What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Wrap Up

adamkungl

Immortal
Very enjoyable game. Our forward pack monstered the more seasoned Warriors pack, Pearce and Anasta created good opportunities and our backs pretty much ran riot. We could have gone into half time up by 30 with a bit of luck. Poor Sam Perrett crossed 3 times for 0 points :lol:

Good

Everything! Where did this come from? I knew the attitude was there but the fluency in attack was unexpected. More backline moves please, and bring on Moga!

Bad

Second half discipline I suppose. But they made up for it in defence, never cracked.

Ugly

The Peaheart 15 who took a slo-mo dive after getting love tapped by JWH. Should be ashamed to show up to training on Monday.

3 2 1

Hard to pick this one...

3 Mitch Aubusson
2 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
1 Sammy Perrett, the poor bastard scored 3 tries he deserves at least 1 point :lol:

sputneek

Juniors
There are so many players who deserve points but I think I can pick my top 3:

3. Frank-Paul Nuuausala: Played out of his skin tonight, and I'm not usually his biggest fan. Especially in the back end of the game, kept putting shots on and made lots of metres in attack.

2. Mitchell Pearce: His kicking game was top notch last night, thanks to the go forward of Kennedy, JWH and the others. Even nearly scored a try himself, and actually showed some glimpses of creativity.

1. Anthony Minichiello: Another player that had a revival last night. So good to see him hitting gaps and making great metres and not getting rag dolled back.

The highlight for me was seeing sweeping backline plays with decoy runners and Pearce looking threatening which took the crowd and Warriors by surprise. I think we all have agreed the defence is fine, Melbourne will flog better teams than us, but to see the energy and spark in attack was great.

3 FPN - his best game since the Titans semi. If only he would do that every week!
2 Maubs - just another Maubs game
1 Pearce - I thought he looked dangerous and kicked very well tonight.

The entire team besides Frienf deserves 1 point though.

adamkungl

Immortal
Better teams have lost far worse to shitter teams than Melbourne. If that makes sense.

One example - Us v Bulldogs round 3 2010...

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Great win off the back of the molestation the cheats gave us last week..

Our pigs keep improving and as we all saw,were awesome last night..MK,JWH & FPN probably now deserve to be referred to by their full names..Even Tasi ran for over 100m off limited game time..

They are going to create plenty of havoc over the next year & beyond..

Pearce played like we all knew (& hoped) he could..He was in everything..

Taka continues to impress..He's surprised me with the amount of footy he's got in him..

Maubs is just CLASS..I selfishly hope we don't lose him to Origin..

Anasta stayed out of the way,& thus didn't clog our attack up..He defended well,& did his job..

Mini may not be the player he once was but it can never be doubted that he has a heart the size of Pharlap..

SKD continues to show the mix of class & unco-ness (if that is a word) that we've come to expect..More class last night though..

So the 3,2,1 stuff is even harder to do after that win than it was after the Cheats rape of us..But here we go;

3 JWH..He was a man possesed out there (as he has been all season so far) & has become our most important forward..Lets hope we announce his retention soon..Morley-like last night..

2 Pearce..He was in everything we did attack-wise & barely made a mistake..Smith heeded the fans calls for some game structure & set plays & Mitchell took to them like a duck to water..He may be a work in progress still (& i know that frustrates some fans) but i'm glad he plays for us..

0.5 Points each MK & FNP..I couldn't split these 2 & i'd love to see Frankie play like that on a consistent basis..Call me mad but if we don't get Mozz back from the Old Dart then i see Marty as our next captain..

That's my 2 bobs worth..

Sensational way for the boys to hit back after an embarrassing performance..

My hangover is a baaaad one ATM,but the win & the massive fry-up the missus put on are making it a lot less painful..

The asprin is helping too..Another coldie or 2 will be the ultimate cure..

Go Easts..

Tommy Smith

Referee
I dont want to get too carried away. The Warriors were AWFUL. The Eels would have beaten them by 20 last night.

I just hope this doesn't concinve Smithy to delay Moga's entry. He should come straight in when he's fit (if that happens) and take Leilua's spot.

I also don't know what Mortimer has done to be dropped. Id still prefer him at 5/8 with Anasta either pushed into lock or shipped off to the Tigers early.

3. FPN. Hopefully we dont have to wait another 18 months for that kind of performance.
2. Aubusson. What a gun. Taking age into account I wouldn't trade him for any backrower in the comp.
1. Pearce. His best game of the season. Actually showed plenty in attack for once.

Monk

Referee
Looks like Anthony Mitchell is gunning for the starting hooker spot.

Friends slipped off the pace.

Rooster Legend

Juniors
Finally. Our best performance of the season by a long way.

Pearce was amazing but he would still miss out on my top 3, that's how good we played.

Kennedy - 3
Mini - 2
JWH - 1

H.H

Juniors
Surprised at the lack of points for JWH. He was simply colossal, played almost 70 minites and dominated every involvement he had. Needs to be re-signed asap, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST. My points are:

3 - JWH
2- Marty Kennedy
1- Mini.

Honourable mentions to FPN, Pearce, Aubs and Taka.

Valheru

Coach
Wonderful performance by the boys this weekend and a thoroughly deserved victory. The Warriors were bad but you can only beat who you play and the forwards dominated all game.

I was at an engagement party that night so it marked the 1st home game I couldn’t attend and I only saw the 1 hour “replay” on foxsports so my 3 2 1 may look a bit different but based on what I saw…

3 Mini
2 Maubs
1 JWH

G.I.

Juniors
Moga's NYC stats are unreal. 13 runs for 228 m including 2 linebreaks and a try, 8 tackle breaks, 9 tackles none missed :shock:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
3 - JWH. An absolutely massive performance from our pack leader. Said it on game night but he must be a priority for the club. Get him signed ASAP.

2 - FPN. Where has that intensity been for the last 18 months. Bent the line all night and was hitting hard all night. Gee I hope he's turned the corner and is now ready to do that every week.

1 - Mini. Was everywhere and looked so hungry for the ball. Game typified by the kick and chase to trap topou in goal all on his own.

Could have easily given Kennedy, Pearce, Taka, Maubs and Mitchell points aswell.
Very encouraging performance from the whole team, let's hope that intensity and energy turn up again against the Tits.

condochook

Juniors
The highlight for me was seeing sweeping backline plays with decoy runners and Pearce looking threatening which took the crowd and Warriors by surprise. I think we all have agreed the defence is fine, Melbourne will flog better teams than us, but to see the energy and spark in attack was great.

3 FPN - his best game since the Titans semi. If only he would do that every week!
2 Maubs - just another Maubs game
1 Pearce - I thought he looked dangerous and kicked very well tonight.

The entire team besides Frienf deserves 1 point though.

Jake has a busted/bruised sternum