What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Bulldogs - Match Day Thread

Travitoh

First Grade
I have to agree with @Rabbit toes about Cook, he got starts earlier in the season and failed to cement himself as our 9 on those occasions but for the second year running he's come good when the season is over.
I've been adamant since pre season that a bench utility weakens us and as the season has worn on it's not really mattered who our 9 was as, i just wanted us to stick with one but i still don't believe that either are NRL standard on the form of the past two seasons.
He's got the attributes out of dummy half similar to the likes of Luke but lacks the most important thing that Bully brought to the side - mettle.
I'll be more than happy for Cook to come out next season and prove me a mug but until then, the proof is in the pudding and i still believe we should be on the look out for a new 9 for the future.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I reckon we should try promoting one of our juniors (if they're up for it). Or steal a promising junior from another club. Most hookers on the market are meh. Phoenix hunt is like an Isaac Luke clone but I don't know what's going on with him lately.

We should look at the top 2 hookers in the NYC offer them like a 150k contract and see where to go from there.

This makes sense too because cook is coming into his peak years as a hooker and will be his only chance to prove his a first grader. This is all based on the theory that Farah actually retires or is released

themacemaceman

Juniors
I've been a critic of Cook but I must admit he had a great game on Thursday night.
He needs to do this consistently.
I think with Cook maybe it's a lack of confidence in his ability.
He needs to back himself more and run the ball more like he did on Thursday night.
Good to see us stringing a few wins together albeit at the wrong end of the season.
To be fair the opposition hadn't been to flash. We could be accused of being "flat track bullies".
Good for the younger guys to get some wins under there belt and also great to see the twins doing what we paid them to do.
Maybe Spud Carroll should be the new coach!

doyen

Bench
I've been a critic of Cook but I must admit he had a great game on Thursday night.
He needs to do this consistently.
I think with Cook maybe it's a lack of confidence in his ability.
He needs to back himself more and run the ball more like he did on Thursday night.
Good to see us stringing a few wins together albeit at the wrong end of the season.
To be fair the opposition hadn't been to flash. We could be accused of being "flat track bullies".
Good for the younger guys to get some wins under there belt and also great to see the twins doing what we paid them to do.
Maybe Spud Carroll should be the new coach!

I could have played No.9 & looked good against the Dogs!!

You could have driven 5 semi trailers through the gap into which Cookie ran.

As I said,form now, means zilch------Cook played enough mins throughout the season to run gaps but I can't really remember an occasion where his speed & determination achieved this!! And this was nearly always against "stuffed" big forwards. Put simply,he "looked good" against his old mates the other night who were completely & utterly disinterested!
As far as the TWINS go I really believe they are worth persevering with.
Props get better with age;they will get better,I believe.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I could have played No.9 & looked good against the Dogs!!

You could have driven 5 semi trailers through the gap into which Cookie ran.

As I said,form now, means zilch------Cook played enough mins throughout the season to run gaps but I can't really remember an occasion where his speed & determination achieved this!! And this was nearly always against "stuffed" big forwards. Put simply,he "looked good" against his old mates the other night who were completely & utterly disinterested!
As far as the TWINS go I really believe they are worth persevering with.
Props get better with age;they will get better,I believe.
Cook was brilliant against St Merge the week before too!!!!

Stop being so hard on him.....

He's the answer to our hooking issue.

doyen

Bench
Cook was brilliant against St Merge the week before too!!!!

Stop being so hard on him.....

He's the answer to our hooking issue.

I have my doubts that he is the answer as our No.1 hooker over a long season.

I'd certainly be looking for another top drawer No.9---maybe the ESL!!

Phoenix HUNT is maybe the answer.
It would be great to get Koroisau back!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have my doubts that he is the answer as our No.1 hooker over a long season.

I'd certainly be looking for another top drawer No.9---maybe the ESL!!

Phoenix HUNT is maybe the answer.
It would be great to get Koroisau back!!
Cook is the man.....

Latest posts