What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

Parra Pride

Coach
I get why it is. Nobody is going to think through any of that crap when it comes down to picking one of the big sports titles over a League game though.

RoosTah

Juniors
I get why it is. Nobody is going to think through any of that crap when it comes down to picking one of the big sports titles over a League game though.
Sure they are.

Take me for example - in a choice between FIFA 17 and RL3 I'd pick RL3 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Why? Because I f**king hate soccer and so get absolutely nothing out of a FIFA game.

The whole reason a game like Rugby League can have as many video games made as it has is because of people like me who really just love Rugby League and can't find a substitute.

I mean, in a funny sort of way by your logic you shouldn't even be watching the NRL in real life because the NRL is a poorer and less elite competition than either the NFL or EPL by a wide margin. But you still watch it right? Why? Because like me you're a Rugby League man.

Parra Pride

Coach
I actually watch more NBA than I do NRL, though that's kind of easy with the amount of games on every week. I've also played a hell of a lot more NBA 2K than I have RLL3, why? Because the game does everything better. I'll happily take NBA 2K18 at the end of the year over the fourth game here because it's leaps and bounds ahead, and if I'm dropping $90+ either way you damn well bet I'm getting the best value for my money.

RoosTah

Juniors
I actually watch more NBA than I do NRL, though that's kind of easy with the amount of games on every week. I've also played a hell of a lot more NBA 2K than I have RLL3, why? Because the game does everything better. I'll happily take NBA 2K18 at the end of the year over the fourth game here because it's leaps and bounds ahead, and if I'm dropping $90+ either way you damn well bet I'm getting the best value for my money.

That's fine for you, but again you said "nobody is going to think through any of that crap when it comes down to picking one of the big sports titles over a League game though."

Again, you sound like you think that you some how speak for all of Australia or something...

For blokes like you who love your foreign sports populated by teams that have nothing to do with Australia or where you're from, that's fine, but there's plenty of us who like our footy and local culture and we wouldn't piss on any of those sports games no matter how well produced they are because they just have nothing to do with the games we play and love.

If everyone was like you we wouldn't be about to get our fourth NRL footy game in this series of games, but thankfully they aren't and there's enough people like me who give enough of a shit about our sports for these games to keep coming out.

Anyway though... basketball? ... each to their own I guess, but I thought that shit went out of fashion in the '90s in this country along with our passing interest in baseball.

Parra Pride

Coach
You seem to just not like the fact that these bigger titles aren't Australian? Do you not watch any big budget Hollywood movies because they aren't locally produced?

RoosTah

Juniors
You seem to just not like the fact that these bigger titles aren't Australian? Do you not watch any big budget Hollywood movies because they aren't locally produced?
Yeah of course I do. Just went and saw Logan in fact, but sport is about tribalism and the most authentic and truest tribes are always local. People who claim to be mad ManU etc fans without ever having any family or connection to the place... well that I just don't get.

I don't hate that other sports are bigger, I just don't care for them because seriously why should I when I have zero connection to any of those foreign places and sports?

I get that you get into all that stuff, but it does nothing for a guy like me. Its all too remote foreign and disconnected so it just bores me and Aussies who walk around in their EPL etc shirt always just seem like shallow band wagoners and pure "brand consumers" more than sports fans.

RoosTah

Juniors
Yep, never buying another game off them again. Big Ant are an insular, lazy and openly arrogant studio who have no desire to improve their games and when their consumers give them valid criticism they do shit like this.

f**k them.

Quick update - by the looks of things BigAnt aren't making any of these footy games anymore. It seems HES has been transferring all the work to Wicked Witch.

Not sure if that's good news though to be honest... I bought Rugby Challenge 3, which they developed, and it was quite literally a paint swap of Rugby Challenge 2 from Sidhe.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
For blokes like you who love your foreign sports populated by teams that have nothing to do with Australia or where you're from, that's fine, but there's plenty of us who like our footy and local culture and we wouldn't piss on any of those sports games no matter how well produced they are because they just have nothing to do with the games we play and love.

You mean like the NBA, where there are plenty of Aussie's plying their trade, and included the only other International team other than the USA as a playable team in NBA 2k17

RoosTah

Juniors
You mean like the NBA, where there are plenty of Aussie's plying their trade, and included the only other International team other than the USA as a playable team in NBA 2k17
Not sure what your point is here. Aussies making it in the NBA doesn't make that comp any more Aussie... by that logic having guys like Craig wing and other Aussies playing in Japanese rugby makes a the Japanese comp worth getting pumped up about.

Either way you blokes are missing the point. You either like Rugby League or you don't. You blokes all sound like part timer fair weather fans of the sport.

Big Pete

Referee
If the reception to AFL Evolution is anything to go by, don't get your hopes up about White Witch's efforts to make a Rugby League game.

Paullyboy

Coach
Not sure what your point is here. Aussies making it in the NBA doesn't make that comp any more Aussie... by that logic having guys like Craig wing and other Aussies playing in Japanese rugby makes a the Japanese comp worth getting pumped up about.

Either way you blokes are missing the point. You either like Rugby League or you don't. You blokes all sound like part timer fair weather fans of the sport.
So because I like NFL, I'm a part time fan of rugby league? Just quietly, it's hard to see you as anything other than a goose.

Oh and your username suggests you might have an interested in the Waratahs as well as the Roosters. Splitting your allegiance between two sports that are in direct competitions for every cent they own would be the genuine "part timer fair weather fan".

Parra Pride

Coach

I've been an Eels fan my whole life, at no point have I thought about supporting anyone else and I've stuck with them in the good times and the bad. But now I'm a fair weather fan because I dare take interest in another sport? Get f**ked.

RoosTah

Juniors
I've been an Eels fan my whole life, at no point have I thought about supporting anyone else and I've stuck with them in the good times and the bad. But now I'm a fair weather fan because I dare take interest in another sport? Get f**ked.

You can talk about being a die hard all you like, but you also pretty recently wrote that
I actually watch more NBA than I do NRL

Just sayin'

Parra Pride

Coach
You can talk about being a die hard all you like, but you also pretty recently wrote that

Just sayin'

Nice way to take something out of context.

I actually watch more NBA than I do NRL, though that's kind of easy with the amount of games on every week.

There are thirty NBA teams and eighty two regular season games, it'd be kind of hard not to watch more of it than NRL. Tell me more about how there simply being more NBA games makes me a half hearted League supporter.

RoosTah

Juniors
So because I like NFL, I'm a part time fan of rugby league? Just quietly, it's hard to see you as anything other than a goose.

Oh and your username suggests you might have an interested in the Waratahs as well as the Roosters. Splitting your allegiance between two sports that are in direct competitions for every cent they own would be the genuine "part timer fair weather fan".

I never said you can't support other games - if you'd followed the thread you'd know my main gripe is this BS argument from people that there's no point supporting a good NRL footy game because it's not in the Madden/FIFA/2K class.

I watch Union too, but I bloody love my Rugby League and so for me a Rugby League video game (you know the topic of this thread) is always gonna be of more interest to me than a FIFA/Madden/2K game. That's why I resent being told that an NRL game isn't worth playing at $100 a copy just because it's not to the standard a sport 100 times bigger.

BestHookerRein

Juniors

You said it had nothing to do with Australia, having Aussie players, and the National Team seems to have something to do with Australia M8

natheel

Coach

Just sayin'
Doesn't make him a lesser fan. I'm a die hard eels fan and league fan but I don't always watch every league game. I watch other sports too. Why is that so hard to grasp? People can have other interests to NRL and still be a die hard fan.