What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

since77

Juniors
Love it. Maybe some of you knockers may be now wishing Mary was still here. One thing is certain.. he'd see that his poor selections were not bearing fruit and change them before too much damage was done. The bloke was a true believer.. he bled red and white like us diehards. Griffin is blind to anything other than backing the blokes he brought with him.
Trust me dude, as bad as things are, no one will ever want Mary anywhere near here again.

Vinnie

Juniors
Hooks needs to be well and truly Hooked (Pardon the Pun) He's time is done the game is different and faster now his methods are last year not even yesterday. Can't they see this ??? Cant they see the top clubs have younger coaches with modernized approaches. We look to the future by signing 30+ year old discards and let our all juniors and prospect go to other clubs ! And now it looks like Amone will probably be next ! good enough for Bennett but hey not Hook but then i guess Hooks, McGregor and all the other great choices our brilliant board have made since Bennett are so much better than Bennett ha ha
And then they go and resign Hook after his great performances 1 win in what last 13 games WOW i guess we are proactive aren't we !!! So if those great STAT and performance ratio and fan dissatisfaction warrant Hooks resigning I ask what warrant termination ???

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Hooks needs to be well and truly Hooked (Pardon the Pun) He's time is done the game is different and faster now his methods are last year not even yesterday. Can't they see this ??? Cant they see the top clubs have younger coaches with modernized approaches. We look to the future by signing 30+ year old discards and let our all juniors and prospect go to other clubs ! And now it looks like Amone will probably be next ! good enough for Bennett but hey not Hook but then i guess Hooks, McGregor and all the other great choices our brilliant board have made since Bennett are so much better than Bennett ha ha
And then they go and resign Hook after his great performances 1 win in what last 13 games WOW i guess we are proactive aren't we !!! So if those great STAT and performance ratio and fan dissatisfaction warrant Hooks resigning I ask what warrant termination ???
Easy @Vinnie . At the moment the Amone talk is just an unsubstantiated Buzz rumour. I won't believe it until it comes from a much more reliable source. Amone is contracted at least until the end of next year, so Bennett shouldn't be even sounding him out until November 1st.

Dragon David

First Grade
Easy @Vinnie . At the moment the Amone talk is just an unsubstantiated Buzz rumour. I won't believe it until it comes from a much more reliable source. Amone is contracted at least until the end of next year, so Bennett shouldn't be even sounding him out until November 1st.
If the rumours are right that Bennett is having a "close look" at Amone, he must see that Amone has talent and Bennett would know to improve his talent to be a top 5/8th. But, yeah, don't jump the gun Wayne - Amone still has until the end of 2023 with us.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Pick amone keep amone
Pick Sloan keep Sloan
Pick Sullivan keep Sullivan
We will never know if we don't f@#ing try Benny at hooker still has the ball in his hands the most, he picks either left or right has to be better than the shit they have been dishing up it's killing me

Old Timer

Coach
If Hook is staggering the young players games wouldn't the Newcastle game be perfect for all of them to play ? Obviously against Rorters give one or 2 a rest back in ressies. At least then we could see a plan.
The trouble is if they have a "reasonable" game then dropping them against the chooks is not being very supportive and if they have a a shocker against the chooks you probably set them back again.

So if you get past the chooks and pick and stick the only game left to potentially not play them is the Storm.

We have pretty much had top 6 teams as opponents other than the Warriors who might be smokies for the 8 so how many games should we realistically have expected to win?

Our best effort was in fact against the Panthers and that was basically because they were not at their best.

So in the end there is much logic in waiting to get past the best sides and then let the young guns loose to do their stuff and learn by their mistakes.

Hopefully we encounter the best sides again during SOO and then there will be no need to drop them back to ressies either.

Looking at other clubs 19 year old's and how they go the cream rises to the top but not without some flies landing on it however perhaps their dedication to the task ahead of them is just a bit better than some of our youngsters ore perhaps ours are just not quite as good as we think they are.

Always easy to blame the coach (not saying you are) but let's not forget he gets to see all the facets that need to be polished to become a top line NRL player not just junior highlight reels or a few flashy instances in the odd NRL game or 2.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The trouble is if they have a "reasonable" game then dropping them against the chooks is not being very supportive and if they have a a shocker against the chooks you probably set them back again.

So if you get past the chooks and pick and stick the only game left to potentially not play them is the Storm.

We have pretty much had top 6 teams as opponents other than the Warriors who might be smokies for the 8 so how many games should we realistically have expected to win?

Our best effort was in fact against the Panthers and that was basically because they were not at their best.

So in the end there is much logic in waiting to get past the best sides and then let the young guns loose to do their stuff and learn by their mistakes.

Hopefully we encounter the best sides again during SOO and then there will be no need to drop them back to ressies either.

Looking at other clubs 19 year old's and how they go the cream rises to the top but not without some flies landing on it however perhaps their dedication to the task ahead of them is just a bit better than some of our youngsters ore perhaps ours are just not quite as good as we think they are.

Always easy to blame the coach (not saying you are) but let's not forget he gets to see all the facets that need to be polished to become a top line NRL player not just junior highlight reels or a few flashy instances in the odd NRL game or 2.

So you're saying Hook's master strategy is to get the team playing poorly, make sure no-one gets selected for SOO, and hide our gun juniors by playing them in the lower grades. Then when Origin comes around, we have all our best players available, we can spring an ambush, stun the other sides and make a run for the finals.

Sounds like a Dragons plan.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I am going to put $10 on the boys tomorrow to down the Knights . That will require the players to get up off their behinds , show some spirit and also pride in the jersey they are wearing and play the footy that they are capable off .

Dragons by 8 😇

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
So you're saying Hook's master strategy is to get the team playing poorly, make sure no-one gets selected for SOO, and hide our gun juniors by playing them in the lower grades. Then when Origin comes around, we have all our best players available, we can spring an ambush, stun the other sides and make a run for the finals.

Sounds like a Dragons plan.
No what I'm saying is that if there is any logic to what we do re current selections then what might that logic be and I am trying to draw some sort of plausible scenario.

The trouble is we have to wait a little longer to know and in the end if there is no logic then disregard any positive posts I might have made in relation to anything about the club, coach or players.