What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Storm

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Madge needs to fix our centres and wingers. Why are they running backwards during defence instead of sliding sideways?

Also, he needs to fix their confidence. Hesitating in passing because of being afraid to make a mistake will cost us more games.

They know how to slide it's just the inconsistency of it. Our left edge is so slow.

If the Melbourne storm played bash and barge with us we probably would of won tonight, but they were smart and just targeted our edges through slater and Cronk. Bellamy is a genius. I think tonight showed that Gagai is a fantastic inclusion for our centre position. Not trying to shut down Goodwin or anything but he is getting old and his not as fast as he used to be. I wish gray would just stay

1. GI
2. Goodwin
3. Hunt
4. Gagai
5. Gray

How lethal would Gagai and gray be? They could be the next Leipana!

southsport

First Grade
Just to add: Our attack while it wasn't at it's best, it wasn't bad. It's a shame we were playing the best defensive side. Any other team and we may have cracked them.

Yeah, we would have beaten a mediocre team like the dogs for sure.

doyen

Bench
Yes Corey Parker made the comment that against the Tigers Souths lost their way when Cook came on and looked like a headless chook.
Interesting to hear the honest opinion of a former player whose just left the game as opposed to the keyboard experts on here.

Cook may as well be headless-----there's very,very limited footy nous between those ears!!

I'm not sure where you can hide a player like Cook[Mr.Professional] on the paddock.

It was suggested at one stage, with his "so-called" speed, he may be OK on the wing.

The wing may be a good hiding-place or maybe he could seek refuge in the Bear's Den!!!????

southsport

First Grade
Cook may as well be headless-----there's very,very limited footy nous between those ears!!

I'm not sure where you can hide a player like Cook[Mr.Professional] on the paddock.

It was suggested at one stage, with his "so-called" speed, he may be OK on the wing.

The wing may be a good hiding-place or maybe he could seek refuge in the Bear's Den!!!????

Well Cook will probably be our hooker during origin doyen.

Does anyone think it might be time to put Cody back at 5/8 and give Cook a run at fullback?

Travitoh

First Grade

Does anyone think it might be time to put Cody back at 5/8 and give Cook a run at fullback?

Put him on a wing first, he's unknown under the high ball. Cody at FB balances the side better i feel

DiegoNT

First Grade

Aj is a better fullback than cook. It would only take cook getting smashed once on a bomb for all confidence to flee him. I also can't see him throwing his body at a grubber put through in goal. Putting aj back at fb would mean one of Talaki, Jennings or burns would have to come back into the side.

doyen

Bench

Our best chance of winning games is to have Cody at 5/8,IMO!!

JS can be a steadying influence there but that's about it. JS is highly predictable & the opposition have learned him off by heart!!

It's impossible to read Cody with his unpredictable style-----I believe we have more chance of winning games if we use his free-spirited approach. Let him off the leash & cut that leash into tiny pieces!!

Also,take Madge out behind the grandstand,tie him to a post & jam a football in his gob!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

JS can be a steadying influence there but that's about it. JS is highly predictable & the opposition have learned him off by heart!!

It's impossible to read Cody with his unpredictable style-----I believe we have more chance of winning games if we use his free-spirited approach. Let him off the leash & cut that leash into tiny pieces!!

Also,take Madge out behind the grandstand,tie him to a post & jam a football in his gob!!!
We can't put Cody back at 5/8 as AJ is too shit at fullback.

Sutton has been doing well at 5/8 actually besides his kicking game struggling last night.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
The whole cook has speed arguement is so redundant.
Putting him to fullback is not going to help our cause.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We desperately need to win next week. Our defence has improved by milestones hopefully it's not a one off thing. Points will eventually come.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I think walker being able to attack both sides of the field is a lot more deadly than being stuck to the left side.

I agree re Sutton I want to try cook at 5/8th with Sutton back to the back row and just let cook run the ball. Sutton is best at edge running so that's what he should do.

southsport

First Grade
Aj is a better fullback than cook. It would only take cook getting smashed once on a bomb for all confidence to flee him. I also can't see him throwing his body at a grubber put through in goal. Putting aj back at fb would mean one of Talaki, Jennings or burns would have to come back into the side.
The whole cook has speed arguement is so redundant.
Putting him to fullback is not going to help our cause.

We need speed, believe me!

Pommy

Coach
I would have more confidence in myself starting at number 1 on Friday than I would cook.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We desperately need to win next week. Our defence has improved by milestones hopefully it's not a one off thing. Points will eventually come.
The boys have to play with the effort like that.

If we hold the ball I think we will beat Parra.

I would like to see Rochow and Turner lift though. Sam and Crichton need more help.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
we need to sack the duds,believe me!!!....Shadow...

CORRECTAMUNDO.... But sadly the you know who"s cant see it....Souths need to start culling the duds.... gagai"s signing is a start in the right direction though but we need 4 more real 1st grade signings if we are to make the 8 in 2018 ....Shadow...Our current team is SHIIIT......!

themacemaceman

Juniors

Not the worst idea. He would get plenty of chances to run from dummy half as that's half a wingers job these days bringing the ball back after a kick.
And that's his strength.