What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ross

cityshark

Juniors
Dose it matter ? I mean he's had a bad injury that has needed a lot of time to heal, so he's back now . Let's see how he go's. No use crying about whats in the past. If he is no good we will replace him, wont we?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Players are worth what they get paid.
Wouldn't it be great to have the team that we now have & not have a marquee front rower in our club.
Ross is a marquee front rower & IMO I am glad we have him & not Mason, Petero, Shrek or Asotasi.
All of those guys are on more money than Ross , 1 only plays 30 minutes a match the others have a passing game of an invalid.
Ross is a 65-70 minute front rower who does the hard yards, does the offloads & doesn't miss many of his 30 -40 tackles per game.
Gallen & Bird will be much better players with him getting more game time.

sharks8601

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Wouldn't it be great to have the team that we now have & not have a marquee front rower in our club.
Ross is a marquee front rower & IMO I am glad we have him & not Mason, Petero, Shrek or Asotasi.
All of those guys are on more money than Ross , 1 only plays 30 minutes a match the others have a passing game of an invalid.
Ross is a 65-70 minute front rower who does the hard yards, does the offloads & doesn't miss many of his 30 -40 tackles per game.

i read somewhere in one of the footy magizenes that ross had one of if not the best percentage of effective tackles last year in our team. i fully agree with btr. he is a great player and all we need is some luck with his injuries and the team will see the bennifits of it. he is a great player and had a great few months with us before he did his knee in. he started to hit back towards the end of last year but was playing a bit under weight due the loss of weight when he had the mumps. but with a full injury free off season he is playing 105-110 kgs and will be fired up for a big season
atleast he is keen to play for us. he has passion and is always putting in 110%

Inferno

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:

lol, come on Reefy since when do you pay a prop for their passing game?

Asotasi and Price can also play 80mins and make more metres and tackles and deserve more money.

As for the others, they have established themselves as Origin and Australian regulars.

Fingers crossed Rosco can do the same this season.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Just goes to show what planet Snoop is on.

Folau has just been offered 1 mil per season to go to union.

source

btr said:
Now if u think that an NRL club is going to pay half of that & still be able to keep him, your are very , very naive.

Nobody said i did

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Inferno said:
lol, come on Reefy since when do you pay a prop for their passing game?

Asotasi and Price can also play 80mins and make more metres and tackles and deserve more money.

As for the others, they have established themselves as Origin and Australian regulars.

Fingers crossed Rosco can do the same this season.

Asotasi is over rated , highly over rated & is not worth the 150 extra than ross a year.

Price is the only prop I would seriosuly consider before exiting Ross.

So your down to 1 or 2 props , in the best league in the world who are better, & yet all of them in the the top 10 are on around 400k cabbage.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Stop slapping your gums with crud reefy!

Id like to know where u got israel's 1 million dollars a season garbage from!

How u can justify the overs we are paying for both Ross and Dustin Cooper is not even laughable

Special K

Coach
Cooper would be on peanuts... He was a very late off season pick up wasn't he? Most of his money would be incentives if that were the case.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Snoop Shark said:
Stop slapping your gums with crud reefy!

Id like to know where u got israel's 1 million dollars a season garbage from!

How u can justify the overs we are paying for both Ross and Dustin Cooper is not even laughable

I'm sure you'd like to know.
3 teams also pulled out of the race for his signature on the weekend.

& you would not have a clue what Cooper is being paid.
I bet you wouldnt be bagging them if they were Kiwis. Your kiwi love is intense & it is instant.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Benny ha shad a shocking run and if he gets a decent chance injury free he is the goods and worth every cent.

How the hell can you compare Falou and Ross?

Have I missed something or do they do ENTIRELY different things on a football field.

We certainly know the drugs hitting the shire are up to scratch atm. What are some people thinking when they write this sh!t...

I wouldn't pay Falou 400K to be in our front row that's for fuggin sure..... but Benny's definitely worth that if he can get an extended run at it.

Injuries are not the players fault.

Sh!t we payed bloody Vage 400k to do sweet bugger all for 3 seasons, and he was fit!!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nobody is comparing them.
Snoops out of the loop as usual & wants to keep thinking that Folau will move to mabroubra. It makes him firm.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Chondricthyes said:
Benny ha shad a shocking run and if he gets a decent chance injury free he is the goods and worth every cent.

How the hell can you compare Falou and Ross?

Have I missed something or do they do ENTIRELY different things on a football field.

We certainly know the drugs hitting the shire are up to scratch atm. What are some people thinking when they write this sh!t...

I wouldn't pay Falou 400K to be in our front row that's for fuggin sure..... but Benny's definitely worth that if he can get an extended run at it.

Injuries are not the players fault.

Sh!t we payed bloody Vage 400k to do sweet bugger all for 3 seasons, and he was fit!!!!

Im actually comparing the value for money. Nothing more, nothing less. U must be on the ice for thinking otherwise! If Ross can be half the player Danny Lee was for us, then id give him 600k a year! Reality is he wont and never will be. Ross is a FRINGE origin player. The only props worth 400k a year are Petero and Price.

Anyone who thinks Folau and his "20 odd tries" a season isn't worh Ross' contract plus Dustin's contract are off their heads!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Nobody is comparing them.
Snoops out of the loop as usual & wants to keep thinking that Folau will move to mabroubra. It makes him firm.

Wats this fascination u have about firm rods reefy? There are people u can talk to about your childhood reefy

Snoop Shark

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
I'm sure you'd like to know.
3 teams also pulled out of the race for his signature on the weekend.

& you would not have a clue what Cooper is being paid.
I bet you wouldnt be bagging them if they were Kiwis. Your kiwi love is intense & it is instant.

If he is being paid thens its too much!

I bag kiwis u knob...anyone not up to scratch in my books cop it!

Latest posts