What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Titans discussion + voting

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Gillett, Gillett and more Gillett. The kid is a machine. Good stuff also to Teo and "code hopper". When we dig in 4 80 mins it makes a hell of a difference. Also big wrap on Dodds, he really is showing some quality and def. looks like a future forward star at the club. Well done boys and may it continue at Shark Park in a few weeks time.

renouf

Juniors
2. Setu
2. Folau
1. Parker
1. Teo

Hoffman would have been in the top3 had there not been so many other good performances, he is showing much more then Norman.

icewind

Juniors
3. Teo
2. Thaiday
1. Gillette

Good to see our forwards stepping up cos its been Thaiday the lone ranger for far too long.
Amazing what a bit of go forward does.

Broncos93

Juniors
2. Te'o
2. Hoffman
1. Setu
1. Gillette

Also mentions to Lockyer, Wallace, Folau. It was hard to pick the stand outs when everyone played really well.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Teo
2. Hoffman
1. Folau

Special mentions to Gillett, Setu and Lockyer. Everyone had a great game except for the wingers.

Great game Broncos!

broncos70

Juniors
i dont mind dodds but why are people praising him after this performance..6 hitups and 4 tackles?

teo
gillett
setu

great performance by the fellas..got a feeling setu might do a dave taylor on us and play absolutely gun now that he'll be leaving lol

Country Bronco

Juniors
3 Hoffman Absoutely sensational. Was killin the titans with every touch. Exceptional defense to stop a try then clean up ball in goal on next tackle. Dangerous everytime he had the ball.
1 Te'o
1 Thaiday
1 Parker
The whole backrow!!!! Got to love their contribution.
Honourable mentions to the rest of the team.
Nice to see Gillett have final say to Tomane.

8Ball

First Grade
Loved the game tonight. Seeing Lockyer run the ball like that reminded me of when he used to do that from fullback.

His passing game looked a lot more dangerous too. The defence was in two minds everytime he had the ball tonight. They were careful to slide off him.

3. Te'o - Superb. Hit everyone who came at him..hard. Carried the ball up strongly. Scored a try.
2. Thaiday - High workrate. Was always in the thick of things. Has really put his hand up this year as our forward leader
1. Lockyer - Organized the team well. Ran the ball a lot tonight, and made plenty of breaks/half breaks. Was responsible for a lot of the room created for the outside backs. Also defended strongly despite having Bird run at him all night. A couple of errors in his game though, which diminishes his performance a little bit.

Honourable mention to Tronc, who has really strengthened our defence up the middle, and improved our go forward. Heavily involved.

Well, I can honestly say for the first time this year, that I'm excited by our chances. The titans threw PLENTY at us, yet we only conceded 6 points, and that was off a loose ball from Wallace.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
2. Teo - another devastating performance from him. Hitting hard in defence and running great lines in attack.
2. Gillet - looking like the future of the Broncos every time he takes the field.
2. Lockyer - a captain's knock - nuff said.

Thaiday was quieter tonight - needs to be running wider IMO. Sims didn't do much. Hoffman was superb and unlucky to miss out on points from me.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
2 - TEO
2 - Lockyer
2- Parker

Honourable mentions to Hoffman who propbably played his best game so far for us, Gillet - f**k this kid can play
Folau - for all the sh*t that must be going through his head of late still manages to go out and do what he does best and thats swallow meat pies

DeeJ

Bench
Lockyer (he ran! he ran!)

It was great to see, I hope he keeps it up and guys start running off him in the future though.

3. Lockyer
2. Gillett - this guy could do anything, I wanna see him more in the middle though rather than at center
1. Hoffman - his best performance at fullback ever, he cleaned up everything and was very safe.

beads6

First Grade
I am so happy Te'o has stood up and playing to his potential. He is unreal, devastating in attack and defence. The wingers aren't in form but they will get better still carrying injuries I feel. Great game by all, good to see us offloading and our forwards stepping and having a crack.

Hoffman is really finding his feet in first grade he is a star of the future.

Big Pete

Referee
Great win, the big difference between victory and defeat was commitment. Simply put, they competed for everything, even when the Titans were over their line they were able to force mistakes. Combine their heart with the skill of the backrow and the class of their stars and the Broncos were always going to be hard to handle.

I thought this game also got the best out of some players in a Broncos jersey. Hoffman was superb at the back in just about every way. The more he settles in, the better he will become.

Setu was dynamite in the second half, his offloading ability mixed with his explosive running style made it very hard for him to be contained.

And I thought Tronc is looking settled.

Also a big congratulations to Corey Parker on his 200th game. Once again, he stood up.

My votes:
3. Ben Te'o - He's going sensational.
2. Lagi Setu
1. Josh Hoffman

hellteam

First Grade
2 - Lockyer
2 - Thaiday
1 - Te'o
1 - Gillett

Great game, Henjack said before the game he'd love to grind out a win and that's exactly what we did. Titans attack had nothing, they only fluked that one try (and stuffed up that other one haha).

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Not that it matters now, but can I just say that Penalty to Locky for passing the ball to Thaiday for a try after he hit the ground was absolute bullsh*t.

The rule is the ball or the arm holding it must hit the ground for the player to be held. Neither did for Locky.

Broncos93

Juniors
Can I ask why people put votes in for Thaiday? Not saying he played badly or anything, but he was a lot more quiet last night and was in the shadow of some other forwards who played out of their skins.