What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 (2007): Warriors vs Cougars

Hallatia

Referee
rayroxon said:
I only learnt english last night in time to type the article so you won't have to worry about my one worrying the scorers Locky :p
:D thanks, I looked at your article before though and I think the word exam turned me ofrf it, I picked up the words "Rugby League" though so I am sure it will do fine:lol:

rayroxon

Juniors
well if it's anything like the hsc at least I get 5 points for writing my name don't I? I'd probably also get 5 points for rugby league so I must be sitting on 10 right now. lucky my tutor taught me that much, couldn't explain obstruction or the ball stripping rules tho :sarcasm:

Hallatia

Referee
rayroxon said:
well if it's anything like the hsc at least I get 5 points for writing my name don't I? I'd probably also get 5 points for rugby league so I must be sitting on 10 right now. lucky my tutor taught me that much, couldn't explain obstruction or the ball stripping rules tho :sarcasm:
I am sure you did great, the only reason I would subtract marks is that you are Cougars opposition:lol:

Hallatia

Referee
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
:crazy: ...it's fair to say we almost ended up four..lol but I put the pressure on my boys to deliver.
way to rub it in:lol:

I have not said this yet, but as much as I hope for a miracle for the Cougars sake, good luck to the Warriors:)

antonius

Coach
Warriors Scores

Keepingthefaith
Standing Up For The Little Guy
717 Words
Poor old refs. The writer relates what we all really know, but wont admit, we always blame him don’t we?
Score 86

Rayroxon.
Introductions
746 Words
Good use of descriptive text takes the reader right there. Not over-done. Nice read.
Score 89

byrne_rovelli_fan
Loyalty
750 Words
Poor grammar spoilt this piece. I had to read several passages twice or more to understand the writers points. Good subject, just didn’t flow.
Score 83

Jesbass
Don’t Shoot The Messenger
745 Words
Readable article, with clever use of lyrics.
Score 87

Robster
Just like the Island Way
571 Words
Some thoughts on the formation of an Islanders team. Would have been improved with better use of the word count.
Score 84

Cougars Scores

Locky Jr
Tears Don’t Fall
717 Words
Good read on the retirement of Andrew Johns, and the legacy he leaves to the game.
Score 85

Back Kitty
Hey Presto…
749 Words
Footballers as role models? It would be nice if they all came across like Preston. Yes they do influence people young, and old.
Score 86

Mr Rock!!!
The most notable thing is
748 Words
I liked the observations made in this piece. There is more to the making of a good Australian captain. I particularly liked the passages about Satler.
Score 88

Steel Dragon
Sturgeon’s Law
750 Words
Some relevant questions asked in this piece on policing the rules.
Score 87

Result Warriors 429 defeated Cougars 346
MOTM Rayroxon

Could well have been a different result had the Cougars posted 5 articles, a score of 84 would’ve seen them get home.

Robster

Bench
TRYYYYYYYYYYY!

Quins9802gallery.jpg

Just as well I posted my peice in aye ravs ;)

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks for the quick (as ever) marking, Antonius.

Hard luck, Cougars. That would have been a real nailbiter had your fifth article arrived.

Good stuff, Warriors. Onwards and upwards. :)

roosterboy60

Juniors
Congrats to the Warriors on your win and good luck for the rest of the season.

To the four who posted for the Cougars, well done. We didn't get the points but you all performed well.

Thanks to Antonius for making the game as well.

rayroxon

Juniors
Thanks for the match cougars, well done! Go Warriors! I'm sure it was just beginners luck on my part. :)

rayroxon

Juniors
Thanks JB! Twas a dream start, glad to be able to bring it home. Top read once again from yourself too. Go mutual admiration!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well done Ray, yes thaks Robster..hehe..thanks for marking antonius

well done Warriors, good work Cougars

and yeah appologize to everyone for my whafty efforts lately. Too much writing for TAFE has ruined my usual standards. Grrr...

Hallatia

Referee
my whafty efforts were firstly due to exams and then holidays, we can all make excuses for whafty efforts:D