What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie Team of the Year

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gorgeous George has the ROTY sewn up, but im really pleased to see Paul Vaughan is getting noticed outside the raiders fans base, he's been an absolute star for us for a rookie front rower.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I reckon that he's been our rookie of the year. Obviously much less flashy than milford but he's been really strong.

Billythekid

First Grade
It's burgess first and daylight second. If anything Burgess should be in the running for prop of the year as well. He has been one of the most influential players in the comp this year.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's burgess first and daylight second. If anything Burgess should be in the running for prop of the year as well. He has been one of the most influential players in the comp this year.

Two horse race between him and JWH for mine. Maybe Sam too if he is considered for prop

Edit: oh and how could I forget Fifita

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Did he start in any of those games?

If you start, even if only 1 game, that is your rookie year as far as I am concerned

Yeah i agree with that, but i can understand where the rule comes in.

He came off the bench all three times, for about 15/20 minutes, he was nothing like he was now, Round 1 surprised a lot of people.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Although we have had a crap year we have some young guys coming through that have me thinking things will be OK in the future. Good to see Peni to be recognised and if he didn't get injured I'd say Kelepi Tanginoa would've been there

Teripo(sp?) is a genuine gun. Soften's the Papalii blow for sure i recon. He's as good as Papalii was when he broke on to the scene.

BOMAR

Juniors
What a load of crap. How does someone that has only played fullback, get chosen as the 5/8th. And can someone tell me was Tyrone peachy eligble for this team. I really don't think he is much and that's why he wasn't picked, or did he not qualify.

Yeah i agree with that, but i can understand where the rule comes in.

He came off the bench all three times, for about 15/20 minutes, he was nothing like he was now, Round 1 surprised a lot of people.

It sure did considering he was not performing at this level in the 20's and then out of nowhere boom he bursts in to one of the best props in the game in his full debut season while the others like such as Klemmer (player of the year), Napa, Evans, Sao etc... barely played first grade. What enraged him so much to throw a street sign through a car again?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well the award is meaningless then, especially if it is judged on how a player's team performs - that is just ridiculous.
But JWH, Fifita and G. Burgess have outplayed Matt Scott this year on a week-to-week basis.

Given that, why should Scott receive the award?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
But JWH, Fifita and G. Burgess have outplayed Matt Scott this year on a week-to-week basis.

Given that, why should Scott receive the award?

No they haven't.

I can see what is happening here, people are blurring Scott's performances with those of his team.

typicalfan

Coach
And Graham is better than Scott. Who cares this is a rookie thread. Only G Burgess and Tohu Harris shouldbe with a shot.

Billythekid

First Grade
Burgess did get 106 metres off 10 hitups with 29 tackles a line break and a try. Matt Scott was better but it's Burgess had a decent game as well.

I don't think George deserves prop of the year anyway but he is clearly by far the best rookie.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Considering George and JWH have had suspensions, i'd probably have Fifita as prop of the year.

What you said about George was right TT, i dunno if it were the Souths supporters or Roosters supporters who were more shocked when he scored that try.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist has it wrong re George Burgess

George Burgess hardly played U20s because Souths thought he was too good for that level so he mostly played NSW Cup for the Bears in 2011 and 2012. He only played a handful of U20s games across the 2 years

George played a game for the Bears vs Auckland Vulcans last year that was shown on Foxtel. During the coverage Peter Mulholland was saying how impressed he was with George and how he looked a future English international. In this game he scored one of his tries where he just ran through 3 players which was a sign of things to come

George looked a better prospect than both Evans and Napa before this season started

Latest posts