What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Broncos

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't argue with Broncos fans.
They've all got two heads as Gal once said.
You blokes were robbed blind and everyone knows it.
Thanks mate.

Also with 21secs left there is an image on South Sydney Central and it shows some Broncs are 5m offside!!!!!

They decided the Manly v Raiders game with a penalty but they couldn't do that for ours!!!!!!!

In my heart 26-16 is correct!!!

https://web.facebook.com/Southsydneycentral/?_rdc=1&_rdr

It's about 2-3 posts down the image!!!!!

doyen

Bench
Who exactly are you quoting there??? If you lose grip of the ball, you have to re-grip it before it touches the ground. Touching the ball with one hand as it's falling doesn't mean it is gripped!

If there's no gap between hand & ball,technically,by the rules,it is not a dropped ball or a knock-on!!

alien

Referee

doyen

Bench
I believe you are wrong.

A player who has had possession or touches/touched the ball and knocks the ball forward must regain possession (catch, hold or grip) prior to the ball hitting the ground, another player, goal post or cross bar.
https://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEditor/Documents/NRL15_1651 NRL Laws Interpretations_A4_Brochure_FA_2_Proof.pdf

I'm not wrong as the ball wasn't knocked forward to the ground--the ball was already on the ground.
What the refs are saying is that Milford's right hand controlled;& never left the ball[no gap or dropping],therefore,he still had possession lawfully when his left hand met the ball on the opposite side & consolidated his grip before the ball could travel forward away from his grasp. The ball was scooped on the half-volley.

From the rule mentioned above the key factor is "knocks the ball forward" which doesn't even occur,supposedly,in this instant; as no gap[or dropping] was apparent on video to prove a knock-on, & more importantly, no gap[or dropping] to the referee adjudicating LIVE on the field.

The decision that killed us, & was wrong, was the Moga try!!

I don't really think the ref can be blamed for the Milford "knock-on"[ a half-volley take]!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry Doyen I believe it was a knock on. It's clear to me.

I had a good view at the game and others in my bay saw it live too and we all blew up.

Same thing happened to Josh Reynolds today and the ref pulled it up.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm not wrong as the ball wasn't knocked forward to the ground--the ball was already on the ground.
What the refs are saying is that Milford's right hand controlled;& never left the ball[no gap or dropping],therefore,he still had possession lawfully when his left hand met the ball on the opposite side & consolidated his grip before the ball could travel forward away from his grasp. The ball was scooped on the half-volley.

From the rule mentioned above the key factor is "knocks the ball forward" which doesn't even occur,supposedly,in this instant; as no gap[or dropping] was apparent on video to prove a knock-on, & more importantly, no gap[or dropping] to the referee adjudicating LIVE on the field.

The decision that killed us, & was wrong, was the Moga try!!

I don't really think the ref can be blamed for the Milford "knock-on"[ a half-volley take]!!

It is a knock on mate. Any day of the week that's a knock on. The ball hit his hand, he did not have control of it before it hit the ground and it went forward. I'm
Sorry but trying to argue against this is redundant. Every person who has played rugby league before will tell you that it's a knock on. It's exactly why all the commentators on channel 9 were calling it a knock on and why most of the people who watch it say it's a knock on. The refs give you 1 angle in the review and you believe their right.

I understand they couldn't review it but to go out their and say it's not a knock on is the biggest load of BS ever. Just let the refs admit they made terrible mistakes and move on. I seriously hope the game in general benefits of this game because I don't want to see another team be robbed like we were on friday.

southsport

First Grade
If there's no gap between hand & ball,technically,by the rules,it is not a dropped ball or a knock-on!!

Archer just made that rule up, there was a bobble and separation, everyone saw it except the match officials and Tony Archer.

doyen

Bench
Archer just made that rule up, there was a bobble and separation, everyone saw it except the match officials and Tony Archer.

My first reaction was that it didn't look quite right,[sort of 50/50,ref's call] but when Ray Warren called,"Oh;he's scooped it up on the half volley etc...."

Poor old Ray is my age & could have dodgy eyes like mine are getting but I can see & understand a ref judging that as half-volley pick-up---in live time!! A half volley is OK!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
It is a knock on mate. Any day of the week that's a knock on. The ball hit his hand, he did not have control of it before it hit the ground and it went forward. I'm
Sorry but trying to argue against this is redundant. Every person who has played rugby league before will tell you that it's a knock on. It's exactly why all the commentators on channel 9 were calling it a knock on and why most of the people who watch it say it's a knock on. The refs give you 1 angle in the review and you believe their right.

I understand they couldn't review it but to go out their and say it's not a knock on is the biggest load of BS ever. Just let the refs admit they made terrible mistakes and move on. I seriously hope the game in general benefits of this game because I don't want to see another team be robbed like we were on friday.
My mate has a mate who works for fox sports and that guy saw Sterlo after the match and apparently Sterlo said Souths were robbed big time!!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
My mate has a mate who works for fox sports and that guy saw Sterlo after the match and apparently Sterlo said Souths were robbed big time!!!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me at all. Any sane fan can clearly see we were robbed. At least our players fired up against the broncos though. Our forwards were killing them through the middle. Simple game plans win games. Looking forward to our next game.

doyen

Bench
Doesn't surprise me at all. Any sane fan can clearly see we were robbed. At least our players fired up against the broncos though. Our forwards were killing them through the middle. Simple game plans win games. Looking forward to our next game.

The Moga try was bizarre as the original aim by the ref was to rule on a "held-up" decision---which one would then assume meant a completed tackle had occurred --that's what I thought anyway.
Then all of a sudden it's play on to another option--very bizarre!!!

Can't remember ever seeing something like that before!

As for the "knock-on"---I can live with that as human error!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The Moga try was bizarre as the original aim by the ref was to rule on a "held-up" decision---which one would then assume meant a completed tackle had occurred --that's what I thought anyway.
Then all of a sudden it's play on to another option--very bizarre!!!

Can't remember ever seeing something like that before!

I think the biggest shame is that they had a lot of time to take a breath and analyse the situation but still came up with the wrong decision?

blaza88z

Coach
You guys are deadset kidding yourselves, so f**king what for one time in your precious lives the referees decided it wasn't your turn to win, you should all be on your knees after what happened in 2014, it was a week to week occurrence where Souffs would f**k over their opposition with the referees in their back pocket

Man up and move on, you're all making me sick with your pitiful attitude, poor poor me, get the f**k out of here, pride of the league? more like joke of the league, should be booted again for having the most vile fan base in the entire league, now all of you can shut the f**k up and sip on some more mentholated spirits but make sure you get the clear one, the blue one leaves stains on your tee.. oh my mistake, you merkins don't have teeth