What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
While I would absolutely love to see our full strength side on the field, I'd much rather have players rehab their niggly injuries at the beginning of the season, and be right for the back end after origin. Hopefully Nath et al have gotten their mid season injury holidays out of the way earlier this season.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Rather see Riki in for Huth before Laurie getting axed.

But for mine.... Riki in for Huth, Alamoti in for Laurie and it's about as good as we can expect without Henry and Sorensen.
The only time Laurie has been used for more than 5mins was at lock against Manly and that didn't go well.
We don't need to cover every position this early in the year. We would be better off making a backrower play 6 or 9 in an emergency than playing with a man down every week. We have are burning out our forwards by doing so

Iamback

Coach
Rather see Riki in for Huth before Laurie getting axed.

But for mine.... Riki in for Huth, Alamoti in for Laurie and it's about as good as we can expect without Henry and Sorensen.

I liked when we played Laurie in the middle v Manly. Something like that changes the bench

Short of that then yeah Alamoti has the size to handle the pack

Iamback

Coach
The only time Laurie has been used for more than 5mins was at lock against Manly and that didn't go well.
We don't need to cover every position this early in the year. We would be better off making a backrower play 6 or 9 in an emergency than playing with a man down every week. We have are burning out our forwards by doing so

There was a couple of half chances that came from it. I'd rather that then someone who makes tackles only

WestyLife

First Grade

They lost the game but Laurie was fine. He offers half/fullback cover as well in the hia era is pretty big.

Iamback

Coach
I think so. We've seen backline injuries kill off so many games already this year I think Ivan's making the smart play.

I think it is smart. Ivan just needs to trust him for 10-15mins. IF we don't get an injury.

A true 14 will add heaps to this side

WestyLife

First Grade
I think it is smart. Ivan just needs to trust him for 10-15mins. IF we don't get an injury.

A true 14 will add heaps to this side

Yeah needs to use him somehow but he might be deliberately getting big minutes into players.

Latest posts