What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Souths

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We just can’t get any luck at the moment.

Dusty second try. Looked forward to me.

Ridiculous Double movement penalty.

Sam Burgess milks a penalty.

Obvious knock on missed.

You just don’t get those calls when you’re trying to dig yourself outta a hole.

Sux

age.s

First Grade
Really unlucky. They played well and should hold their heads up high. Souths are a good team who are unstoppable when the refs explicitly hand them the match. Still a bit too Ill disciplined but the attack looked much better and we look much better conditioned physically when we aren't dropping the ball every other set.

Mansour is still a big issue. Forget the bomb drop, forget being allergic to bombs in general, overrunning Blake after he did really well to get his arms free was criminal from a NRL winger. I don't know what options we have but it's a pretty obvious, glaring weakness.

Really like the rest of the team though. We look better with Egan playing big minutes and Egan + Katoa at the same time worked better than I would have thought. Halves both played well. DWZ made a poor read for the first try but I don't think he could have done much for Walkers try and I really like having him further in field. Aekins was good and even RCG put in a decent shift while on the field.

We're getting there.

snickers007

Juniors
The Klein factor does it again. Totally and utterly ripped off by the pathetic worm!
Annesley needs to drop him or send him to ESL where he might learn to ref.

Funnily enough, Klein cut his teeth in the ESL, and at that stage was the best referee in the world. When he came back to Aus to ref in the NRL, they coached all the common sense out of him.

age.s

First Grade
54% possession. 400 more running metres... Yet people blame the refs. All on Ivan and those 17 pretenders in jersey's

Oh f**k off mate.

They were garbage one way in key moments that directly affected points scored in a close match between two teams playing great footy.

If you can't call them biased peices of shit when they ruin a game like that when can you?

franklin2323

Immortal
Oh f**k off mate.

They were garbage one way in key moments that directly affected points scored in a close match between two teams playing great footy.

If you can't call them biased peices of shit when they ruin a game like that when can you?

One set I saw. Granted the only set I saw. Inside the 10 attacking. Cleary runs it. Next tackle Egan runs into 4 players on the last.

I suppose that was the ref too?

rem286

Juniors
One set I saw. Granted the only set I saw. Inside the 10 attacking. Cleary runs it. Next tackle Egan runs into 4 players on the last.

That was a dogshit option from Egan and his team mates let him know from what I could see.

age.s

First Grade

And f**k man, you saw one set and you're willing to call it all on the pretenders in Panthers jerseys?

Vicpanther

Juniors
I dunno I could just be a old faithful but considering what's happened at the club the last few months we are starting to fire. I think we played well tonight against a strong top 4 team who was getting help from the whistle.
If we fight the same way against the raiders we will win.

rem286

Juniors
The worst thing about the biased penalties or missed knock on calls tonight was the timing. It always seemed to be when we had momentum and looked like going on with it.

franklin2323

Immortal
That was a dogshit option from Egan and his team mates let him know from what I could see.

5 dropouts we created. 60% territory

Ashley Klein is an ordinary ref but there was plenty of chances to win it.

We had less errors than them. Only lost the penalty count 8-6

box57l

Juniors
A much better effort. A bunch of bad plays and basic errors, with the possession in the opp 20 we should have won easily. But.... that doesnt excuse the BS of shitty penalties at bad times, Klein couldn't get the whistle out quick enough when Burgess touched his neck.

BxTom

Bench

You only saw one set and you are calling the whole team pretenders? I guess that you consider quantity of post better than quality of posts.