What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Knights

betcats

Referee
Peachey and Blake finished last season on fire the whole last third. Its such a Penrith thing to move them both out of the centres. People wanted Peachey dropped before he got a run in the centres last year, he had no spot he was shunted from the forwards, to the halves and then to the bench. We finally find his best spot and are apparently going to move him lol hopefully he still kills it.

chrisD

Coach
Attack came good last season for pretty straight forward reasons.

Attacking ball was being distributed at about 40% Moylan, 40% Soward, 20% Wallace. And RCG and McKendry were starting and getting the lion's share of minutes in the front row.

Then, attacking ball began being distributed at about 50% Moylan, 25% Cartwright, 25% Cleary. And Matagi and Latu were starting.

It really had nothing to do with Peachey or Blake or the like.

franklin2323

Immortal
Peachey and Blake finished last season on fire the whole last third. Its such a Penrith thing to move them both out of the centres. People wanted Peachey dropped before he got a run in the centres last year, he had no spot he was shunted from the forwards, to the halves and then to the bench. We finally find his best spot and are apparently going to move him lol hopefully he still kills it.

we will see tomorrow but he will kill it just as much in the backrow

mxlegend99

Referee
Attack came good last season for pretty straight forward reasons.

Attacking ball was being distributed at about 40% Moylan, 40% Soward, 20% Wallace. And RCG and McKendry were starting and getting the lion's share of minutes in the front row.

Then, attacking ball began being distributed at about 50% Moylan, 25% Cartwright, 25% Cleary. And Matagi and Latu were starting.

It really had nothing to do with Peachey or Blake or the like.
Right... having Peachey ripping teams to shreds from centre and us finally getting Blake involved had nothing to do with it.

We had Mansour and Peachey carving up one edge. Blake and DWZ the other. Those combinations were brutal. The had size. Speed. Strength. Footwork. Offloads etc.

While Mansour is not available, we could still have that backline and have one of Edwards, Whare or Hiku fill the hole for Mansour. Personally I think Edwards is the best of that group. But instead we seem to be trying to revert back to the team we were before we went on to find good attacking form. The team who defended well and only lost by small margins... but still lost.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blake was pushed to wing for Whare. What makes you think he gets left centre ahead of Hiku?

Hiku played there last year before injury. I expect that he will get his spot back just as Whare did and that he will keep it unless injured.

I can picture Blake being dropped for Mansour and Peachey going back to the bench. Whare already has his spot back.

I think Edwards starts on the wing over Hiku. Hiku will stay on the bench I think

franklin2323

Immortal
Right... having Peachey ripping teams to shreds from centre and us finally getting Blake involved had nothing to do with it.

We had Mansour and Peachey carving up one edge. Blake and DWZ the other. Those combinations were brutal. The had size. Speed. Strength. Footwork. Offloads etc.

While Mansour is not available, we could still have that backline and have one of Edwards, Whare or Hiku fill the hole for Mansour. Personally I think Edwards is the best of that group. But instead we seem to be trying to revert back to the team we were before we went on to find good attacking form. The team who defended well and only lost by small margins... but still lost.

Not having Cleary was why we struggled early on last year

franklin2323

Immortal
We used a back last week... and apparently that's not stupid so it stands to reason Edwards could be on the bench this week.

CHN might get a spot though... he's the only second rower named.

Except Edwards is too small to play backrow if no backs fall down. Which is why I think Hiku stays with Edwards on the wing

chrisD

Coach
Yeah its all RCGs fault.
Not all, partially, without doubt. But continue to stick your head in the sand, it should get easier this week as playing the knights should paper over the obvious.

The majority of the ball was going to failing halves behind forwards providing no momentum, then it started going all to dangerous ball players behind forwards creating momentum. Everything got better.

The question is if Peachey's form is dependant on his position rather than just him and the team getting better. I don't know the logic behind Peachey particularly being better as a centre than as a second rower. What's the argument? What makes him more dangerous at centre than at second row wide?

betcats

Referee
The question is if Peachey's form is dependant on his position rather than just him and the team getting better. I don't know the logic behind Peachey particularly being better as a centre than as a second rower. What's the argument? What makes him more dangerous at centre than at second row wide?

Whats the argument for Yeo being better in the back row rather than at centre? The proof is in his form. Peachey plays above his weight no doubt but his small stature still hurts him in the backrow. At centre he has more space and weaker, smaller defenders to attack.

The Yeo comparison isn't the best. Yeo is clearly suited to the role. Peach has been going great but it's not like he's setting up his winger with class. Hes just running the ball well, which can be done in either position.

TheFrog

Coach
With Hiku in the team our win rate is 38%. With Hiku injured our win rate is 68%.
It is my pleasure to welcome Peta Hiku to the Scapegoats Club. A proud list of Panthers including Peter Wallace, Sika Manu, Adam Docker, Clint Newton, Kevin Kingston, Adam Woolnough, Adrian Purtell, right back to Paul Franze.

A few of them deserved it, in all fairness. But one thing I've noticed in more than a dozen years hanging around Panthers forums, there is always a scapegoat.