What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs The Rabbitohs

Lets hope we can bounce back this weekend against Souths. I think the key will be if our pack turns up.
Souths are below us on the ladder so we have a chance.

OldPanther

Coach
We have the team to beat anyone but I'm not confident. We don't have the discipline this year. Hopefully we don't put ourselves under pressure again.

Really? I wouldn't mind that to be honest. Maybe give him small minutes off the bench to ease him into the forwards. What role he'd play I have no idea now Moylan is at 6 and we have Yeo/CHN in the back row.

A few whispers on twitter. No guarantee he is coming back. Fox sports has his him coming back round 17 - 20.
NRL PHYSIO‏@nrlphysio

Reports Cartwright's recovery could be anywhere from 6-12 weeks. Likely a meniscectomy (trim) if 6 weeks is a possibility

Fish is close too. But I probably prefer he had a hit out in reserves.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his 21-man squad to face South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday. James Fisher-Harris (hamstring), Peter Wallace (groin) and Bryce Cartwright (knee) are still unavailable for selection due to their respective injuries.

The Panthers will wear the 2017 Away Jersey.

Panthers v Rabbitohs
4pm Sunday @ ANZ Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Matt MOYLAN (c)
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Mitch REIN
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Leilani LATU
16. Tim BROWNE
17. Viliame KIKAU
18. Kaide ELLIS
19. Sione KATOA
20. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
21. Jed CARTWRIGHT

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan has named his side to face North Sydney Bears at North Sydney Oval on Friday.

ISP Panthers v North Sydney Bears
7.30pm Friday @ North Sydney Oval

1. Jarome LUAI
2. Maiko SIVO
3. Mason CERRUTO
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Darren NICHOLLS
8. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
9. Sione KATOA (c)
10. Kaide ELLIS
11. Jed CARTWRIGHT
12. Corey WADDELL
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Wayde EGAN
15. Atonio PELESASA
16. Nick LUI-TOSO
17. Oliver CLARK
18. Paea PUA

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa has named his side to face South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

NYC Panthers v NYC Rabbitohs
1.45pm Sunday @ ANZ Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Brian TOO
3. Richie MUNCHOW
4. Mose FEILO
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
7. Dean BLORE
8. Tom SKINNER
9. Ray MAROUN
10. Stefano HALA
11. Reed IZZARD (c)
12. Vondel WILLIAMS-LIOLEVAVE
13. Mitch KENNY

14. Meni LUKE
15. Carl WINTERSTEIN
16. Mitch REVELL
17. Jake BRENNAN
18. J'maine HOPGOOD
19. Jamon WORMLEATON
20. Brad GAUT
21. James CONROY
22. Jesse ABBOTT
23. Daine LAURIE

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his 21-man squad to face South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday. James Fisher-Harris (hamstring), Peter Wallace (groin) and Bryce Cartwright (knee) are still unavailable for selection due to their respective injuries.

The Panthers will wear the 2017 Away Jersey.

Panthers v Rabbitohs
4pm Sunday @ ANZ Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Matt MOYLAN (c)
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Mitch REIN
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Leilani LATU
16. Tim BROWNE
17. Viliame KIKAU
18. Kaide ELLIS
19. Sione KATOA
20. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
21. Jed CARTWRIGHT

I'm ok with that. Consistency with the roster. will do a world of good.

Kilkenny

Coach
Which girlfriend did Akauola sleep with? How he is not on our bench is astonishing? Given the 4th benchie gets limited minutes he is surely the ideal fit.

OldPanther

Coach
Which girlfriend did Akauola sleep with? How he is not on our bench is astonishing? Given the 4th benchie gets limited minutes he is surely the ideal fit.

There is a severe lack of spots in this team though. We still have Cartwright, Wallace and Fish to come back as well.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Penrith to lose the penalty count by at least 5.

Souths will score following a controversial penalty.

Just put $5 on this multi.Looking forward to gaining a 5c profit.

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
Heard an interesting rumour the other day that DWZ was being trialled at fullback at training in the first few months of last season (with Moylan at 6) but was struggling under the high ball even at training with limited pressure, so they ditched the idea and decided to wait till Edwards was ready.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Heard an interesting rumour the other day that DWZ was being trialled at fullback at training in the first few months of last season (with Moylan at 6) but was struggling under the high ball even at training with limited pressure, so they ditched the idea and decided to wait till Edwards was ready.

But that doesn't suit the 'Coach is f**ked and is a detriment to the team' bashing mentality.

I don't believe it!

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
But that doesn't suit the 'Coach is f**ked and is a detriment to the team' bashing mentality.

I don't believe it!

Let's see:

6 and 8 record, 0 wins against Top 8 sides, shipping 20+ points in a half to Newcastle (edit: it was only 14-0, sorry!) and the Warrirors, shitty attacking plays, no improvement in discipline and handling, players going backward this season...etc

vs.

random unsubstantiated rumor about something that happened 5 months ago regarding a positional selection

Yes, I can see how the ledger is balanced now.

Oh, and still pissed off that people on here were talking up Edwards before? "Sucking his cock" I think were your exact words. Bet you are hungering for a taste now.

Last edited: