What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

Fangs

Coach
Bennett inherited a much better group than Flanagan. We had a great team and the culture was ok aside from being chokers, but just lacked a few ingredients. Shane was the only one crazy enough to take on a bunch of misfits and 'almost players'.

I think the tide is turning but there's so much available cap and no-one to take it.
If you judge on ANZAC performances alone you can't say we are moving forward but I am sure that;s just me being emotional.

He did yes. Shane has a harder job but he is absolutely the right guy.

Moving forward on aggregate. Look at the season as a whole. Losses like this give everyone perspective. The Dragons need to learn where they are at.

Ask the Warriors if they are moving ahead...they started 2023 with 5 wins from 10 games...in 2024 they sit at 3 wins from 8 games with Knights and Roosters to come. I rate the Warriors as potential grand finalists this year and even they can't get it together right now.

thebigredv

First Grade
He did yes. Shane has a harder job but he absolutely the right guy.

Moving forward on aggregate. Look at the season as a whole. Losses like this give everyone perspective. The Dragons need to learn where they are at.

Ask the Warriors if they are moving ahead...they started 2023 with 5 wins from 10 games...in 2024 they sit at 3 wins from 8 games with Knights and Roosters to come. I rate the Warriors as potential grand finalists this year and even they can't get it together right now.
It's a weird comp. Personally, apart from an outstanding performance from their 7, I don't think the Roosters were even that special today although they did what was needed. Most teams are hot and cold this time of the year, particularly it seems this year.

Flanagan is the best man for the job because he is the only coach of note who wanted the gig. He talks a mean game but his recruitment impact has been a big let down so far. There needs to be a raft of big time signings in the coming months to give us hope for a brighter future.

Lennyb

Juniors
Unfortunately it was over on the 1st tackle.. we were never going to overcome 80 extra minutes in the forwards.. not against a good side that will make us do plenty of defence.

I expected this to happen, I get very frustrated after every win, the media and fans get all cocky about it.. its ridiculous.. were fielding a reserve grade team and we need a bloody lot to go our way to win a footy game.. same thing with all the Sloan love, 1 half decent game and everyone is signing him for 4yrs.. if we can just see some players perform well for a few weeks in a row..

But the really dark stuff for me is that we cant sign players.. AFB was the low point, missing Turuva too.. we tried to tight arse him and we are the only side with a potential fullback position available.. just burns hard.. I dont know how we improve this roster.. we cant afford to sit on our hands and wait for a few 18yr olds.
Im more dissapointed with the blokes that hugged JWH after the match and shook hands.

If the so called officials of the game, cant maintain standards, team mates should.

Sage63

Juniors
DISGRACEFUL

What a way to honour those who sacrificed so much for our freedom.

Does coach Flanno not understand what a big occasion Anzac Day is? He can't even get the team up for one of the biggest regular season matches!

Can we get this muppet off our books immediately please and take his ordinary recruits wit

DISGRACEFUL

What a way to honour those who sacrificed so much for our freedom.

Does coach Flanno not understand what a big occasion Anzac Day is? He can't even get the team up for one of the biggest regular season matches!

Can we get this muppet off our books immediately please and take his ordinary recruits with him?
Yes of course, we get rid of the "Muppet coach" and "his ordinary recruits".
so please, Genius, tell
us ignorant plebs who YOU are going to replace them with!?

Kolum Kid

Juniors
He did yes. Shane has a harder job but he is absolutely the right guy.

I don't believe it. Amongst all the doom and gloom, nashing of teeth, a voice of reason.

steerlerbab

Juniors
We were OK against them last year.
We may have been ok last year against them but there was a lot of circumstances (eg Hook's sacking. Usually teams go to another level when a coach gets sacked)
But this year as I said here yesterday their backline had an edge over us and with our front row not matching which was due to the weight of possession 53% we lost big time. Don't forget this is the era of the 7 tackle and repeat sets.