What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

Sime_11

Juniors
Just depends on which Cronulla defensive attitude turns up - if they play like they did against Melbourne, it will be our toughest game of the season to date.

id be taking the 2 points on offer if we get the chance from the refs - a similar game plan to Nth Queensland should be the order for us.

I have to admit - id love to see Maloney score more points in this game than he did against the cowboys a few weeks back. really rub it in to them what they are missing.

and if Moylan has his worse game for Cronulla to date - that would be mint :p

Heart - Panthers 13+
Head - Panthers by less than 4

Nealo 12

Bench
Our wings will be targeted that's where we leak our points. Sharks won't be lying down they'll be up for this .

Bad Trades

Juniors
This is a game which will show our intent for the remainder of the year. The Sharks will be weakened by the loss of at least 2 of their frontline forwards, probably more. Our forwards have been taking it to the opposition so far, they need to ensure they don’t slacken off this game.

I’m hopeful of a good result, however I still have concerns over that trial loss to the Dogs which we were expected to win easily. I remember a depleted Sharks team giving us a lesson at Penrith not long ago and won’t rest easy until we have the points in the bag.

Go the mighty Panthers, let’s put them to the test!

TheFrog

Coach
Up to 20 votes now. No one backing against us.
No one is fooled by the Sharks team named. Fifita and Graham won't play and Lewis has to be extremely doubtful. It's a reserve grade pack, with a reserve grade bench although it must be said that our record against reserve grade packs isn't so great this year. However, that was a game that didn't matter. This one does.

Yes they will try to beat us out wide, its their only chance, so we must be ready. Lots of cross kicks for Holmes and flying knees I reckon.

I remember a depleted Sharks team giving us a lesson at Penrith not long ago

You forgot to mention that we were at least equally depleted that game. Which we are this game as well, only the Sharks are a forward dominated side, just like us, and all their best forwards are out. We are depleted in the backs and seem to have the depth to cover it. I don't thin k you can easily cover Gallen, Lewis, Graham and Fifita.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
This is a game which will show our intent for the remainder of the year. The Sharks will be weakened by the loss of at least 2 of their frontline forwards, probably more. Our forwards have been taking it to the opposition so far, they need to ensure they don’t slacken off this game.

I’m hopeful of a good result, however I still have concerns over that trial loss to the Dogs which we were expected to win easily. I remember a depleted Sharks team giving us a lesson at Penrith not long ago and won’t rest easy until we have the points in the bag.

Go the mighty Panthers, let’s put them to the test!

The game you are thinking of we were also out some players.

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith's last win in the Shire - golden point in 2012.

giphy.gif

Bad Trades

Juniors
No one is fooled by the Sharks team named. Fifita and Graham won't play and Lewis has to be extremely doubtful. It's a reserve grade pack, with a reserve grade bench although it must be said that our record against reserve grade packs isn't so great this year. However, that was a game that didn't matter. This one does.

Yes they will try to beat us out wide, its their only chance, so we must be ready. Lots of cross kicks for Holmes and flying knees I reckon.

You forgot to mention that we were at least equally depleted that game. Which we are this game as well, only the Sharks are a forward dominated side, just like us, and all their best forwards are out. We are depleted in the backs and seem to have the depth to cover it. I don't thin k you can easily cover Gallen, Lewis, Graham and Fifita.
Agreed Frog, I’m just a tad nervous about this one. Nothing would give me more pleasure than beating the Sharks in the Shire.

Go the mighty Panthers, let’s put them to the test!!

OldPanther

Coach
True, Old Panther. Thankfully we’ve now got better depth to cover our injured guys.

Go the mighty Panthers, let’s put them to the test!!

Yeah I think we have the best depth in the comp right now. No other team goes 5 -1 with the same amount of injuries in my opinion.

Your little sign off line sounds..... familiar :thinking:

mxlegend99

Referee
Sharks really would have to be desperate to risk 3 injured players for a match.

What happens if all 3 get injured again and they're down to a 1 man bench? Or worse for them if they make the injuries worse and miss more of the season.

OldPanther

Coach

What happens if all 3 get injured again and they're down to a 1 man bench? Or worse for them if they make the injuries worse and miss more of the season.

They are definitely taking a big risk.

age.s

First Grade

I'd be unhappy if I was a Sharks fan. Going 2/5 isn't ideal, but they have a bunch of very winnable games coming up (Titans, Eels, Raiders) and to throw half fit players into a game against one of the toughest teams in the comp seems off in the risk/reward stakes.

Latest posts