What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Roosters

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Me too fellas, I jumped up and cheered, I was so happy to see Simsy get the job done.

My wife said I was awful to be so happy about a player being hit so hard......I went and did the washing up after the game as punishment for being too happy!!
Funny that the joy you get from seeing the million dollar man get smashed.the things we all enjoy.

Gareth67

First Grade
And I will shed a tear or two if Sims does the same to Slater or Smith next week what do you reckon Gareth from one ol bastard to another

We can cry into each other's beer matey - and if anyone of our forwards do it , we will make it scotch . :relaxed:

And don't get surprised the way taraks playing along with a few other forwards .I'm sure Freddy has noticed .......Mary start giving some of the young forwards a run,eg Kerr,etc,etc

Yes Overseas dragon by the way some of the boys have been playing they may very well be fitted out in a sky-blue Jersey and good luck to them , as their efforts to date deserve some sort of reward .

And as you say Mary will now be forced to call upon the lower grade players such as Host , Sele and hopefully Josh Kerr and perhaps young Nicolles as well as giving Mann a run on position in the team . Big test for Mary himself during this period .

Crush

Coach
I think we have the best halves pairing in the competition.
Our forwards are the best in the comp.
Macdonald has become a top class winger. Aitken is looking very strong. Dufty has that x-factor.
Also, McGregor is saying all the right things.
I do worry about origin and rep games but I guess we should be thankful that we haven't had any injuries thus far.
I'm sold, 2018 we are the real deal.

hazzbeen

Bench
Macdonald has become a top class winger. Aitken is looking very strong. Dufty has that x-factor.
I do worry about origin and rep games but I guess we should be thankful that we haven't had any injuries thus far.
Crush a couple more wins and I will join you ..... Not just yet ....

getsmarty

Immortal

Still not sold on Aitken... Has to develop a pass and I think he will end up in the forwards; the push into touch was amateur stuff and his defense still needs work. I just wish people would not talk him up for origin and just let him develop his game.

Last edited:

The Origin period is a lot easier to handle when you start the season 7-1.
The bad part about that is when your 7-1 your sure to lose more player to Origin.

There was a play late in the game, when JDB got the ball from the dummy half, looked around and saw Host inside him, stopped and gave him the ball for a run.
Team play, brilliant to see him give the young guy a chance to do something.

Crush a couple more wins and I will join you ..... Not just yet ....

We beat the Storm next week I'm calling on the NRL to move the JJ Giltian shield down to Taj in preparation for round 26.

A long way to go and this may be wishful thinking, but we look, just in attitude alone, to be a different team this year.

Gareth67

First Grade
McInnes accidentally trip and shoulder to Keary - Simms ball and all clanger on Cronk and finally McDonalds ' finger of God ' moment try ! Each were within the rules of the game and as such the dragons reaped the rewards . The question is - did the rorters coach not visit the judiciary this year before the Anzac Day match as he had done in previous years ? ?

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Was it just me or was the turf last night just falling apart? You could see in some shots it was freshly laid and players were taking huge chunks and many slipping over...

hazzbeen

Bench
We beat the Storm next week I'm calling on the NRL to move the JJ Giltian shield down to Taj in preparation for round 26.

A long way to go and this may be wishful thinking, but we look, just in attitude alone, to be a different team this year.
Yep there does feel like there is a different feel to the team this year . As I stated else where for me it was how we respond after a loss and we passed our first test well . Mate I would love for us to give it to the storm , but Im not sold yet , lets belt this lot and I will be a changed man .....

Yep there does feel like there is a different feel to the team this year . As I stated else where for me it was how we respond after a loss and we passed our first test well . Mate I would love for us to give it to the storm , but Im not sold yet , lets belt this lot and I will be a changed man .....

Yep, one step away from believing, but I've been here before.

ozbuck

Juniors
Bad ref decisions ALWAYS go both ways. Its easy to forget that when you're on the bad end of one. That Nene try is an example of that. The amount of times I hear fellow Dragons supporters moan and cry victimhood every time theres a bad decision against us that 'cost us the game' is ridiculous!

If there's one team's supporters I hear the most victimhood around ref decisions is the Dragons. Its life, get on with it.

Crush

Coach
Still not sold on Aitken... Has to develop a pass and I think he will end up in the forwards; the push into touch was amateur stuff and his defense still needs work. I just wish people would not talk him up for origin and just let him develop his game.
He won't play origin, just hype, can't have 2 blues centres that can't pass.
Funny, at dragons we have one centre that can't pass and the other can't not pass.
I prefer the one that can't pass.....

getsmarty

Immortal
He won't play origin, just hype, can't have 2 blues centres that can't pass.
Funny, at dragons we have one centre that can't pass and the other can't not pass.
I prefer the one that can't pass.....

Good points Crush..personally I think Mann would be an upgrade on either...

FlameThrower

Bench
On Nine they did say it was only laid last week.

Does make you wonder why they would lay new turf on a Staduim due to be demolished.
Don’t start me on infrastructure and planning between local / state and utilities. My council decided to renew a footpaths and 2 months later - NBN crew come up and dig the whole lot up - why these guys can’t work together is beyond me.

Latest posts