What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 | Knights 24-20 Sharks @ Ausgrid | Sunday 17th April 2011

Knights vs Sharks (R6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Lulia might surprise a few. he surprised me in the trials. don't hold your breath for it or anything... just trying to provide a bit of hope where there otherwise may not be any.

EdLondon

Juniors
I agree. Lulia has been very impressive for the Centurians this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing if the form carries over.

perverse

Referee
i don't understand the Lulia hate as much as Tolar hate, Ciraldo hate, etc. i don't think he's been nearly as bad as the blokes he gets lumped in with.

I don't get the Lulia hate at all, his solid without being spectacular, you'd think he was George Carmont or Craig Hall.

Haffa

I thought Lulia had some good runs against Norths. His hands are safer then Wes.

Serc

First Grade
Isnt Tolar supposed to be injured too?

Good point, no idea who we'd bring in...starting props for Centurions are Cruise Wilson and Sinbad Kali, with Ailaomai and Sims starting for NYC...

Actually, Edwards to prop rotation and Karawana to lock? Still need to bring someone extra onto the bench though.

i don't understand the Lulia hate as much as Tolar hate, Ciraldo hate, etc. i don't think he's been nearly as bad as the blokes he gets lumped in with.

x2, by and large has has been quite an adequate depth player, and filled in decently more often than not.

Silent Knight

First Grade

It's not so much that I hate Lulia. In fact he doesn't give me any cause to hate him, it's just that I really don't rate him. I've never seen him do anything at FG level from memory where I considered he deserves a regular starting spot. I view him as a depth signing, nothing more. I just see his name on the team list and feel unenthusiastic about what he is capable of bringing to our team. And I don't think he's going to create any opportunities for Uate to score. I'm happy to eat my words if it turns out otherwise.

The Tolar and Ciraldo hate is genuine though. Oh how I loathe the fact that these nuffies get more opportunities in FG than they truly deserve. Every time I see Tolar "hit" the line or Ciraldo make yet another missed tackle or drop the ball I cringe. Lulia doesn't make me cringe, I just don't see anything great about him. In an injury crisis however, I'm happy to see a depth signing like him get brought up to plug a gap. So you're right we shouldn't lump Lulia in with the same nuffies association that Tolar and Ciraldo are proud members of.

If we were at full strength and at a pinch we needed to bring Lulia in to cover centre, I wouldn't even be worried. But the fact that we may only have 1 player (Mullen) out of our original round 1 spine still playing in his preferred position this weekend suggests we are nowhere near full strength.

Pika

Bench
Just on DeGois.

Strained bicep tendon, not torn or ruptured.

The sad face on Monday was because when he asked the Doc how long the response was 4 weeks if its strained, the season if its ruptured.

4 weeks for DeGois.

Just on DeGois.

Strained bicep tendon, not torn or ruptured.

The sad face on Monday was because when he asked the Doc how long the response was 4 weeks if its strained, the season if its ruptured.

4 weeks for DeGois.

Best news I've heard today... when I saw him walk off I just looked at the missus and said 'season'.

slotmachine

First Grade
So we're going to see;

Naiqama/Shannon
Jimmy Mac
Sau
Lulia/Naiqama
Uate
Gidley
Mullen
Tui
Hilder
Kafusi
Houston
Mika
Edwards

Karawana
Tolar
Fa'aoso
Taufua

doggone

Juniors
Gee we are going to need to be on our toes. The Sharks can hurt teams if they are not well prepared.

Johns Magic

Referee
So we're going to see;

Naiqama/Shannon
Jimmy Mac
Sau
Lulia/Naiqama
Uate
Gidley
Mullen
Tui
Hilder
Kafusi
Houston
Mika
Edwards

Karawana
Tolar
Fa'aoso
Taufua

LOL, Edwards has gone from not being able to get a gig to being our second best forward(arguable, I'll concede) in a fortnight.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Damn...first time I've officially seen Taia mentioned as indefinate (though most of us would've been expecting it).

This is getting like 2007, mass injury fest! So frustrating...I would've given myself a good slapping if I told myself after spanking the Panthers in Round 1 that I'd be tipping the Sharks against us at home in Round 6!

Edit: Geez...I think this is the sort of team are we looking at now if everyone that might be injured, is injured...

1. McDonnell
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Lulia
5. Uate
6. Gidley
7. Mullen
8. Tui
9. Hilder
10. Kaufusi
11. Houston
12. Mika
13. Edwards

14. Karawana
15. Fa'aoso
16. Tolar
17. Southern? Filipo?

Not a great team to be fronting Ausgrid Stadium given whats happened this week...feel sorry for the players (and the coaching staff)...can see a lot of the punters out there thinking "Uncle Benny can't come here soon enough!"

Hmm might be a good week to pick up Gallen in my fantasy team, he may very well tear it up lol
Jumper numbers are wrong ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts