What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Either way you're taking game time away from someone who'll be here next year and can develop their game.

Pick your best 17 OP regardless of contract status. If their form drops or attitude sucks then they can shake hands with the reserve grade coach.

mxlegend99

Referee
Pick your best 17 OP regardless of contract status. If their form drops or attitude sucks then they can shake hands with the reserve grade coach.
Does trial form not count though?

If you're not going to try in a trial and youre going to ignore form. What purpose do they serve?

Luke Bowden

First Grade

If you're not going to try in a trial and youre going to ignore form. What purpose do they serve?

Nope, it doesn’t mean anything. It’s just about getting back on the paddock and trying a few things without getting hurt.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

Trials are the necessary evil aren't they? The only ones that really try are the young players gunning for a position or the ones coming back from an injury.
Though last week as a team effort was unacceptable in my opinion.
Trial form should play a part depending on minutes and opposition. Form from last year should have runs in the bank too, if he is a player that has been here awhile. Quite a few of the players not just him couldn't be bothered last week.
Unless there is something off field we don't know about, then I think he has enough runs in the bank to either start at centre or come off the bench for round 1. He is needed the first few rounds until Blake builds up his fitness.
If his form or attitude wanes after a few weeks you drop him. Based on poor early season performances added with poor trial performances.

OldPanther

Coach

I just hope he's part of that top 17 and doesn't do what every other player does when they sign with a different club. They all switch off and we could lose a game to find out he's not here mentally.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nope, it doesn’t mean anything. It’s just about getting back on the paddock and trying a few things without getting hurt.
Then why not do it against our own reserves,

If you have a spot up for grabs. Trials determine who gets it. Centre was up for grabs. Peachey was the eorst of the 3 fighting for it.

I love Peachey. But his trial form was shit and hes now a Titan. As a benchie hes not offering anything Katoa and CHN couldn't.

How is he a must pick? His highest value to us has been as a starting centre. Katoa and eventually May... we can leave him in the centres in NSW Cup and only use him if we need him.

Might aswell use that spot on a bloke committed to us.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I just hope he's part of that top 17 and doesn't do what every other player does when they sign with a different club. They all switch off and we could lose a game to find out he's not here mentally.

Every other Player?? That’s a pretty broad statement, Cooper Cronk seemed to find another gear last year...

Tronald Crump

Juniors

I hope so also. He has already come out said he wants to finish his time with us with a premiership.
He is not going to get that any time soon at the Titans. If I was him at that was my goal I would give it all this season as its probably his last chance to win one.
Time will tell soon.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Then why not do it against our own reserves

If you have a spot up for grabs. Trials determine who gets it.

I love Peachey. But his trial form was shit and hes now a Titan. Whas a benchie hes not offering anything Katoa and CHN couldn't.

How is he a must pick? His highest value to us has been as a starting centre. Katoa and eventually May... we can leave him in the centres in NSW Cup and only use him if we need him.

Might aswell use that spot on a bloke committed to us.

Peachey is a proven match winner. He’ll have a great season for us.

mxlegend99

Referee
Every other Player?? That’s a pretty broad statement, Cooper Cronk seemed to find another gear last year...
Another gear?

He was the same as always. He had not committed to a club yet either. His focus was the Storm.

Peachey is a Titan already.

OldPanther

Coach

Mister perfectionist playing under a coach who expects perfection and along side his mates of 10+ years. I'm not really surprised.

If Peachey plays his best he should be there. It's a matter of if he wants it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peachey is a proven match winner. He’ll have a great season for us.
I hope youre right

But he was our worst in the trials and its not uncommon for players signing elsewhere 12 months out to lose focus on their current club.

Although a proven match winner? How many matches did he win? Off the top of my head theres the Raiders match. But Moylan orchestrated that. Peachey just backed him up for the try.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Far out, ok, Cronk was just an example, how about Scott Sattler, he signed with The Tigers still gave us his all, or Preston Campbell.

My point is, Most players who sign with another club want to leave their current clubs in good form and hopefully winning a premiership. There is absolutely no reason to think that Peachey isn’t the same.

The blokes are unbelievable.

OldPanther

Coach
Far out, ok, Cronk was just an example, how about Scott Sattler, he signed with The Tigers still gave us his all, or Preston Campbell.

My point is, Most players who sign with another club want to leave their current clubs in good form and hopefully winning a premiership. There is absolutely no reason to think that Peachey isn’t the same.

I was just "playing the ball", responding to the content of your comment.

So some do and some don't. Hope Peachey is in the DO camp and everything is fine. It's going to suck if he's not though.

There is plenty of reason. He knows Whare is preferred and he's got a secure contract for next year.

mxlegend99

Referee

Outside of his efforts in the trials ofcourse.

The player who signs elsewhere is also our worst player. And its not like he had nothing to play for... there was a starting spot on the line.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Outside of his efforts in the trials ofcourse.

The player who signs elsewhere is also our worst player. And its not like he had nothing to play for... there was a starting spot on the line.

Based on two trial games, of which you have no idea what his instructions were, Tyrone Peachey is now our worst player... oh my hat! Well I guess you can now lay off James Tamou.

You really have no idea how this works do you. Hook would have his team picked, barring injures in the trial games, weeks ago.

Peachey will be the 14 or 3 if DWZ is injured. Getting hurt in anyway during a trial game helps no one.

mxlegend99

Referee
Based on two trial games, of which you have no idea what his instructions were, Tyrone Peachey is now our worst player... oh my hat! Well I guess you can now lay off James Tamou.

You really have no idea how this works do you. Hook would have his team picked, barring injures in the trial games, weeks ago.

Peachey will be the 14 or 3 if DWZ is injured. Getting hurt in anyway during a trial game helps no one.
Unless they were to miss lots of tackles and make lots of errors. I doubt he did as instructed .

Can you name anyone who played worse in our trials? Hes not our worst player. Not even close. But he played worse than anyone else in those matches. Which to me says he doesnt give a shit.

James Tamou was never our worst either. He was just the worst value for money.

And ofcourse Peachey will be picked. No matter how badly he plays. He just might end up at Gold Coast early.

Latest posts