What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

MugaB

Coach
DOnt really see how that applies to Laurie sorry mate. Salmon consitently played edge for us, he has been starting at 13 for the dogs hasnt he? You only need to look at Laurie to see he isnt going to get those type of minitues off the bench he is to small for that.
That's it exactly, he is too small, it's probably why Ivan doesn't trust longer minutes, he isn't a backrower..... and YOU know the silver fox loves his back rowers

The Realist

Juniors
Havent seen any of Schneiders natural ball playing ability, all of his ball playing against souths was terrible. Anyway im not bagging him i just dont think he is as solid at this point as cogger was last year. Outside of his grubbers which are top notch his kicking game is well below coggers.

And I think Laurie(who actually does have natural ball playing) is a better player. Kicking game is as good or better, hes a more dangerous runner and ball player. Yeah defensively he might not as good as Brad but everywhere else he is better imo. Im really keen to see 7. luai 6. Luarie next time Clearys out. Unlikely to happen but that is just what id like to see.

Ivan is defence first. Schneider will play despite Laurie being a far more talented and better attacking player. Laurie's defence is questionable, and Ivan can't seem to trust Luai directing the team at HB (I don't blame him).

Considering the above, Ivan has to stick with Schneider under 'IC Pantherball', unless injury forces his hand.

Also, you'd have to consider the team composition come finals time. What is the point of giving Luai reps in a position he won't play in come finals? You'd just end up muddling Luai's game. We also need to give Schneider some rep's because as we have seen in recent years - Nathan has become a little injury prone.

In any other style of team I would agree with getting Laurie in there. Most coaches would do it given the same roster. Most of us backseat coaches would as well. But IC has a different mentality than most people, including his peers.

betcats

Referee
That's it exactly, he is too small, it's probably why Ivan doesn't trust longer minutes, he isn't a backrower..... and YOU know the silver fox loves his back rowers

He is not to small for the halves which is where im saying id like him picked.

Fangs

Coach
Schneider is the easily the better defensive half over Cogger and O'Sullivan. Beats Laurie too.

Tbh I'm still on the fullback train for a Laurie. I think he gets his shot if Edwards gets an Origin jumper.

betcats

Referee
Schneider is the easily the better defensive half over Cogger and O'Sullivan. Beats Laurie too.

Tbh I'm still on the fullback train for a Laurie. I think he gets his shot if Edwards gets an Origin jumper.

Maybe but cogger still filled Clearys shoes better than Schneider has so far. I think Schneider is better than Sullivan but right now id love to have Cogger backing up cleary instead of Brad. Cogs was excellent for us.

MugaB

Coach
Maybe but cogger still filled Clearys shoes better than Schneider has so far. I think Schneider is better than Sullivan but right now id love to have Cogger backing up cleary instead of Brad. Cogs was excellent for us.
You might get your wish next year coz Newcastle have basically lost faith in him already, they were ready to play pantherball, but only bought cogger to do it

Schneider has played only 16 NRL games, hardly a good comparison, the other 2 were seasoned players.
Ivan said that he was called into the game at short notice , scored a try set up 2 others. Not a bad days effort.

The Realist

Juniors
scored a try set up 2 others. Not a bad days effort.

I sometimes wonder if people watch the game! One of those 'trys' was a complete mongulated attempt at a pass that was clearly forward but not called by the officials because it was such a spastic pass that they were confused and thought it ricochet off somebodies' head.

Very hard to give him proper credit for what really was a diabolical error.

I sometimes wonder if people watch the game! One of those 'trys' was a complete mongulated attempt at a pass that was clearly forward but not called by the officials because it was such a spastic pass that they were confused and thought it ricochet off somebodies' head.

Tsk Tsk

betcats

Referee
Schneider has played only 16 NRL games, hardly a good comparison, the other 2 were seasoned players.
Ivan said that he was called into the game at short notice , scored a try set up 2 others. Not a bad days effort.

That’s part of my point though. Cogger was more experienced and more able to do the job. Schneider is almost a rookie while Laurie is not.

betcats

Referee

yeah I genuinely think the ref thought that got touched and gave it a try once he’d done that they couldn’t do anything about it.

BxTom

Bench
yeah I genuinely think the ref thought that got touched and gave it a try once he’d done that they couldn’t do anything about it.
The first (?) try against us was off of a forward pass nearly two metres forward.