What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Roosters

hazzbeen

Bench
Now "I LIKE" Ha ha ha
Jokes aside mate I hope we smash these guys , they need to restrict Smiths running from dummy half . We need need Mcinnes to run at them when he see something . IMO the 9s hold the key to winning this game , if he matches Smith we win this .....

slippery5

Juniors
Jokes aside mate I hope we smash these guys , they need to restrict Smiths running from dummy half . We need need Mcinnes to run at them when he see something . IMO the 9s hold the key to winning this game , if he matches Smith we win this .....
Our biggest challenge will be how we overcome their 3rd man in around the legs to drop the ball carrier slowing down the play the ball, they are masters of it. Late offloads will counteract it. Listening Mr McGregor?????

dino1

Juniors
I cant understand why dufty didnt chip kick and with his speed continue on and score. Why dont players do this anymore. I use to love it when steve mortima and morris use to dit.

hazzbeen

Bench
I cant understand why dufty didnt chip kick and with his speed continue on and score. Why dont players do this anymore. I use to love it when steve mortima and morris use to dit.
It was great to see and I loved how the lock used to stand behind the line and they would cover defend ..

Because the modern game is all about possession and playing out your sets, it not good or exciting, but it's today's reality.
It would take a brave coach to bring back the chip and chase on an early tackle.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would love to see Dufty chip and chase and regather, like Morris, Mortimore and Phil Blake used to do, as long as it comes off. I would also like to see Hunt or Widdop putting kicks through for Dufty to regather.

I am sure that most people remember Slater try in origin where he kicked and regathered and then kicked again to score one of the best tries ever scored in origin.

Walpole

Juniors
Yep, it is nice mate but 11 days is a long wait for some of us highly tuned tragics.
I only need 2 or 3 days after a win, maybe 4 or 5 after loss and I’m ready to go.
Dragons v Penrith in reserve grade on Saturday live on 9, good chance to keep your eye in!

St George Illawarra Dragons v Penrith Panthers
WIN Stadium

Saturday, 28 April 1pm
Broadcast LIVE on Channel 9 and 9Now

Crush

Coach
If you had the ability to read between the lines, you'd understand that my above remark refers to;

a) the draw - up until the Warriors game - had been exceptionally kind pitting Saints against average to substandard sides,

and b) an acknowledgment that four out of the first six matches have been at home.

It's not too difficult to fathom.
Jimmy, you said that the first 6 weeks wins were insignificant due to a soft draw and that our real test started in round 7. You also said that you were very concerned that we would be able to beat Roosters or Storm. Well mate not only did we beat those teams we beat them comprehensively.
Are you now feeling that this year is different to previous years?
Surely you can now see that we are a threat to this 2018 competition?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jimmy, you said that the first 6 weeks wins were insignificant due to a soft draw and that our real test started in round 7. You also said that you were very concerned that we would be able to beat Roosters or Storm. Well mate not only did we beat those teams we beat them comprehensively.
Are you now feeling that this year is different to previous years?
Surely you can now see that we are a threat to this 2018 competition?

Obviously, this season the side is playing pretty well...having a halfback helps enormously...but I am still a bit concerned that a lot of the Dragons' games have been at home:

1. Broncos...Kogarah
2. Cronulla...Away
3. Gold Coast...Away
4. Newcastle...Kogarah
5. Souths...Kogarah
6. Cronulla...Wollongong
7. Warriors...Away
8. Chooks...SFS
9. Melbourne...Kogarah

So, it worries me that most of the second half of the season will be away from home, and the draw has been kind.

Also, despite dominating Melbourne, I am not happy with the fact Saints scored ply more try than the Storm (4-3).

SaintElroy

Juniors
Obviously, this season the side is playing pretty well...having a halfback helps enormously...but I am still a bit concerned that a lot of the Dragons' games have been at home:

1. Broncos...Kogarah
2. Cronulla...Away
3. Gold Coast...Away
4. Newcastle...Kogarah
5. Souths...Kogarah
6. Cronulla...Wollongong
7. Warriors...Away
8. Chooks...SFS
9. Melbourne...Kogarah

So, it worries me that most of the second half of the season will be away from home, and the draw has been kind.

Also, despite dominating Melbourne, I am not happy with the fact Saints scored ply more try than the Storm (4-3).

And as of next week it’s 50% home and 50% away?