What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Sunday 1st July v Cowboys @ Barlow park

callmack1

Staff member
Sorry R20, I agree that we shouldn't be moving GI unless injuries strike. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

South Sydney's winning streak bodes well for NRL premiership chances: http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ak-anthony-siebold/1vpbosdm5j6i21kkd2hkiwha5w

Also, apparently, this could be our last ever game at Barlow Park.

On another note, did anyone see League Life last night with GI? What an absoulutely outstanding interview. GI really opened up about his life and the struggles he still faces. It showed what a champion bloke he is and as a Souths member, I am so, so proud to call this man my favourite player an to have him leading us into battle.

Greg Inglis opens up on phone call to therapist after Origin 1 loss: http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...-queensland-skipper/lida9buks2li1737bvnlfshuh

ThingFish

Juniors
Also, apparently, this could be our last ever game at Barlow Park.

That means the USA game must be a goer. According to the ANZ Stadium contract we can only take a set number of home games away from ANZ. An earlier story was saying we where waiting on confirmation of the US game before deciding if to renew the Barlow Park contract.

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal

Pommy

Coach
That means the USA game must be a goer. According to the ANZ Stadium contract we can only take a set number of home games away from ANZ. An earlier story was saying we where waiting on confirmation of the US game before deciding if to renew the Barlow Park contract.

Wont somebody please think of the players!!!!!!!!! The NRL and Souths are a bunch of hypocritical merkins.

ThingFish

Juniors
Wont somebody please think of the players!!!!!!!!! The NRL and Souths are a bunch of hypocritical merkins.
It looks like they are looking into player safety. The four teams travelling for the proposed RD1 double header will have a stand alone opening weekend with a full weeks acclimatisation, as well as two weeks recovery until Rd2 starts. That’s the issue the NRL has with the Denver test, there was no real thought put into players safety. And after the heat and altitude stress, and the injuries last weekend, they were kinda proven right. I can see why some clubs are really opposed to it.

Plus I thought Souths supported the Denver test quite well from the start, they definitely weren’t publicly against it.

Pommy

Coach
It looks like they are looking into player safety. The four teams travelling for the proposed RD1 double header will have a stand alone opening weekend with a full weeks acclimatisation, as well as two weeks recovery until Rd2 starts. That’s the issue the NRL has with the Denver test, there was no real thought put into players safety. And after the heat and altitude stress, and the injuries last weekend, they were kinda proven right. I can see why some clubs are really opposed to it.

Plus I thought Souths supported the Denver test quite well from the start, they definitely weren’t publicly against it.

Lol give me a break, clubs are opposed to it because they are self serving.
Remember the Manly eels game was played in nigh on 40 degree heat this year. Origin is played on Wednesday with club games on a Friday.
Souths were totally and openly against it they were the first team to sign the letter against it.

ThingFish

Juniors
Lol give me a break, clubs are opposed to it because they are self serving.
Remember the Manly eels game was played in nigh on 40 degree heat this year. Origin is played on Wednesday with club games on a Friday.
Souths were totally and openly against it they were the first team to sign the letter against it.
But SOO games aren’t played in 32deg heat at 1600m with a 24hr flight before and after them. I’m the first to support international league, and I initially supported the Denver test. But 32deg heat at 1600m was farcical and dangerous. There has to be better and safer ways of introducing the game to the yanks.

Travitoh

First Grade
Well the one club that arguably has the most to gain from the growth of international RL were the most vocal against the game and even held star players back.

I thought it was a good game but there are some lessons that can be taken away from it i feel by both the teams and the leagues involved.
The main reason why it's all kicked off is because NZ got later flights that were delayed. The English team got home fine but it's NZ that are the focus.
I don't feel that the weather conditions were the big deal they're being made out to be. If cricketers can spend 8 hours in the Indian sun, bowling 20-30 overs and then go out to do it all again the next day, RL players can play 80 minutes in 4 bunches of 20 minute periods to allow for player rehydration in the US.

If round one is going to be split for the US game then the teams involved must play Thursday/Friday in round two imo.

Pommy

Coach
But SOO games aren’t played in 32deg heat at 1600m with a 24hr flight before and after them. I’m the first to support international league, and I initially supported the Denver test. But 32deg heat at 1600m was farcical and dangerous. There has to be better and safer ways of introducing the game to the yanks.

Yet there was no doctors that agreed with you.

You’re naive if you think the NRLs opposition was anything more than money orientated.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Sing it loud in heaven Glen........
Like a North QLD Cowboy
Running onto the field,
to cop a toweling from the Rabbitohs
Like a North QLD Cowboy
You don't stand a chance,
because our man Seib's is in the know
And sliding down the ladder,
you must continue to go!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Like a North QLD Cowboy
Running onto the field,
Like a North QLD Cowboy
you must continue to go!
Don't give up your day job Elton

Rabbits20

Immortal
Like a North QLD Cowboy
Running onto the field,
Like a North QLD Cowboy
you must continue to go!

Glory Glory lads!

Walking along, singing a song, singing Glory Glory Glory all the way!!!