What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Backline 2010 from Rumoured Signings Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters - Phil Graham will be announced in the next few days and we have also signed Linnett for sure.

What I expect to see:

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. M Aubusson
4. Graham
5. Kenny-Dowall

13. Anasta

What I would LIKE to see:

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. Linnett/Williamson (Williamson still eligible for U20s next year)
4. Graham
5. Earl/Moeakiola (Moeakiola still eligible for U20s next year)

13. M Aubusson

D

Deleted member 10972

Where does Anasta go then?

No idea, but as far as I am concerned, Anasta and Carney are both five-eighths.

One of them won't last 2010, rest assured.

Mitch Aubusson has all the makings of a long term lock-forward in the Darren Smith/Steve Menzies mould, he is only playing centres now because we have no-one better. He is doing okay, but lacks the pace of a genuine centre.

lifesgood

Juniors
What I expect to see:

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. M Aubusson
4. Graham
5. Kenny-Dowall

13. Anasta

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
4. Graham

13. M Aubusson

By Moeakiola, Do you mean Fine Moeakiola who has played about four games this year, because he came back from shoulder surgey and then did his ankle? and then re done his shoulder in the last week of training?

I Highly doubt that he will ever play first grade simply cause he struggles to compelte a season.

Sam Perret will be centres before Phil Graham. And Linnet, Is that Kane Linnet? If it is, an awesome signing? but why are the Roosters so keen onb uying players when they have players like Ryan Williamson and Sandor Earl, and Ben Jones who is a better centre then what he is five eight.

Todd Carney is comign to the club but no way they are going to forget Anasta. Aubuson is terrible.

Roosters are struggling maybe cause their focused on buying themselves a premiership!

Johns Magic

Referee
What I expect to see:

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. M Aubusson
4. Graham
5. Kenny-Dowall

13. Anasta

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
4. Graham

13. M Aubusson

I've played against Moeakiola and he's nothing special.

Sandor Earl on the other hand, is the worst player to ever play NRL.

ando4285

Juniors
whats the word on linnet? is he any good like what sorta player is he??
also i reckon aubusson will play 2nd row coz sa will b gone

D

Deleted member 10972

By Moeakiola, Do you mean Fine Moeakiola who has played about four games this year, because he came back from shoulder surgey and then did his ankle? and then re done his shoulder in the last week of training?

I Highly doubt that he will ever play first grade simply cause he struggles to compelte a season.

Sam Perret will be centres before Phil Graham. And Linnet, Is that Kane Linnet? If it is, an awesome signing? but why are the Roosters so keen on buying players when they have players like Ryan Williamson and Sandor Earl, and Ben Jones who is a better centre then what he is five eight.

Todd Carney is comign to the club but no way they are going to forget Anasta. Aubuson is terrible.

Roosters are struggling maybe cause their focused on buying themselves a premiership!

What are you talking about?

Moeakiola is injury prone, yes, but he is talented. Size and pace, it is hard to find substitutes for both of those.

Graham has played most of his career in the centres, Perrett is the NZ International winger. Perrett's best attribute is kick returns. Hence, Perrett on the wing, Graham at centre.

Signing Phil Graham isn't buying a premiership, it is adding much needed experience and pace to a largely Roosters-built backline (Perrett, SKD, Mini, Aubusson, Earl, Williamson etc).

Aubusson is only a stop-gap centre until someone like Williamson or Linnett is ready, the same way someone like Chris Flannery, Luke O'Dwyer, Nathan Smith or David Stagg would slot into there to add some defensive stability if the backline has been prone to leaking points. Unfortunately, it is the other side of the field that has all the problems - Jones/SKD flank.

Earl and SKD will compete for the same spot. Earl is average, but has talent and a great physique for a footy player. Needs good ball and a bit more pace however.

You say why buy Linnett when we have Williamson, but Williamson didn't play much more games than Moeakiola anyway. Injuries/suspensions galore. Linnett is ready for first-grade but we might start him with Jets just in case, Earl is almost ready but needs to spend some time in Newtown keeping his form up to make SKD wake up a bit. And Williamson and Moeakiola need a full season of NYC before we know whether they can make the step up to first grade.

Hence:

FG - 1. Anthony Minichiello, 2. Sam Perrett, 3. Mitch Aubusson, 4. Phil Graham, 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall

Jets - 6. Luke Towers/Smith Samau (only one will stay), 2. Iwi Hauraki, 3. Kane Linnett, 4. Ben Jones, 5. Sandor Earl

NYC - 1. Cheyse Blair, 2. Tufuga Sa/Grant Nelson, 3. Ryan Williamson, 4. JP Du Plessis, 5. Fine Moeakiola

I am not sure about whether Tu'u Maori, Sisa Waqa and Sonny Tuigamala are staying, but none of them really shone as top prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halycon

Juniors
1. Minichello
2. Graham (if the rumours are indeed true)
3. Symonds
4. Linnett (if the rumours are indeed true)
5. Perrett

We'll have a competitive backline provided SKD is shafted. I don't understand how such a poor winger, both positionally and in terms of speed, handling and defence, continues to retain his spot in a first grade side.

Geohood

Bench
1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. Symonds
4. Williamson
5. Graham

Would be a good start to the year.

Halycon

Juniors
Very much up and down. Occasionally makes huge plays out of nowhere, surprising since he isn't fast at all, but not before he makes three or four errors.

Hes made 34 errors from 24 appearances. Granted, Marshall, Thurston, Slater are all above him, but those are the prime playmakers for their respective teams, not a winger who touches the ball maybe nine or ten times a game. He misses an average of 2 tackles from the 4.5 he makes a game, indicating he has shocking defence and a poor tackling technique.

Tom Ace

Bench
Very much up and down. Occasionally makes huge plays out of nowhere, surprising since he isn't fast at all, but not before he makes three or four errors.

Hes made 34 errors from 24 appearances. Granted, Marshall, Thurston, Slater are all above him, but those are the prime playmakers for their respective teams, not a winger who touches the ball maybe nine or ten times a game. He misses an average of 2 tackles from the 4.5 he makes a game, indicating he has shocking defence and a poor tackling technique.

In summing up, he's absolutely useless. :x

I'm going to punch the nearest person to me if he is named in our starting line up next year....Hopefully SKD is sitting next to me.

Should be:

1. Mini
2. Graham
3. Williamson
4. Linnett
5. Perrett

Halycon

Juniors
Has SKD ever been tried at centre? That would appear to suit him more than a winger, IMO.

I remember Fittler being keen to try it out but I'm not sure that it eventuated.

I do faintly remember SKD playing a few games at centre last year however.

Latest posts