What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Kilkenny

Coach
I can't believe the negativity of some. Sure we were VERY ordinar y tonight and haven't been great for w eeks BUT the loss will do us a lot more good than harm. Hopefully Luai comes back for week one or two of the finals. Remember 2021 all the injured players going into the GF, Dylan, Fish etc. Have faith our defence will get us to the big dance!!
I can’t believe you believe of the negativity of some.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I can't believe the negativity of some. Sure we were VERY ordinar y tonight and haven't been great for w eeks BUT the loss will do us a lot more good than harm. Hopefully Luai comes back for week one or two of the finals. Remember 2021 all the injured players going into the GF, Dylan, Fish etc. Have faith our defence will get us to the big dance!!

The 'bring out your dead' behaviour of some 'newer' fans and members is a little amusing......(let's face it we have all been there')

I was out at dinner tonight, came home and saw the last quarter of the game. Cleary, Yeo, Fish, Martin et al were all furious with themselves and how they played.
This will drive them forward.

Whether Ivan brings in Kenny and Scotty too hotty for next weekend. I have no idea. An extra week might help them. Also drive the others to perform without them.
Suniva and Pickles will be back next weekend. That will help.

Of course Luai is a huge issue. Would love for him to have a burner and no structual damage at all. I believe in fairytales still.

Fangs

Coach
In our last 2 months

We had to score 2 late tries to beat the Dolphins.

Won the 2nd half v Storm 6-0

very lucky to be 12-12 with Manly at halftime

Last week with 15 to go. We were up 22-14 ( 10 of those came v 12 men

Then tonight.

We are cruising in 3rd gear, looking towards the finals. Now we will put in the work and improve where it is needed

Fair enough.

But you agree we have another gear then. No need to pull it right now. Why spend any emotional energy on this game? Its normally important but less so this time around. The Eels are done.
Tell em John!

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s probably the loss we had to have really.

Vastly understrength, against a desperate side who played pretty well.

I think tonight if nothing else, just underscores how important Dylan Edwards is to our chances. I don’t think Chrichton was that bad, I thought he was fine, but just not Dylan.

I think we can bounce back, I think we could be good enough defensively to turns thing around and get to the dance but things are going to have to go our way from here.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Some of you just aren't used to losing how many bandwagoners do we have here?
This 17 will be completely different to week 1. Harden up merkins
Only 6 losses so far this season isn’t too bad but the manner of the loss to a finished Parra team that our title rivals the Broncos recently destroyed 54-10 is disheartening.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m kinda disappointed for the fans tonight, terrific home crowd, and really it was obvious from the first Sivo try it wasn’t going to be our night.

We tried, things went against us and when you are under strength it is hard to turns things around.

Tonight just underscores how you need need to have close to your best side fit and on field. If you don’t you are susceptible and tonight we were shown up, it’s that simple.

Obviously things have got a little tougher, with a likely season ending injury to Jerome, but I think assuming Dylan, Tago, Turuva, Kenny and Sorensen are fit and good to in the finals then there is no reason why we can’t put our best foot forward.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I’m kinda disappointed for the fans tonight, terrific home crowd, and really it was obvious from the first Sivo try it wasn’t going to be our night.

We tried, things went against us and when you are under strength it is hard to turns things around.

Tonight just underscores how you need need to have close to your best side fit and on field. If you don’t you are susceptible and tonight we were shown up, it’s that simple.

Obviously things have got a little tougher, with a likely season ending injury to Jerome, but I think assuming Dylan, Tago, Turuva, Kenny and Sorensen are fit and good to in the finals then there is no reason why we can’t put our best foot forward.
Yeah no need to overreact. We were in worse shape in 2021

Iamback

Coach
Fair enough.

But you agree we have another gear then. No need to pull it right now. Why spend any emotional energy on this game? Its normally important but less so this time around. The Eels are done.

We have another 3 gears to go too.

More about making sure that cracks don't appear, Some very lazy effort starting to appear.

That needs tweeking and will get them focused again.

Luke today too much one out and going sideways

Iamback

Coach
Only 6 losses so far this season isn’t too bad but the manner of the loss to a finished Parra team that our title rivals the Broncos recently destroyed 54-10 is disheartening.

Assuming Souffs don't make the 8. Only 1 of those losses were against a top 8 team

Kilkenny

Coach
I’ve said for a couple of weeks now maybe finishing second could work in our favour.

Given tonight, Laui injury, the Warriors should finish third, given there last two opponents just perhaps finishing second could be a good thing,

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Is the lack of game time for those who haven't played for a few weeks going to effect us going forward more than Luai being out?

Kilkenny

Coach
Reynold's calf puts them worse off than us
Really, do you really believe that.

They could have Kevin’s son at 7 and they are still massive contender's.

The absence of Adam Reynolds for the Broncos is a hiccup for them, they are fit and in form.

Jock Madden if required will be good enough.

There favourites for the premiership albeit I think finishing second works in our favour, week one.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Really, do you really believe that.

They could have Kevin’s son at 7 and they are still massive contender's.

The absence of Adam Reynolds for the Broncos is a hiccup for them, they are fit and in form.

Jock Madden if required will be good enough.

There favourites for the premiership albeit I think finishing second works in our favour, week one.
Nope all betting agencies still have us just infront

Kilkenny

Coach
Nope all betting agencies still have us just infront
The betting agencies had the Eels $8-00 this morning. Honestly I am a punter and for the first time ever I considered betting against my team. I didn’t, I don’t regret it, but seriously $8-00 with the players we had out. If I was an Eels fan I would have been all over the $8-00 with decent money. There was Some good money to be had.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The betting agencies had the Eels $8-00 this morning. Honestly I am a punter and for the first time ever I considered betting against my team. I didn’t, I don’t regret it, but seriously $8-00 with the players we had out. If I was an Eels fan I would have been all over the $8-00 with decent money. There was Some good money to be had.
Oh shit yeah tonight for sure. I never bet on our results anyway as a silly luck thing. Only a try scorer or 2

MugaB

Coach
Sloppy down that edge.
Sloppier than in brent naden the centres at WT,
Lesson not learnt with the cows this season, 74blot..
after remembering that nice drumming at the end of last season against the roosters what was it 72-6, hope he aint playing there again this week...