What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 V Cowboys

Guys just thought 1 thread would be best to talk about who should be in this week.

Anasta is apparently looking at 1 week only - Austin gets his chance, I assume.

Tedesco - I think the best option would be to leave the centres alone and bring in a winger, Nofoaluma to fullback and bring up either of the Fijians.

Get big Taqele Naiyaravoro in there on the wing. He'd compliment the rest of the team well with his size and aggression.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I think Simona will be fullback and Lulia will likely move into centres. That's the least disruptive.

Austin has it all to prove in one game

gronkathon

First Grade
I just hope he doesn't view it that way.

Needs to be mindful of the teams needs and not just impressing

Tigers Tale

Juniors
If Austin does get a run he will be up against the best 5/8 in the world. If he comes out of this game looking good it will go a long way to earning the gig full time...

magpie guy

Juniors
It will most likely be:

1. Simona
2. Nufo
3. Luila
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Austin

Makes sense

I'm with you on this one. Least positional changes required. Really looking forward to seeing how Austin will go. If the forwards turn up again like they did against Manly and the Rabbits then it will go a long way towards him having a good game.

It will most likely be:

1. Simona
2. Nufo
3. Luila
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Austin

Makes sense

This team does seem like the logical choice,will be interesting to see how Austin plays,i hope he does well.I am still not convinced on Lulia as he reminds me of Ayshford,slow in attack and a arm grabber in defence.:D

BrotherJim05

Bench
Does anyone know how big Ava is doing? I would like to see him continue his bench impact but best be safe as we have people to replace him. Wouldn't mind seeing Brown get a run off the bench.

Also, I really don't want to see Nofu at Fullback. Yes he is excellent under the high ball but he just doesn't have that spark in attack that we would receive from Simona.
Nofu is a finisher. He basically excels at catching the ball and putting it down over the line. Seems simple but he's very very good at it.

Simona is just freakish. The way he turns opposition inside out would be devastating given the open space he would receive at fullback. He also has experience in the position (Nufo has never played fullback) and is much faster than Nufo.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
1. Simona
2. Nofo
3. Fine
4. Lawrence
5. Richards

6. Austin
7. Brooks

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Ava (If out BMM)
16. Gavet
17. Akouala

WT Unity

Juniors
It will most likely be:

1. Simona
2. Nufo
3. Luila
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Austin

Makes sense

I think this is the best option. Least disruptive, plus Lulia has been part of things so far this year so he knows the plays and (despite what has been posted by a couple of other posters) I think his defence is solid and while he is not overly flash in attack it might provide Simona with a great opportunity to shine and hopefully have a blinder. But whoever goes back to FB will be tested by JT's kicking game.

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Simona
2. Nofo
3. Fine
4. Lawrence
5. Richards

6. Austin
7. Brooks

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Ava (If out BMM)
16. Gavet
17. Akouala

I would have the same but slightly different Bench

14. Taupau
15. Ava (If out Brown)
16. Gavet
17. Patterson (as he can cover as Center if needed)

My reasoning is that we have excelled with the 3 props on the bench rotation and I reckon we should stick with this. It is in this situation that we are really missing Halutau. He would be the perfect utility bench spot in this situation.

gronkathon

First Grade
Rumour Mill is pumping that Kurtis Rowe is replacing Tedesco.

If so I dead set give up. The worst player on the field in every State Cup game he has played in.

Worse ball returner then Moltzen, makes one tackle in 10 and even when he does it is rarely good contact and surrenders at the line when playing inside at the ruck

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Rumour Mill is pumping that Kurtis Rowe is replacing Tedesco.

If so I dead set give up. The worst player on the field in every State Cup game he has played in.

Worse ball returner then Moltzen, makes one tackle in 10 and even when he does it is rarely good contact and surrenders at the line when playing inside at the ruck

This concerns me greatly. Tedesco's injury couldn't come at a worse time really. Looking at the next 5 games if we play like we did against Manly we could possibly win 4 and give the 5th a real shake.

Without counting my chickens too early, if we could have 14/16 points after 10 rounds we can really chase a spot in the 8 bearing in mind the second half of our draw gets tougher....hope I haven't jinxed the team saying this.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Would surprise me if true. I've seen a few state cup games and Rowe hasn't looked anything like first grade standard, I also thought he was shit in the 9s, a format that should have suited his game.

I like that potter thinks like for like in replacement. But Lulia in and Simona at 1 causes very few disruptions considering Lulia has played 4 of the 5 games at right center and Simona has shown in his fill ins that he is capable at the back. But still when the backup seems a mile off first grade sometimes a little shuffle isn't the worst thing.

Latest posts