What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Warriors at WIN

Victoire

Juniors
It will be a huge test for the Saints as I feel the Warriors are a gun side and can win the premiership this season. One thing I really hope is if Saints lose, not to lose by many. I am hating these floggings after a win. I would love the Saints to win of course, but if they lose by 6 or less that will be a good result for me as well.
Yeah I'd like to see a tough performance, one way or the other. The team showed a bit of resilience with things not going their way at times last week so hopefully they can take it up a notch on Friday. Keen to get out there and see

Honestly at the start of the week I thought this game was a write off, I'd basically accepted this just isn't a game our side can win because we aren't there yet. But the team the warriors named.. the starting 13 is fantastic, but their bench is all over the shop. They've got injuries, so they are there to be taken on. Once AFB goes off, that's probably when we can beat them if we're going to. It will still be a tough game no doubt. We're on a five day turnaround, but Warriors are on six days after playing a full 90 minute draw and travelling, so that would've taken a toll.

It's risky, especially after a five day turnaround and the fact we'll be playing 3 games in 12 days, I don't want Liddle to get injured, but I'd at least give some thought to bringing in another middle on the bench and hoping Lids can push out 80 again. I think if we've got 4 middles on the bench to rotate throughout the game and keep fresh, we're every chance given how weakened the Warriors bench is. Dolphins did it to us in round 2, their forwards were all kept fresh and they just didn't let up the whole game. Luc is a big out for us too in this one.. anyone know if he's expected back for ANZAC Day?
Good point re. their 90 minute game last week. Their staring middles played 90 miutes (Egan), 80 (Harris), 75 (AFB), 65 (Barnett). This is definitely a good time to play them. We have to hold the ball and go through the middle, target Egan and wear him out.

It will be an interesting battle as their gameplan is to kick to the corners, chase hard, and keep the other team pinned in their own 20. Johnson often kicks to the right corner (our left) so we'll need Suli to have a big game coming out of our end. If Sloan/CT do a decent job on kick returns, and Suli can follow them up, we can build momentum through the set. If not, they won't get bored bashing us. They have become a very disciplined team.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Suli does not get enough clean ball from the halves.
They only want to play down the right side which is annoying. Suli shits all over Bird as a centre.
Our big problem areas are front row and right centre.
Bird has done ok at centre, better than I expected. A centre has to be able to pass, Bird set Lomax up with a nice catch and pass - just as a centre should. Suli does not pass, limits our attack to one side and gives his winger nothing. He needs to either learn to set up his teammates or move into the pack and start working hard.

Dragon David

First Grade
Seems a definite.. we wouldnt run 4 forwards.. huge call after 1 training session, but Brown probably wont do long minutes.. I feel bad for Marschke.. but hes probably still in the frame should Kyle or Benny get injured.
Yes, I don't think Marschke has had enough time playing in the first grade but every time I see him, he does do a pretty good job. Flanno knows Brown's capabilities and if he is ready to play, I think they had a training session yesterday and no doubt Brown would have had a good workout and Flanno would see if he is ready to hit the WIN pitch on Friday night.

Little Molo & Lawrie coming off the bench will install fear in the opposition. Molo really has to show us something here to justify Flannos love,

would have preferred one of the Couchman’s and either Tui or Fifita but Flanno picks the team and watches the players train every day.

So for now I am happy to support the coach’s selections.

Once the younger players reach a consistent NRL standard I am confident Flanno will consider them for selection

Victoire

Juniors
Game day and I'm feeling fresh this morning! I feel we can do it. With Nu Brown giving Liddle a rest we might be a better chance of containing Egan late in the game. Plus the Warriors, coming off a 90 minute game as mentioned, also have a weaker, greener bench than usual. They could be vulnerable here! Let's gone Dragons

BLM01

First Grade
this team don’t know how to use him. They just use him as a battering ram out of our own end to make metres that our fowards cant. Him and rava see no ball in the opposition 20
Not true
We just don’t get in the opposition 20 enough
But we have moved from favouring Sulis side to Birds side when attacking the line or when we go left Silis play us yo cut back under or inside

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Tipped the Dragons by 4 tonight
Hopefully we too play for 80
Forecast rain later todsy
Let’s hope it holds out as we know the Drags are not good on a wet track
Is it? The radar I checked had cloudy, but clear conditions in Wollongong all day

However, I concede I'm no Tim Bailey

Phantom V

Juniors
Game day and I'm feeling fresh this morning! I feel we can do it. With Nu Brown giving Liddle a rest we might be a better chance of containing Egan late in the game. Plus the Warriors, coming off a 90 minute game as mentioned, also have a weaker, greener bench than usual. They could be vulnerable here! Let's gone Dragons
Would love a win against the Wahs. I reckon we can claim a couple of big scalps this year so why not start tonight with a big home crowd behind us.