What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Bulldogs - Match Day Thread

Rabbits20

Immortal
How good is Cam Murray? I seriously think it's time to start him at lock and move Sam to prop. A prop rotation of Sam, the twins and musgrove is actually awesome. Let Clark or Turner fight for the bench role to share lock with Murray.
Turner just missed 2 tackles. f**k.

Notice as soon as Sam goes off we crumble a bit.....

But na piss Sam off the you know what's said in here............

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's all from Adam's shit kick. Tried being too fancy instead of getting the bloody ball in the in goal......

That's f**king justice that as Graham dropped that.

Shame on you Badger. Shame on you................

You know what SSTID we haven't got the rub of the green this year.

Cmon boys you can score by bobbling it now it seems....

Go Fui!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's all from Adam's shit kick. Tried being too fancy instead of getting the bloody ball in the in goal......

That's f**king justice that as Graham dropped that.

Shame on you Badger. Shame on you................

You know what SSTID we haven't got the rub of the green this year.

Cmon boys you can score by bobbling it now it seems....

Go Fui!!!!

Fui might actually be a better centre than second rower. He is electric that kid.

Yeah but I'm not too fussed about that try we kind of deserved to concede it. Poor middle defence.

callmack1

Staff member
Yeehaa! Such a good feeling to get another win. I thought it was a really good performance from the lads tonight. Yes, we were playing the Dogs, they were awful and we were a bit off at times, I thought all in all it was a really good win. You could see how comitted they were and how much intent there was, The effort was there from almost everyone. Kinda makes you wonder where that's been all year doesn't it?

Attack was friggin sick tonight. Our spine (until Farah came on) combined so bloddy well and we looked deadly. Defence was great too, I know they're not a great attacking side, but to hold them out late in the game with some great defence was awesome to see. I thought the forwards really aimed up too, they ran hard and won that middle battle which went along way tonight. It was a bit loose a few times but I'll forgive them. High completion rate too tonight which we haven't seen enough of.

Johnston: Looked awesome again. If he keeps developing at this rate then I'll be chuffed. He was really good, his ball playing was evident and he's beginning to create space for himself and his outside men. He popped up at just the right time like every good fullback should. His tries were nice and man, I hope he gets top try scorer this year! Got caught out when Graham scored but was otherwise safe at the back.

Goodwin: Not as barnstorming as the last game but still bloody good. Worked hard and came up with some fantastic runs to releave some pressure. Solid in defence too. A part of me kind of wishes he wasn't leaving, far too good for England.

Fuimaono: Was good. He's so explosive, almost every run he had tonight was great, just really strong and you can see that defenders really struggle to put him down at times. Wasa lot more busy in defence tonight with Brenko Lee coming at him but he handled it very well.

Gray: Was great. Good to have him back and it was a big effort from him tonight. He was just a wall in defence and nothing was getting past him which was awesome to see. Positioned himself in the right spot to get that pearler of Reyno for his try. Running game wasn't bad at all but I still want him to do more work.

Graham: Solid. He has ticker this kid. Was busy all night taking the tough runs to help out the forwards, Lokked determined for a try but just couldn't quite get it. He's looking good so far.

Walker: Was good tonight. His combination with Reyno is looking good and it seems to be getting better, It's a shame it got broken up in the middle part of the season. He didn't do anything spectacular but did his job. He created a few opportunities and was putting players in holes did the simple stuff in set plays but that made all the difference.

Reynolds: A bit hot and cold. Layed on a few really nice kicks but as a whole, I thought his kicking game was average tonight. He took some bad options which cost us opportunities. I think the score would've been a lot higher if Reyno had executed his last play kicks better and built pressure. Still, his passing and running game were sweet. How good was that pill for Gray to score? Just beautiful to watch.

T.Burgess: Can Spud get up the twins every week. That's one of the best games I've seen Tom play this year by far. He was just so barnstoming and every run was a big one. He seemed to charge onto the ball and the line harder which is what I like. No errors too, a great game for Tom.

