What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 V Cowboys

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that Teddy is injured, he's likely to waltz in and proclaim he's injury prone and we should never have let Shannon McDonnell go

The only time i have seen Rowe was in the 9's,can still picture Willy Mason swatting him to score a try.Have heard comments that he carries on like Moltzen which is the last thing we need .

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I guess the thinking is that if Tedesco is out for 6+ weeks then we need a long term replacement. Would be disruptive to move Simona or Richards there for that long. So Rowe gets his chance to prove himself. If he can't perform I imagine they will go for a plan B.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Any ideas how they can get some more interest out there mate?

They are a young team with potential having a go

If they are on the nose in their first game of the year they play there, it is extremely concerning.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I like that potter thinks like for like in replacement. But Lulia in and Simona at 1 causes very few disruptions considering Lulia has played 4 of the 5 games at right center and Simona has shown in his fill ins that he is capable at the back. But still when the backup seems a mile off first grade sometimes a little shuffle isn't the worst thing.

I think that Potter wants Simona to lock down the right center position. He actually mentioned it in the pre-season that he wants Simona to learn to play right center and I'm thinking this is because he still holds Lawrence in high regard.

My guess is that Rowe will get 2-4 games to prove he is up to FG standard. I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire but if he can show he is a safe option then he is a perfect depth player until he gets more experience.

Austin though only has the one game to prove himself. Obviously don't want to add pressure but the reality of the situation is that if he doesn't set the world on fire Anasta will automatically get the 6 jersey back. I'm really hoping that Austin plays his best...alot of potential with this bloke.

Matchball

Bench
OK if there is a poor crowd then what do we take from that ? Penrith seem to be in the same boat , I just dont understand why :(

Too expensive for families once you include the shit ground food.
Those area's are welfare recipient havens with no expendable income.

innsaneink

Referee
Too expensive for families once you include the shit ground food.
Those area's are welfare recipient havens with no expendable income.

Ten buck GA tix on offer....

Maybe if they got off their fat arses, went to Coles or woolies and bought some tomatos ham & bread itd be cheaper

Next excuse

But you have a point matchball....I work with a bloke from Cambo who wants all the OT, reckons he cant put food on the table despite buying a packet of durries @$20 odd per day

Last edited:

DanOz

Juniors
Playing interstate teams obviously affects the crowd. There will be bugger all Cowboy supporters compared to the 30-40% of opposition supporters you would expect playing a Sydney team like all the matches scheduled for Leichhardt this year.

Night footy also reduces the crowd as less families / kids attend night games, and Campbelltown has no day matches this year unlike Leichhardt.

And then there is the rain. Last year when you compare apples with apples, Leichhardt got a crowd of 7125 against the Cowboys, and 5288 against the Storm. When you play interstate teams, at night, in bad weather, the crowds will be low regardless of where the match is played.

DanOz

Juniors
As an aside, Grant Mayer on Twitter promoted last weeks game at Leichhardt oval over 20 times. Conversely, the amount of times he has promoted this weeks game on Twitter (last check was about 7pm last night) is a big fat 0. I am sure it is just an oversight though...

innsaneink

Referee
LOL at your twitter figures...youre so full of shit

Manly fans do NOT travel - we all kno that

Tomorrow is Sunday, its school holidays...yet familys still wont go eh?

It rained last week at LO

DanOz

Juniors
LOL at your twitter figures...youre so full of shit

Manly fans do NOT travel - we all kno that

Tomorrow is Sunday, its school holidays...yet familys still wont go eh?

It rained last week at LO

Feel free to post his personal promotions. He re-tweeted other peoples tweets, but did not personally promote the game once. If you can correct me it will make me happy. All I want is equality.

There was at least 30% Manly fans at the game on Sunday. And that is a conservative figure. And yes, families tend not to bring young kids to the footy at night in the wet. At EITHER ground. That is a no brainer.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
They seemed happy to take them to LO in the rain during the day

I dont do twitter regulalrly....but I replied to him promoting the Cowboys game only this morning....so your zero tweets is like most of your posts - BS

30% manly fans...PMSL

I agree Mayer has failed this week, he had plenty of opportunity to promote further the special deal youre obviously still unaware of for todays game - on the official WTs website & Facebook page as well...yet hes restricted it to twitter only...f**k knos why

DanOz

Juniors
They seemed happy to take them to LO in the rain during the day

I dont do twitter regulalrly....but I replied to him promoting the Cowboys game only this morning....so your zero tweets is like most of your posts - BS

30% manly fans...PMSL

I agree Mayer has failed this week, he had plenty of opportunity to promote further the special deal youre obviously still unaware of for todays game - on the official WTs website & Facebook page as well...yet hes restricted it to twitter only...f**k knos why
Please post the Twitter promotion here - let me know what I missed. And it appears you missed me saying the last I checked was yesterday. You can attack me personally all you like, you are entitled to your opinion and frankly I couldn't care less what it is. Lets see how tonights crowd compares with the identical match at Leichhardt against the Cowboys in the rain last year - 7125 is the number.

Last edited:

Latest posts