of money so we can really ease our financial strain just on his departure. Then we'll hope Silva blossoms into the player that has had so many clubs chasing him. We'll need a replacement forward though, we only have Morientes as a back-up really, oh and I think we still own Zigic, but both those players are balls. Hope we get Negredo, maybe as part of the Villa transfer.

I'm still gonna be very sad to see Villa go, I've been a fan of his since way back when he was still at Zaragoza, so while I accepted his departure was likely I would have preferred him to go to a club I didn't consider scum, so basically anyone but Real Madrid, or Man Utd.

I don't know whether this is going to utterly dash the hopes of any of the lesser weights of La Liga of competing for the title in the short term. I recall how we were buying the likes of Baraja, Albelda and Vicente, the cream of Spanish talent, while Madrid last had its eyes turned to the stars, and we went on to win two titles with such players. The only difference then was that Barca was in disarray but it shows sensible spending can still get you places while insane amounts of money are being thrown around.

Ridders

Coach
No matter how much Real spend on attacking players, if the keys to their defensive backbone are Pepe and Metzelder, Barca will still own La Liga. The Villa rumours makes you wonder WTF they signed Huntelaar in the first place.

weasel

First Grade
Huntelaar was a quick fix buy. The cyber fans seem to want the guy gone. But how are they gonna fit Villa, Ronaldo and Kaka all into the starting side (and maybe Ribery as well)? They can't drop Higuain, he's one of their leaders now, and it would be silly of them to alienate Robben too considering how much he carried them in a lot of games I saw. And Raul will want to start as well. Maybe they can start all six.

----------------------------Casillas------------------------------
-----------Ramos-----------Pepe-----------Heinze---------------
----------------------------Lass--------------------------------
---------------------------*nobody*----------------------------
-----------Robben-----------Kaka-----------Ribery--------------
-----------Ronaldo----------Villa----------- Higuain--------------

weasel

First Grade
Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Hunterlaar, Drenthe, Robben. How much money did they spend on this dutch contingent, and will any of them ever play for Real Madrid again? Like I said in the Liga thread, Atletico should try and pick some of those players up on the cheap (maybe not Drenthe). I know they're being linked elsewhere but I know Van Der Vaart in particular always wanted to play in Spain, so why not go to Atletico and not even have to move town, he would be the main man in midfield there and really have a chance to grow.

Ridders

Coach
Not to mention Ruud, i still think still has another top quality season left in him.

LOL at that formation. As funny as it is, its even funnier because that seems the only real way they can get everyone their playing time. Poor Diarra and Pepe :lol:

Ridders

Coach
Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Hunterlaar, Drenthe, Robben. How much money did they spend on this dutch contingent, and will any of them ever play for Real Madrid again? Like I said in the Liga thread, Atletico should try and pick some of those players up on the cheap (maybe not Drenthe). I know they're being linked elsewhere but I know Van Der Vaart in particular always wanted to play in Spain, so why not go to Atletico and not even have to move town, he would be the main man in midfield there and really have a chance to grow.

Hell yeah, i agree Van Der Vaart especially would be a bargain buy. Massive upgrade from Raul Garcia. Hunterlaar would add much needed support to Forlan and Aguero.

Satsok

Juniors
from the man utd transfer speculation page..

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={C2572DA3-8A1C-457F-9926-899EA5639CB4}&newsid=6633846

Transfer Rumours: Arrivals

Thursday's news that United have accepted a world-record £80m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo has really got the transfer rumour mill going.

Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery is one name mentioned, although the Bundesliga club claim they want £87m for the Frenchman. Another winger, Wigan's Antonio Valencia, is tipped to fill Ronny's boots.

Ronaldo's international team-mate Joao Moutinho, Lyon striker Karim Benzema, Dutch forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who's rumoured to be restless at Real Madrid, are potential targets according to the press.

More obscure suggestions include Wigan's Maynor Figueroa to Sheffield United right-back Kyle Naughton and Le Mans goalkeeper Yohann Pele.

Manchester United has a policy of not commenting on transfer speculation.

Franck Ribery - too pricey for mine, and i dont really rate him that much.. everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i'd rather manu buy a young player like they did with ronaldo and turn him into something massive. Alexis Sanchez anyone?

Joao Moutinho - apparently sporting want nani + cash for moutinho, seems like an excellent deal to me. i rate moutinho highly.

Karim Benzema - havent seen too much of him, but from what ive seen, hes dropped off over the last year.. maybe a change of scenery will do him good?

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - meh

Maynor Figueroa - he went alright last season for wigan, dont know if hes top 4 material though

Kyle Naughton - never heard of him

Yohann Pele - apparently is a top GK, 26 or so and they think he will be a better long term option when van der sar retires.

Latest posts