Cook. Was electric. He ripped it up tonght. Just his abiltiy to get us rolling forward and catch the markers out is awesome. I think we just look way more dangerous and faster when he's on. The try he layed on for Johnston was great awareness and pure speed. Really happy with him.

Musgrove: Was great. This is also one of the best games I've seen Zane play. He ran sooo hard and had a really high workrate. He's so aggressive and his leg drive seemed to be more prominant in this game. Keep it up Zane!

Sutton: Was good. He did his job and was more involved. I still think Sutto has a great running game and it was solid tonight, he popped up at the right times. Did a good job to help Tyrell out with Lee as well.

Murray: How good? I'm really impressed by that performance. The kid is a powerhouse in defence and he'll stop anything that comes his way. Good to see his running gamea bit more tonight and it's bloody good! Some really strong ones. I'm liking the look of Murray a lot.

S.Burgess: Seemed to be playing a bit wider tonight probably to lessen his workload. It's clear his injury is effecting him but he was still great. Nice runs and was awesome in defence especially when he saved a try by stopping Josh Reynolds. It's a shame he had to come off but there's no point risking him. As we Know, one tough guy.

Crichton: Solid. Not one of his best games but he was still good. Some good runs back on an angle and he has the nack for evading defenders, he must be so hard to put down. It's just a shame he put too much sticky spray on! lol. The ball got stuck in his hand a few times which bombed a certain try led to some average passing.

Farah: About the only player that wasn't great tonight. He just offers nothing anymore, you look at how good Cokk was and how slick we looked with him on the field. Then Farah comes on and everything seems to slow down, we don't look as dangerous. Tbh, I hope Robbie goes next year.

Turner: Not bad. Didn't have an awful lot of time but did have some impactful runs. He missed a few tackles but I'll forgive him.

G.Burgess: Kind of the same as what I said for Tom. Nice game George!

All up it was a good game and one that we can be proud of. The lads seem to be gelling better and we seem more balanced with that line up.

Let's hope we can finish the season in a good way.

callmack1

Staff member
A win is a win I guess but I feel a bit flat, any of the top sides would have scored at least 50 points against the dogs tonight.
I thought we weren't bad, it was just Reyno's inability to build pressure at times that cost us more points. A wins a win so I'm stoked!

Rabbits20

Immortal
A win is a win I guess but I feel a bit flat, any of the top sides would have scored at least 50 points against the dogs tonight.
Our halves didn't take control for long enough periods.......

Then when Sam went off we lost our way a bit. Sam was inspirational with his mentoring out there.....

Then the problem that is Farah came on.......

Anyhow Southy a wins a win. There were more positives than negatives there.

Belt out a rendition of Glory Glory and you'll feel better mate... trust me.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeehaa! Such a good feeling to get another win. I thought it was a really good performance from the lads tonight. Yes, we were playing the Dogs, they were awful and we were a bit off at times, I thought all in all it was a really good win. You could see how comitted they were and how much intent there was, The effort was there from almost everyone. Kinda makes you wonder where that's been all year doesn't it?

Attack was friggin sick tonight. Our spine (until Farah came on) combined so bloddy well and we looked deadly. Defence was great too, I know they're not a great attacking side, but to hold them out late in the game with some great defence was awesome to see. I thought the forwards really aimed up too, they ran hard and won that middle battle which went along way tonight. It was a bit loose a few times but I'll forgive them. High completion rate too tonight which we haven't seen enough of.

Johnston: Looked awesome again. If he keeps developing at this rate then I'll be chuffed. He was really good, his ball playing was evident and he's beginning to create space for himself and his outside men. He popped up at just the right time like every good fullback should. His tries were nice and man, I hope he gets top try scorer this year! Got caught out when Graham scored but was otherwise safe at the back.

