What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

Iamback

Coach
I feel like comments like these often underestimate the random factor. All things being equal I agree, but this year in particular we're more vulnerable to things like injuries/suspensions/loss of form.

Yet if you mentioned Ivan's selections or someone played poor behind the loss. You get caned, So you really can't win either way in these threads

age.s

First Grade
Yeah no one is at fault sending Martin out there with 1 arm dangling by his side from the 1st minute. Even better they put him next to our worst defender.
Thats sort of what I mean though. Its all well and good to blame Ivan but if a one armed Martin is better than an underdone Riki or Mav than the selection is correct. Throw in no Nath or Sorro, Fish with one shoulder, an out of form Tago and Turuva with other things on his mind and we're vulnerable, doesn't matter how good we'd be at full strength on paper.

Iamback

Coach
Thats sort of what I mean though. Its all well and good to blame Ivan but if a one armed Martin is better than an underdone Riki or Mav than the selection is correct. Throw in no Nath or Sorro, Fish with one shoulder, an out of form Tago and Turuva with other things on his mind and we're vulnerable, doesn't matter how good we'd be at full strength on paper.

he was no doubt needled up, yet we ran with 3 middles on the bench so if a 1 armed Martin wasn't better their was no other option.

soc123_au

Staff member
I feel like comments like these often underestimate the random factor. All things being equal I agree, but this year in particular we're more vulnerable to things like injuries/suspensions/loss of form.
Yeah, a few big injuries and things change. As it stands right now though there is a reason we are favorites.

Shades of Ivan slightly tinkering with the line up dynamics with Leota coming off bench or is it just
precautionary?

This game has similar ingredients to that Tigers Bathurst clash from 2023. Rain, few injuries against a limping side with not much to lose.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Leota is probably carrying an injury or they are being cautious.
One stint off the bench for impact, after the opening sting has passed, is probably the best use for him. Than starting full pelt.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
We play 60-70% of our best. We win this. Grind them down. Take our chances.
If we drop the ball, show no patience, and arm grab. We will be in trouble.
The start will be the key. Get on top of them early to break them. We don't need them getting confident by giving them a sniff.

Latest posts