What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

WestyLife

First Grade
Alot of the things we do is due to combinations. Some great examples on the weekend.

Tago/May are just too good together. Critter and To'o are good mates too so it works

So you move To'o over to the right and leave Tago/May on the left.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I use the comparison to Jason Saab.

Eye test says he is a beast. Reality is he ave 9 runs a game last year.

So it can work but we are best with big wingers starting the sets off well
With Tago, Critter, Edwards and To'o we can easily have a small fast winger but he's not really being used and isn’t finishing the few chances he gets anyway.

Pomoz

Bench
Because how else do you rank them then?

Paul Green has 2 GF's at a win % of 52?

But has 1/3 the games. Not a true comparison
Not a true comparison because? He has only coached at one club. He inherited a team with JT in his prime. If you measure Ivan at the Panthers he has two GF's and a 58% winning percentage.

You have no respect for a coach taking on a terrible Panthers side, a mediocre Warriors side, an awful Tigers side. But you reckon Greeny goes alright because he did well at a JT led Cowboys. Context is everything when looking at numbers.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Not a true comparison because? He has only coached at one club. He inherited a team with JT in his prime. If you measure Ivan at the Panthers he has two GF's and a 58% winning percentage.

You have no respect for a coach taking on a terrible Panthers side, a mediocre Warriors side, an awful Tigers side. But you reckon Greeny goes alright because he did well at a JT led Cowboys. Context is everything when looking at numbers.
Morgan won that comp not JT. f**k I hate how overrated he is

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm Staines biggest cheerleader but I can see him having a career similar to Bevan French.

Staines plays way tougher. Bevan was having games where he wouldn't chalk up much over 50mtrs on a consistent basis.
Staines needs to add 5kgs and will be fine

Everyone is forgetting the Kikau factor. There's always two markers for him which leaves a gap on that side. Why do you think everyone stands off Luia when he has the ball - they are waiting for Kikau to get it...
It’s a big factor. Critta was centre of the year playing on that side as a rookie. Burton was centre of the year playing on that side as a rookie (out of position). Tago is going gang busters as a rookie. Get a lot of space on that side of the field.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Everyone is forgetting the Kikau factor. There's always two markers for him which leaves a gap on that side. Why do you think everyone stands off Luia when he has the ball - they are waiting for Kikau to get it...
I would love to know who replaces Kikau? Martin, Hopgood, C Smith, Tago in 2 years etc or we go to market which to me is unlikely?

No chance
I am not sorry that we have moved on from Api, as I think what he did last year was quite disruptive and not consistent with the culture being built.

However, I initially thought he would be easy to replace. But watching him closely last weekend, what struck me is the length and quality of distribution from the ground and defence (both technique and line speed). Ironically I think Kenny can do the same in attack that Api provides, but he does not offer the same as Api in these two areas. I think there is going to be more of a drop-off in performance than I initially thought if we run with Mitch.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I am not sorry that we have moved on from Api, as I think what he did last year was quite disruptive and not consistent with the culture being built.

However, I initially thought he would be easy to replace. But watching him closely last weekend, what struck me is the length and quality of distribution from the ground and defence (both technique and line speed). Ironically I think Kenny can do the same in attack that Api provides, but he does not offer the same as Api in these two areas. I think there is going to be more of a drop-off in performance than I initially thought if we run with Mitch.
Form hooker in the comp. We 100% need a signing to cover him. Kenny has been looking a bit better in the pack so he might be the 14 we go with moving forward but he'll never be a starting 9 imo