Goodwin: Not as barnstorming as the last game but still bloody good. Worked hard and came up with some fantastic runs to releave some pressure. Solid in defence too. A part of me kind of wishes he wasn't leaving, far too good for England.

Fuimaono: Was good. He's so explosive, almost every run he had tonight was great, just really strong and you can see that defenders really struggle to put him down at times. Wasa lot more busy in defence tonight with Brenko Lee coming at him but he handled it very well.

Gray: Was great. Good to have him back and it was a big effort from him tonight. He was just a wall in defence and nothing was getting past him which was awesome to see. Positioned himself in the right spot to get that pearler of Reyno for his try. Running game wasn't bad at all but I still want him to do more work.

Graham: Solid. He has ticker this kid. Was busy all night taking the tough runs to help out the forwards, Lokked determined for a try but just couldn't quite get it. He's looking good so far.

Walker: Was good tonight. His combination with Reyno is looking good and it seems to be getting better, It's a shame it got broken up in the middle part of the season. He didn't do anything spectacular but did his job. He created a few opportunities and was putting players in holes did the simple stuff in set plays but that made all the difference.

Reynolds: A bit hot and cold. Layed on a few really nice kicks but as a whole, I thought his kicking game was average tonight. He took some bad options which cost us opportunities. I think the score would've been a lot higher if Reyno had executed his last play kicks better and built pressure. Still, his passing and running game were sweet. How good was that pill for Gray to score? Just beautiful to watch.

T.Burgess: Can Spud get up the twins every week. That's one of the best games I've seen Tom play this year by far. He was just so barnstoming and every run was a big one. He seemed to charge onto the ball and the line harder which is what I like. No errors too, a great game for Tom.

Cook. Was electric. He ripped it up tonght. Just his abiltiy to get us rolling forward and catch the markers out is awesome. I think we just look way more dangerous and faster when he's on. The try he layed on for Johnston was great awareness and pure speed. Really happy with him.

Musgrove: Was great. This is also one of the best games I've seen Zane play. He ran sooo hard and had a really high workrate. He's so aggressive and his leg drive seemed to be more prominant in this game. Keep it up Zane!

Sutton: Was good. He did his job and was more involved. I still think Sutto has a great running game and it was solid tonight, he popped up at the right times. Did a good job to help Tyrell out with Lee as well.

Murray: How good? I'm really impressed by that performance. The kid is a powerhouse in defence and he'll stop anything that comes his way. Good to see his running gamea bit more tonight and it's bloody good! Some really strong ones. I'm liking the look of Murray a lot.

S.Burgess: Seemed to be playing a bit wider tonight probably to lessen his workload. It's clear his injury is effecting him but he was still great. Nice runs and was awesome in defence especially when he saved a try by stopping Josh Reynolds. It's a shame he had to come off but there's no point risking him. As we Know, one tough guy.

Crichton: Solid. Not one of his best games but he was still good. Some good runs back on an angle and he has the nack for evading defenders, he must be so hard to put down. It's just a shame he put too much sticky spray on! lol. The ball got stuck in his hand a few times which bombed a certain try led to some average passing.

Farah: About the only player that wasn't great tonight. He just offers nothing anymore, you look at how good Cokk was and how slick we looked with him on the field. Then Farah comes on and everything seems to slow down, we don't look as dangerous. Tbh, I hope Robbie goes next year.

Turner: Not bad. Didn't have an awful lot of time but did have some impactful runs. He missed a few tackles but I'll forgive him.

G.Burgess: Kind of the same as what I said for Tom. Nice game George!

All up it was a good game and one that we can be proud of. The lads seem to be gelling better and we seem more balanced with that line up.

Let's hope we can finish the season in a good way.
Mate thanks for mind reading bro......

Bravo bravo.... exactly what he said....

When Crichton came on and made that break you know who was backing him up bro, my man Cookie....... shame the pass was shit.... Cookie would've been under the posts..........

For what Cook brings I can handle him missing a couple of tackles....