What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round1 major injury to key players

FlameThrower

Bench
Barely finished Round1 and so many injuries to key players and play makers. Reynolds and Sutton from Souths, Austin / Sezear from Raiders ...Sigiyaro from Penrith, Gallen from the Sharks.. Player depth and keeping the key players fit and injury free will go a long way this season. I also think the interchange reduction will have also come into play, especially in early part of the season when the weather is still quite warm.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I agree. Already we have seen that the reduced interchange has introduced fatigue back into the game and depth will be key this season.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Agreed but injuries so far have been to players who weren't affected by additional minutes
Perhaps new training regimes to accommodate longer minutes in Gallen's case but he's also aging

TheRev

First Grade
Agreed but injuries so far have been to players who weren't affected by additional minutes
Perhaps new training regimes to accommodate longer minutes in Gallen's case but he's also aging
Im concerned they will blame the injury count on the reduced interchange.. even though many were pre-season or round 1, reynolds comes to mind, just a bad tackle etc

Mr Red

First Grade
i havent seen the reduced interchange increase player fatigue at all. most coaches always ran with 8 legitimate changes last season, and always kept 2 up their sleeves and threw them on in the last 5 mins or so.
fatigue at this part of the season is more due to match conditioning and the heat.

none of the injuries to date could be blamed on having to play and extra 5-10 mins due to 2 less interchanges..

TheRev

First Grade
i havent seen the reduced interchange increase player fatigue at all. most coaches always ran with 8 legitimate changes last season, and always kept 2 up their sleeves and threw them on in the last 5 mins or so.
fatigue at this part of the season is more due to match conditioning and the heat.

none of the injuries to date could be blamed on having to play and extra 5-10 mins due to 2 less interchanges..
Agree 6 interchange from next year is the way to go.. and at junior levels as Ennis was talking about.

The exception however is legit injuries... the only time the interchange is an issue is like in recent weeks where 2-3 blokes cop serious injuries, then they will struggle to even field a team...

Latest posts