What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Storm

Luke Bowden

First Grade
MWZ did very well. So much better than Josh in Round 1.

137m gained
1 try assist (a beauty aswell)
He earned us quick play the balls
0 errors or penalties conceded
Only missed 1 tackle.

I like Josh... and I think he deserved a chance in Round 2 to attempt to redeem himself. But when he is injured and his replacement has a better game than him IMO he should be forced to earn his spot back.

Obviously Ivan won't do that. But on form I think our top 17 is stronger with MWZ and that he and his brother fire each other up to run harder and faster.

Josh will get a run against Storm if fit. Im certain of that. But I hope we make the tough decision sooner rather than later if he's unable to improve.

To be fair to Sauce, he played most of the Parra game with a busted shoulder.

MrBlack

Juniors
We just need to keep improving and build up. Tigers and Titans are next. Being 3-2 after 5 weeks isn't too bad

New coach, some new players, new game plans etc - I don't think we hit our straps for a few more weeks.

I would rather we peak at the end of the season.

First 2 games, all we really did wrong was drop the ball and give away a few silly penalties. We look a little clunky but it will all come together. Too much talent in our team.

franklin2323

Immortal
New coach, some new players, new game plans etc - I don't think we hit our straps for a few more weeks.

First 2 games, all we really did wrong was drop the ball and give away a few silly penalties. We look a little clunky but it will all come together. Too much talent in our team.

6 from the 1st 10 is achievable. I hoping for the win this week but I doubt it given the troops we will have out.

For me cut down the penalties. 7 instead of 10 type of thing and complete 75% instead of 65% and we build as the year goes on

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his squad to face St George Illawarra Dragons at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers v Dragons
Panthers Stadium
10.35am Saturday 30 March

1. Daine LAURIE
2. Charlie STAINES
3. Stephen CRICHTON
4. Thomas LOFTS
5. Matthew FAAUILA
6. Matt BURTON
7. Brendan HANDS
8. Spencer LENIU
9. Ryan PRITCHARD
10. Brad GAUT
11. Alex MYLES
12. Shawn BLORE
13. Adam FEARNLEY

14. Dylan MCBAIN
15. Jack QUINN
16. Jayden TANNER
17. Terrell MAY
18. Ratu NANOVO
19. Hayden BONNANO
20. Glenn MCGRADY

mxlegend99

Referee

Plus individuals scenarios tend to give reason for a slow start:
Edwards missed most of last year. Hes off the pace
DWZ had a short pre-season and no trials
Jimmy had limited time with Cleary in off-season
Cleary returning from ankle surgery. Has limited time with everyone... and sadly the partnership he did work on with Kikau is on hold. I imagine the try for JFH is a play we will see with Kikau regularly
Yeo has had 2x bad head knocks and we count on him as an 80 minute guy
Kikau is missing through injury
Winterstein has been here like 2 weeks
Sele and Fuimaono are new to the club

There's the loss of our planned utility in Tyrone May. There's the effect that has had on our players. Not sure how good we can be. But its definitely too early to judge the effect Ivan has had on us yet.

Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Guy Missio has named his side to face St George Illawarra Dragons at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers v Dragons
Panthers Stadium
12.45pm Saturday 30 March

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Tyrone PHILLIPS
5. Brian TOO
6. Isaac THOMPSON
7. Liam COLEMAN
8. Nick LUI-TOSO
9. Mitch KENNY
10. Paea PUA
11. Matheson JOHNS
12. Billy BURNS
13. Kaide ELLIS (c)

14. Reed IZZARD
20. Sam SMITH
21. Brent NADEN
22. Ratu TUISESE

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his squad to face Melbourne Storm at Carrington Park on Saturday.

The club has opted to rest Isaah Yeo after the Panthers forward suffered head knocks against Parramatta and Newcastle.

Josh Mansour has been named to return from a shoulder injury while Tyrell Fuimaono is back on the bench after overcoming an ankle injury.
Panthers v Storm
Carrington Park
7.35pm Saturday 30 March

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Waqa BLAKE - sponsored by OAK Plus
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU - sponsored by Signace
9. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Hertz
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by HIX Group
11. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Frank WINTERSTEIN - sponsored by Chemtools
13. Hame SELE - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Tyrell FUIMAONO - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by CETNAJ Dural/Rouse Hill
19. Tim GRANT - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta
20. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Fantastic Framing
21. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by OAK Plus

Kilkenny

Coach
Plus individuals scenarios tend to give reason for a slow start:
Edwards missed most of last year. Hes off the pace
DWZ had a short pre-season and no trials
Jimmy had limited time with Cleary in off-season
Cleary returning from ankle surgery. Has limited time with everyone... and sadly the partnership he did work on with Kikau is on hold. I imagine the try for JFH is a play we will see with Kikau regularly
Yeo has had 2x bad head knocks and we count on him as an 80 minute guy
Kikau is missing through injury
Winterstein has been here like 2 weeks
Sele and Fuimaono are new to the club

There's the loss of our planned utility in Tyrone May. There's the effect that has had on our players. Not sure how good we can be. But its definitely too early to judge the effect Ivan has had on us yet.

You summed our situation up pretty well. Well done.

Panfa

Juniors
When cleary was penrith coach before gus sacked him he never beat the storm however last yr as tigers coach he beat them twice and they didnt score more than 10 points.We will need to be very disciplined and hold on to the ball this week to be any chance.Starting side looks good our bench this week is a little small be there are some workers there im quietly confident we can win this its our 2nd home game of the yr cant afford another loss.

GongPanther

Referee
When cleary was penrith coach before gus sacked him he never beat the storm however last yr as tigers coach he beat them twice and they didnt score more than 10 points.We will need to be very disciplined and hold on to the ball this week to be any chance.Starting side looks good our bench this week is a little small be there are some workers there im quietly confident we can win this its our 2nd home game of the yr cant afford another loss.
Yes, penalties and ball security is paramount against a red hot Storm side. We win here, and our season will be off to a flyer.

Latest posts