What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROOSTERS V RAIDERS 17- 27 APRIL

melon....

Coach
Why are we even in the Forum 7s? This would have to be the 3rd time that I know of at least that we havent fielded a full side.

We are wasting our time people.....I'm not wasting any more.

melon....

Coach
...Morticia... said:
makes it worse when we keep losing cause of lack of players t' former team mates :?
We are not going to win one or two men down. We need players that are commited to at least finding an hour a fortnight to write something, anything! A 6 is better than 0.

...Morticia...

Juniors
we just need players. i have no idea what precipitated the exodus of players last year due t' most of the last half of last year being a blur and not being around but i wish they'd consider coming back. unfortunately i dont have time with working full time and completeing my post grad t' write every fortnight and i envy those of you that only take an hour t' write an artcle because mine take a hell of alot longer. maybe i need t' change my style...hell now i'm questioning my commitment :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
I'm always here when needed - PM is the best way to get me because, let's be honest, how much time do I spend in this forum?!?!

Dissapointing to be one short...

BTW, my article deserves an extra point for being the result of massive writers block!! And another thing: I give that Muppet Des a rap & then he goes & faxes Manly's team talk to a wrong number.

Well played Melon, Penelope & Doug...

SS because I've not been around for the best part of 8 months so I only just realised you've joined. Whataya thinking joining Easts :D Glad your here.

As you know I've never been one to mince words, but have learned the value of sportsmanship as a result of this comp.

Last year I declared us non starters until a few old players made a comeback. As a result of our reputation on the rest of the forum people are hesitant to join us. There are many who have said they would love to play for us but don't have the time. Rather than arguing with complete f**k-tards perhaps some crew could use their creative juices to join us and write an article instead.

We all worked hard last year for the same result.

Like you morticia this does not come easy for me. Not only do I find it hard to write, I'm extremely critical of my work.

I mean what's the verdict - is it the cat-o-ninetails or the guillotine for fat-mike?

Ozzie over to you my man...

ozzie

Bench
I sent a pm to fat_mike yesterday advising him that I was having troubles accessing the forum 7's thread and if he had any troubles send his article to Willow...will check with Willow if he received it..

ozzie said:
I sent a pm to fat_mike yesterday advising him that I was having troubles accessing the forum 7's thread and if he had any troubles send his article to Willow...will check with Willow if he received it..

Were you getting a debug error? As I got it several times as well.

ozzie

Bench
JUst wouldn't let me access it - I asked Roosterboy60 about it but I have pm'd Willow and hopefully he may have it - but he closed the game...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Penelope Pittstop said:
SS because I've not been around for the best part of 8 months so I only just realised you've joined. Whataya thinking joining Easts :D Glad your here.

I wanted to play F7's and Easts were a team that needed numbers - or maybe it was a case of keep your friends close & your enemies closer!! :lol:

SS you've experienced disappointment in your time being a Dragons fan and all, so your probably feeling at home here right now? ;-) Sit back and take a seat I suspect things could get interesting !!

the guys that posted this round we great, but just like a couple of weeks ago, we come up one short.

If only...........................................our team would be as great as it has been in the past.......................................i might not have been a part of it back then but I did read the articles and this team is capable of great things also.

Glad to see your posts again Penelope, after all it was you who coerced me into joining in the first place, and for that, I thank you ma'am.

chin up team, we are Easts, therefore we are Champs no matter what the results.

Hey I'm pretty good at coercing apparently. I beleive I own malipulation as well.

Rp2, I'm thrilled you stayed with us, we just need the team to stick together and if we are nominated to play be prepared to dictate from a hospital bed if needs be.

ozzie

Bench
I haven't heard from Fat_Mike and a post wasn't forwarded to Wilow - I hope he is ok...dash it all

well we have come back from worse than this and done well...but three games we have thrown away. I don't know what more I can do - I send reminders to players o the morning of the matches - if they haven't already posted - I individually send emails to players picked and those not - so I am at a loss,

Maybe time someone takes over from me...

Ozzie last year the same thing happened twice and both those times were when I nominated myself to run on. We have to have a 'reserve' player who will come in and post if we are ever in that situation again.

Stay as Captain, but perhaps have a chat to Southersaint as he seems to have nothing better to do than hover around. Put him to some use !!

ozzie

Bench
Penelope Pittstop said:
Ozzie last year the same thing happened twice and both those times were when I nominated myself to run on. We have to have a 'reserve' player who will come in and post if we are ever in that situation again.

Stay as Captain, but perhaps have a chat to Southersaint as he seems to have nothing better to do than hover around. Put him to some use !!

I don't follow - I had SouthernSaint in the team and had bubbles on standbye - Fat_mke hadn't let us down in the past and I am still wondering why he didin't post - I am still worried...BUbbles would have posted but I had faith in Fat_Mike. I had to work last week on overtime because again it is time for budgeting at work. Now I got recalled early because a boss went down sick and looks like she will be off long time - so pressure on me at work,,I knew it was happenning and that is why I nominated as reserve.

Now we really have to sort this out.

Each week I put out the team with reserves...do we get six to post in future. Players would have posted if we had known one wasn't going to this week??

Please don't think I am having a shot at you or other team members but we need to get this right....

Melon - don't pull the pin we have the makings of a good team - maybe a better skipper will do the job - therefore i stand down

What I mean is that a player who permanently plays from the reserve position has the job of being on line at close of play to post an article if someone has dropped out. The other thing is to have our own deadline. Make it 24 hours before. That way if the reserve doesn't have an article they have a day to write one.

I can permanently play the reserve position if you think it's a good idea.

Who can pretty much play each game?

ozzie

Bench
well you seem to have an answer so I now nominate you as captain...put it into gear my dear...I wil be available to post next week along with waxer, st Chook, bubbles, dougthelengend, rooserpremiership2002 and anyone one else you would like to nominate..oh Morticia as the swinger..she is avaiable for the next game.

ffs :lol:

Note to Bubbles - keep your eye on the ball !! This is why I should never interact with others.

Ozzie, your the bloody captain ALLRIGHT !!

I know that SS will help you. Just send him a pm. Between you can build the team each week. Put me in as reserve each game and I'll make sure that I'm the 5th poster. Hows' that sound?

I will help as much as I can as well.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ozzie, I think you're going great guns as captain. I think the onus on on the players to have a post ready at a moments notice.

Everyone should have an essay ready to post whether they're playing, reserve or in reserve grade for the week. If your post isn't used, you can tinker with it or write a new one for the next match. Also, is there any dis-advantage in posting early?? That'd be the best thing to do so we all know where all our players stand for the match...

Penelope - I am hovering about a bit lately. have the 'flu & there's not much else to do, all the DVD's have been watched!!