What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

MugaB

Coach
He will get a weeks rest for that hip drop. Lets see if it is the boot up the ass he needs
Alamoti straight in, and the machine never stops, wouldn't mind schnieder as our 14, purely to see what he could bring off the bench in a middle role, push yeo into prop or a spell

Panther Mike

Juniors
At this same point of the season last year we had 2 less wins and 2 more losses and had just lost to a woeful Wests Tigers. Cleary didn't miss any of those games either. I thought that was a pretty poor start but the season ended with the most famous grand final comeback victory.
This part of the season is just about accumulating competition points, not about playing your best footy.

GongPanther

Referee
Has everyone forgotten that the team had a short turn around made worse by travelling to and from Nth Qld? Anyone would thought we lost. As to some of the legups that the ref gave Souffs - they were not releasing our players after several calls from the ref but who got all the repeated 6 agains?
This, underlined. Not to mention that this team, like any, has to play without familiar structures with the players who have replaced not only the players missing, but the players who have moved on. IMO, losing Crichton is a glaring example in which we are a work in progress. I think we have to have a bit more patience until this and other minor issues get sorted. We are sitting second ATM with a very wet weekend in front of us.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Has everyone forgotten that the team had a short turn around made worse by travelling to and from Nth Qld? Anyone would thought we lost. As to some of the legups that the ref gave Souffs - they were not releasing our players after several calls from the ref but who got all the repeated 6 agains?
There's an agenda against us this year with these 6 against and penalties

BossleyPanther

Juniors
At this same point of the season last year we had 2 less wins and 2 more losses and had just lost to a woeful Wests Tigers. Cleary didn't miss any of those games either. I thought that was a pretty poor start but the season ended with the most famous grand final comeback victory.
This part of the season is just about accumulating competition points, not about playing your best footy.
Great point. But man we look so bad in the 20 and our defence is leaky

MugaB

Coach
This, underlined. Not to mention that this team, like any, has to play without familiar structures with the players who have replaced not only the players missing, but the players who have moved on. IMO, losing Crichton is a glaring example in which we are a work in progress. I think we have to have a bit more patience until this and other minor issues get sorted. We are sitting second ATM with a very wet weekend in front of us.
That's what the pre season is for, plus an NRL team consists of a 30 man squad, if your team is only relevant coz of a few marquees, then your name is parra.... the best team wins, and we are prepared coz Ivan and the staff are good at what they do, Nathan's out big deal, shuggs shoulders, schnieder in, roll on... Dylan's out, Scruggs shoulders, turuva moves to FB, Alamoti comes in,
They've worked out contingencies for most of our squad, and train all 30 players to that standard, plug in/plug out, injuries happen, the other players at the lower end of the 30 know our structures, you can't compare this team to another opponent, we won't have any excuses, and don't believe in other clubs excuses either.... fancy souffs saying they win the 21 GF if lattrell is there FFS

BxTom

Bench
That's what the pre season is for, plus an NRL team consists of a 30 man squad, if your team is only relevant coz of a few marquees, then your name is parra.... the best team wins, and we are prepared coz Ivan and the staff are good at what they do, Nathan's out big deal, shuggs shoulders, schnieder in, roll on... Dylan's out, Scruggs shoulders, turuva moves to FB, Alamoti comes in,
They've worked out contingencies for most of our squad, and train all 30 players to that standard, plug in/plug out, injuries happen, the other players at the lower end of the 30 know our structures, you can't compare this team to another opponent, we won't have any excuses, and don't believe in other clubs excuses either.... fancy souffs saying they win the 21 GF if lattrell is there FFS
If Fattrelle played tonight we would have gone over 50 easy.

MugaB

Coach
Honestly thought Schneider was dogshit tonight. I’d be happy to not see him near the first grade side again until Origin.
So sets up a try, scores a try off a pretty good dummy, kick to corners all game, defends pretty solid, probably a lot better than Nath was last week, in a corridor that gets a lot of attacking forwards attention.... but yeah he was shit coz..

Copperhead

Juniors
It's kinda nice to be right but I'd rather be very wrong. He's not even doing well with the ball at this point
It's one of the most drastic regressions after an injury I can remember. Good thing we just made him one of the highest paid centres. At the moment I'd have preferred to keep Turuva instead.

Iamback

Coach

Do you forget we down 12-0 to the team running last?

It was 12all when they lost their halfback
18-12 when they then lost their fullback

The score was run up late due to guys out of position and no bench

snickers007

Juniors
When you consider the 5 day turnaround (with travel), the wet weather kryptonite, and missing Cleary, Sorro and Henry we should be happy with a 30 point win.

However the way they went about it still managed to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Poor discipline with and without the ball, terrible 5th tackle options, failure to isolate their makeshift centres and fullback, and whatever the f**k Tago thinks he's doing... Just putrid stuff.

Our fitness combined with Souths lack thereof got us over the line, but it was so poor.

Never like to see anyone injured or suspended, but if it gets Tago a break I hope he cops at least a week. Cleary, Martin, Alamoti and Turuva vs Burton, Kikau, Critta and JAC next week is gonna be a barn-burner.

Happy to bank the 2 points when we can, cause I think we'll really struggle this year through Origin if we're resting guys.

Iamback

Coach
When you consider the 5 day turnaround (with travel), the wet weather kryptonite, and missing Cleary, Sorro and Henry we should be happy with a 30 point win.

However the way they went about it still managed to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Poor discipline with and without the ball, terrible 5th tackle options, failure to isolate their makeshift centres and fullback, and whatever the f**k Tago thinks he's doing... Just putrid stuff.

Our fitness combined with Souths lack thereof got us over the line, but it was so poor.

Never like to see anyone injured or suspended, but if it gets Tago a break I hope he cops at least a week. Cleary, Martin, Alamoti and Turuva vs Burton, Kikau, Critta and JAC next week is gonna be a barn-burner.

Happy to bank the 2 points when we can, cause I think we'll really struggle this year through Origin if we're resting guys.

Good to get a summary beyond we got the 2 points. Just a continuation of what we have seen this year so far

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I tend to agree. Ivan (as usual) spoke well at the presser. Labeled this game as a potential banana skin game.

Thankfully Penrith improved as the game went on.

Romey isn't doing it for me at the moment. Almost a passenger. If W/T think he'll be a creative game manager in 2025.....they're in for a rude shock.
Tago needs a rest. More than a little ill disciplined.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So sets up a try, scores a try off a pretty good dummy, kick to corners all game, defends pretty solid, probably a lot better than Nath was last week, in a corridor that gets a lot of attacking forwards attention.... but yeah he was shit coz..

Considering he only came in this morning. I thought he did real well. Ivan blames himself for not making the call earlier.

Latest posts