What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

globalpanther

Juniors
1.D EDWARDS

2.S TURUVA

3.T PEACHEY

4.S CRICHTON

5.B TO’O

6.J LUAI

7.N CLEARY

8.M LEOTA

9.M KENNY

10.J FISHER-HARRIS

11.S SORENSEN

12.L MARTIN

13.I YEO

14.S LUKE

15.L SMITH

16.S LENIU

17.Z HOSKING

18.J SALMON*18

Whino

Bench
Get the win then have last Rd off but who knows…

IF it comes down to the last round for top spot. One good thing is Brisbane play the Storm on Thursday. We know our fate early. Should the Storm win we can rest a few come Saturday evening.

Just on the Storm they have won the last 13 clashes between them and the Broncos. Admittedly the last few seasons Brisbane have been rubbish. But they haven't beaten Melbourne anywhere since 2016.

WestyLife

First Grade
IF it comes down to the last round for top spot. One good thing is Brisbane play the Storm on Thursday. We know our fate early. Should the Storm win we can rest a few come Saturday evening.

Just on the Storm they have won the last 13 clashes between them and the Broncos. Admittedly the last few seasons Brisbane have been rubbish. But they haven't beaten Melbourne anywhere since 2016.

Top spot is nice but ivan all but admitted the minor premiership doesn't matter.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith played poorly and still smashed the Titans. There are definitely easy games.

I now now turn into an old fat lady (with a walker) yelling at the sky to say this........
Old Lady Sf GIF by Strange Fellows Brewing

Does everyone remember the last 'easy game' everyone called twas against the Wests Tigers. Records show that Penrith lost this game.

For me, that's case closed. No game is ever easy.

WestyLife

First Grade
I now now turn into an old fat lady (with a walker) yelling at the sky to say this........
Old Lady Sf GIF by Strange Fellows Brewing

Does everyone remember the last 'easy game' everyone called twas against the Wests Tigers. Records show that Penrith lost this game.

For me, that's case closed. No game is ever easy.

Have you ever tried to bath a cat? That explains those games in the rain.

Girds89

Bench
Penrith played poorly and still smashed the Titans. There are definitely easy games.

There are obviously teams that clearly arent as skillful and consistant as the top teams...

The challenge isnt necessarily overcoming them its staying in the right headspace and getting the boys up week after week...

Ivan has been brilliant at that on this run... its crazy to think there hasnt been any periods of lazyness or real poor performances...

Credit to the boys and coaches they just turn up every week no matter who they play.

kinghippo

Juniors
No Moses takes a lot of fire power out of the eels.

We can probably afford to rest a few but I feel we actually really need to get our full team on the field, at least for half the match.

If we are in control we could give Edwards a half game, or whoever needs it, if we pick a good bench.

We keep winning but it has been quite some time since we have run out with a full squad, and we have changed our structures to accommodate the injuries with different centre, wing and back rowers.

I know everyone has been playing well but some stabilisation before the finals could be important, although I recognise suspension or injuries are probably a bigger worry than team combos.

Last edited:

John Hamblin

Juniors
There are obviously teams that clearly arent as skillful and consistant as the top teams...

The challenge isnt necessarily overcoming them its staying in the right headspace and getting the boys up week after week...

Ivan has been brilliant at that on this run... its crazy to think there hasnt been any periods of lazyness or real poor performances...

Credit to the boys and coaches they just turn up every week no matter who they play.
IC has said on a number of occasions that they always respect the oppostion. Thats why we are consistently very good.

MugaB

Coach
IC has said on a number of occasions that they always respect the oppostion. Thats why we are consistently very good.
He has also values the minor premiership, he also mentioned that no one is remembered for it, unlike the football codes overseas..
There are no easy wins, ivan is wise to never take lightly any opposition

WestyLife

First Grade
Incorrect , ivan claimed other people dont think it matters

The fact is the reward sucks and no one cares. Winning the GF is all that matters and that press conference confirms he knows that and will plan accordingly

Latest posts