What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Sunday 1st July v Cowboys @ Barlow park

Rabbits20

Immortal
Looking forward to Sunday now lads, I can't wait. I know I say it every week but this is simply a game we cannot take lightly. Despite their indifferent year, the Cowboys still have a classy side that can really turn it on. I mean, we all saw what they did to us in Round 11, we were very lucky to win that game.

On another note, while it may be temping for Seibs to rest some players, I don't think he will. It's a whole seven day turn around which should be ample time. I believe the Burgess boys are already back in Aus too which is good.

'Very happy the Blues got up' - Johnston: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/alex-johnston-full-press-conference/

'The leaders really drill it into us' - Doueihi: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/adam-doueihi-full-press-conference/

Sutton excited for rep player returns: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/sutton-full-press-conferance/

NSW Women's win a highlight for Reynolds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/adam-reynolds---full-press-conference/
I completely agree lol. You read my mind!!!!

Taumalolo is a freak too!

It favours them up there to as we know. If it was at ANZ I'd be more confident for sure bro!

ThingFish

Juniors
If we are serious about being a legitimate premiership contender we should crush the next four teams we meet, no excuses, no fear, no mercy. Then a nice tough 3 game stretch will show us where we really need to improve, here we cop any loss on the chin as long as we learn from it. Then a nice two final games to iron out those kinks. Then we’re finals ready baby!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we are serious about being a legitimate premiership contender we should crush the next four teams we meet, no excuses, no fear, no mercy. Then a nice tough 3 game stretch will show us where we really need to improve, here we cop any loss on the chin as long as we learn from it. Then a nice two final games to iron out those kinks. Then we’re finals ready baby!!
As long as we can keep our stars on field I couldn't care if we finished 4th over winning the minor premiership... it's just vital we make the top 4!!! That's all I care.... then it's a different ball game after that....

Rabbits20

Immortal
After origin is over surely in the run home GI goes to fullback!!! He's more lethal back there! @callmack1

You could have AJ and Jennings/Campbell on the wings and have Gagai and Hunt at centre...

GI defensively will be able to stop those potential tries and read the play better than AJ.

Not to say AJ is a bad fullback. He's improved a lot and that but he isn't the superstar back there that GI is.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade

Completely agree. Good teams don't fear the also-rans

callmack1

Staff member
So Seibs has pretty much confirmed in his insights that all our rep guys will be back for this one which is great news. George hasn't got to full training yet but Seibs says he should still be good to go.

My Line Up for this week,

1. Johnston
2. Graham
3. Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. G.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S.Burgess

14. Doueihi
15. Murray
16. Clark
17. Tatola

I guess we'll find out soon!

ThingFish

Juniors
So Seibs has pretty much confirmed in his insights that all our rep guys will be back for this one which is great news. George hasn't got to full training yet but Seibs says he should still be good to go.

1. Johnston
2. Graham
3. Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. G.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S.Burgess

14. Doueihi
15. Murray
16. Clark
17. Tatola

Nailed it!! Good to see Billy Brittain named as 18th man along with Hymel 19th.

Pommy

Coach
Just so there’s no confusion the names squad is.

STARTING
1. Alex Johnston

2. Campbell Graham

3. Greg Inglis (c)

4. Dane Gagai

5. Robert Jennings

6. Cody Walker

7. Adam Reynolds

8. Thomas Burgess

9. Damien Cook

10. George Burgess

11. John Sutton

12. Angus Crichton

13. Sam Burgess

INTERCHANGE
14. Adam Doueihi

15. Cameron Murray

16. Jason Clark

17. Junior Tatola

REPLACEMENTS
18. Billy Brittain

19. Hymel Hunt

themacemaceman

Juniors
After origin is over surely in the run home GI goes to fullback!!! He's more lethal back there! @callmack1

You could have AJ and Jennings/Campbell on the wings and have Gagai and Hunt at centre...

GI defensively will be able to stop those potential tries and read the play better than AJ.

Not to say AJ is a bad fullback. He's improved a lot and that but he isn't the superstar back there that GI is.
I like this idea.
Another variation with GI at fullback could be Doueihi in the centres .
This would let us carry an extra forward on the bench .

Rabbits20

Immortal

1. Johnston
2. Graham
3. Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. G.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S.Burgess

14. Doueihi
15. Murray
16. Clark
17. Tatola

Yep if George doesn't play just means Sam to prop, Murray to lock and Nicholls onto the bench!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nailed it!! Good to see Billy Brittain named as 18th man along with Hymel 19th.
Yep Hunt will be on standby if needed to come onto bench for some reason but mainly to cover Campbell too who hopefully is fine after his minor quad strain! It's great to have Hymel always there on standby!
I like this idea.
Another variation with GI at fullback could be Doueihi in the centres .
This would let us carry an extra forward on the bench .
That's another great idea mate!

Instead of putting an extra forward on bench he may use Hunt for example who covers back row and backs!! That would also cover Cookie if anything happened, Douiehi or Murray would a lot into hooker!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Cows have Scott, Bolton and Fensom back from the injuries they had. Linnets strengthens their centres as well! This Cows team can cause us some headaches..

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Awful, awful idea.

Our attack has struggled to put on points when G.I hasn't played at left centre this year.

His presence takes pressure off Walker/Sutton/Jennings, but also gives those same guys more options in attack.

It'd no coincidence that our left edge is the most lethal attacking weapon in the comp when G.I is there.

Last edited:

Latest posts