What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1: v Wests Tigers ANZ Stadium @ 8:05pm Fri 3rd Mar

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Lol@souths

lol@cowgirls with 1 lousy premiership only.....souths have 80 years more history and 21 premierships under their belt chalk and cheese between these 2 clubs lol@that...and thats why we are called the pride of the league becoz souths have won more premierships (21) in rugby league in australian history, i am now on my computer floor giggling my A$$ off......Shadow....

Vic Mackey

Referee
to me souths biggest issue is that mcguire is still trying to play the same power game plan that worked so well from 2012-2014. ufortunately to play this way you need a pack that can dominate reguarly and without the likes of asotasi, lima, teo etc and the burgess brothers all playing at their full potential souths simply dont have the team to do this.

mcguire can obviously coach but he needs to show he is more then a one trick pony and can alter his game plan to suit the cattle he has. souths were getting bashed by a tigers pack that wouldnt be in the top half packs of the comp. this is a massive worry.

souths looked their best late in the game when they went away from this and created some second phase play through sutton and walker. mcguire needs to encourage this and get the halves to give sutton etc the ball after isolating a defender so he can do this.

without reynolds and inglis and the pack he has mcguire has to experiment otherwise souths will be very lucky to finish above 14th in 2017.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
lol@cowgirls with 1 lousy premiership only.....souths have 80 years more history and 21 premierships under their belt chalk and cheese between these 2 clubs lol@that...and thats why we are called the pride of the league becoz souths have won more premierships (21) in rugby league in australian history, i am now on my computer floor giggling my A$$ off......Shadow....
That was actually more coherent than I was expecting

alien

Referee
We were doing fine until GI got injured, and we were ok when he went off. No team will go well when it's 13 v 12. Hunt going off concussed early and not being able to come back hurt us too. Surely we'll have better luck v Manly.

Clifferd

Coach
We were doing fine until GI got injured, and we were ok when he went off. No team will go well when it's 13 v 12. Hunt going off concussed early and not being able to come back hurt us too. Surely we'll have better luck v Manly.

Moses said in an interview they purposely didn't attack Inglis's side because of the injury, he felt extremely bad on him

So basically what he was trying to say we went very easy on you guys. Welcome to rugby league, where injuries occur and you have to reshuffle your team

alien

Referee
Moses said in an interview they purposely didn't attack Inglis's side because of the injury, he felt extremely bad on him

So basically what he was trying to say we went very easy on you guys. Welcome to rugby league, where injuries occur and you have to reshuffle your team
Lol, well they scored 2 tries targeting GI (not that I blame them), so Moses is a lie teller. He just wants people to believe that their win had nothing to do with GI's injury, but truth seers like me know the truth!

Vic Mackey

Referee

Tigers were never in trouble in that game. GI injured or not. Souths scored early cause we didn't complete our first two sets and gave away a strip penalty. As soon as we held the ball we were always going to come over the top of them.

alien

Referee
Tigers were never in trouble in that game. GI injured or not. Souths scored early cause we didn't complete our first two sets and gave away a strip penalty. As soon as we held the ball we were always going to come over the top of them.
We agree to disagree then!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why can't you just admit we f**king dominated you guys, like usual. We made you guys play like that because we were so much better. But nope you have to bring out the excuses

Only bad thing about that is Souffs gave us a very easy game like usual, so it's hard to know if we're good or not or Souffs are just crap (probably the latter)
No excuses there from me.

I just gave the truth. I actually answered your question.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Correctamundo.

Rhino just got told.

Rabbits20

Immortal
to me souths biggest issue is that mcguire is still trying to play the same power game plan that worked so well from 2012-2014. ufortunately to play this way you need a pack that can dominate reguarly and without the likes of asotasi, lima, teo etc and the burgess brothers all playing at their full potential souths simply dont have the team to do this.

mcguire can obviously coach but he needs to show he is more then a one trick pony and can alter his game plan to suit the cattle he has. souths were getting bashed by a tigers pack that wouldnt be in the top half packs of the comp. this is a massive worry.

souths looked their best late in the game when they went away from this and created some second phase play through sutton and walker. mcguire needs to encourage this and get the halves to give sutton etc the ball after isolating a defender so he can do this.

without reynolds and inglis and the pack he has mcguire has to experiment otherwise souths will be very lucky to finish above 14th in 2017.
We got bashed as Madge wrong selections.

Should've been:

8. Musgrove
9. Cook (Farah at half)
10. Tom
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Sam

14. Rochow
15. Talakai
16. Cherrington
17. G. Burgess

Backline of:

1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. Farah

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol, well they scored 2 tries targeting GI (not that I blame them), so Moses is a lie teller. He just wants people to believe that their win had nothing to do with GI's injury, but truth seers like me know the truth!
Correct.

BS from Moses.

Rabbits20

Immortal
They scored all of their points whilst the injured GI was on the field! It was 13 v 12! The Konkord Kittens will come crashing back to Earth soon enough! You know it makes sense, my bunny brother!
Don't worry bro I know!!!!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Correct.

BS from Moses.

If you listen to Moses and woods talk it seems they mean in defence more then targeting him in attack. Like when they tackled him they just did what they needed too to get him down and didn't go hard or attack the knee.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They scored all of their points whilst the injured GI was on the field! It was 13 v 12! The Konkord Kittens will come crashing back to Earth soon enough! You know it makes sense, my bunny brother!

No tigers fan is taking that win too seriously, I know we can't play like that every week and win.

I'd be slightly more concerned with your (current) team though if I was you

Latest posts