What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Manly - Play of the Day

emjaycee

Coach
At the risk of being branded a Hindy111 for starting useless threads, I reckon it would be good to have a regular thread where we get to nominate/share our "Play of the Match" from each Parra game.

I'll kick it off with what I reckon was the best play from Sunday's game against Manly.
It was in the 2nd half around the 15th minute of play and Moses chipped kicked and caught TurboTom in-goal for a drop out.
The actual play that I liked wasn't the kick, but was Mennings quick chat with Moses. He grabs him as they are walking back and I reckon he lets Moses know that TT had been in the line earlier in the set and to try the same kick again.

Sure enough, 3rd tackle into the new set and Moses chips again this time Mennings is aware, runs through and scores.
Good call Mennings. Well executed Mitchell.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TkzqyoEFOAjY1MoC3L-Q30fpVMj18a-o

Last edited:
At the risk of being branded a Hindy111 for starting useless threads, I reckon it would be good to have a regular thread where we get to nominate/share our "Play of the Day" from each Parra game.

I'll kick it off with what I reckon was the best play from Sunday's game against Manly.
It was in the 2nd half around the 15th minute of play and Moses chipped kicked and caught TurboTom in-goal for a drop out.
The actual play that I liked wasn't the kick, but was Mennings quick chat with Moses. He grabs him as they are walking back and I reckon he lets Moses know that TT had been in the line earlier in the set and to try the same kick again.

Sure enough, 3rd tackle into the new set and Moses chips again this time Mennings is aware, runs through and scores.

Let's hope we see more and more of it.

jk13

First Grade
I’ll vote for kaysa’s try, could’ve played the penalty but kept going and broke Manlys spirit. It was similar to watching Ralph wigums heart break

Gazzamatta

Coach
Your selection MJC has definite merit. I did notice the chat. It worked perfectly.
My preference however is the Gutho try. He had absolutely no right to be where he was to score that try. I stand by my earlier comment that no other Eels player would have got themselves into that position to score. Gutho dosent play, Moses dies with the ball. All hail King Gutho.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
At the risk of being branded a Hindy111 for starting useless threads, I reckon it would be good to have a regular thread where we get to nominate/share our "Play of the Day" from each Parra game.

Good thread idea mate. I like it.

emjaycee

Coach
Your selection MJC has definite merit. I did notice the chat. It worked perfectly.
My preference however is the Gutho try. He had absolutely no right to be where he was to score that try. I stand by my earlier comment that no other Eels player would have got themselves into that position to score. Gutho dosent play, Moses dies with the ball. All hail King Gutho.
The good thing is in a 7 try result, there is ideally more than one "play of the match".
All 3 mentioned have merit - more of them all I say.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How many f**ken days of the week do we play?
One.

Calling it 'play of the day' implies we need to come up with one each day though. It also implies that only play per day is allowed which I assume isn't your intention either.

Also, what if we run out of 'plays' from a Friday night game by the following Monday but we don't play again until Saturday? What will the play of the day be on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday?

I take my earlier comment back. This concept has more holes in it than @I'm a loser baby...'s y-fronts.