What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Parra Pride

Coach
Lol distribution of information and general marketing 101 with Tru Blu Entertainment and Big Ant Studios...

Like i said I hope this game comes with a thick ass instruction book... Cant wait to study it.

Watching one of the videos you can here, who I assume is a Tru Blu rep, giving kicking instructions, there wasn't a single successful kick in that video...

MattYg1

Bench
Watching one of the videos you can here, who I assume is a Tru Blu rep, giving kicking instructions, there wasn't a single successful kick in that video...

Is that the Tigers V Bulldogs one where the two kicks for touch and the kick off go about 5 metres in the form of a grubber?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Going off that game play footage, Iv noticed that the defence line comes up way too quickly and doesn't hold it's shape and meshes with the attacking team too much and the attacking players without the ball are like ghosts until they are there.

On the plus side, I like the way the players move. Very smooth.

natheel

Coach
Tez that's on easy mode and controlled so maybe it's different on a harder mode and the person is constantly changing players moving them as they move up in line?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
We I played it I found the defensive line holds its shape quite well, it was only when i started to push forward over the advantage line and quick play the balls that I noticed the gaps up the gut open up.

When I spoke to the rep, he said that the defense can hold the attacker down in the tackle to give time to the defense to set up, but too long and it will be a penalty.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
From Tru Blu's Facebook:

Tru Blu Entertainment Pty. Ltd. Correction - Our presenter at the recent in store "hands-on" events was asked the question " If you create a custom team , can you then use it in Career Mode?". It appears he replied yes or words to that effect and this in not correct. You can create a custom team, you can use it in Competition Mode but not in Career Mode. Sorry for the confusion, the answer was simply in error and not indented to mislead.

Tru Blu Entertainment Pty. Ltd. No, only licensed teams can be used in career mode, once you start editing the team it becomes a custom team.

Pretty f*cking ordinary IMO.

So Franchise mode will be outdated in a few weeks.

Parra Pride

Coach
I like the post Ross made "Franchise is pure fantasy".... That's why we can't add created players obviously, because it's fantasy...

CC_Eagle

First Grade
There's a difference between "creating a custom team" and adding 'custom' players to existing rosters though, right?

So long as my Player X (or if I decide to create the great Luke Williamson) can play in Franchise mode, I'll be happy.

Parra Pride

Coach
There's a difference between "creating a custom team" and adding 'custom' players to existing rosters though, right?

So long as my Player X (or if I decide to create the great Luke Williamson) can play in Franchise mode, I'll be happy.

There is no difference, your "Player X" will not be in Franchise.

Wes_Mantooth

Juniors
Been reading these forums for a while and following the RLL2 progress so I thought I would join up.

Going off all the fan videos and even the official gameplay video, it seems as though the first receiver is useless and the only time the attacking momentum looks to be there is when you pass straight to the second receiver.

In the few fan videos, when the first receiver gets the ball he is normally flat footed and already behind the rest of the back line. Hoping this is just down to people not really knowing much about the game or even something to do with tactics.

Can anyone who has played it comment on this?

azsportza

Live Update Team
That's balls. Why the hell are you allowed to custom for online but not franchise? Re-assessing purchase.

This from Ross Symons (Big Ant)

"Career mode is pure fantasy. Whatever the date the starting roster is set within one year of playing the Career mode all clubs will have made "fantasy" trades, retirements, and the like, it will not look real world in any case for years 2 - 10."

I really don't think is major selling point of the game. You will still be able to use edit team and use them in the 1 year mode.

Maybe not a selling point for everyone but for me career/franchise modes are the most important aspect gameplay feature of sports game. There no point playing 1 year seasons.

When you play games like NBA 2K and to an extent FIFA like me with the customization available it adds greatly to the shelf life for me otherwise it's just another purchase that lasted a week.

natheel

Coach
I like the post Ross made "Franchise is pure fantasy".... That's why we can't add created players obviously, because it's fantasy...

I think he means as in you don't need to follow your teams signings down to a tee and sign whoever you want and make the squad from 2012 how you wanted not how they did. I know it's stupid to not put custom players in but hopefully there will be a patch later

natheel

Coach
Custom teams will be good for online and we can trade players and make fantasy sides and play eachother etc

I think he means as in you don't need to follow your teams signings down to a tee and sign whoever you want and make the squad from 2012 how you wanted not how they did. I know it's stupid to not put custom players in but hopefully there will be a patch later

Lol wow, if that is his/their mentality then they need to leave the video game business. You can't assume how I want to play a game.

I'm going to pull out of the 360 league I'm not buying this until they include a patch to customise franchise or confirm a patch for updated rosters.